What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » If you were so drunk» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (12): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If you were so drunk
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-16-2010 9:11 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

RUM CAKE!

Oh wait, that doesn't work.

Can we have some rum cake anyway?
07-16-2010 9:24 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My mom used to/sometimes still makes these pretty awesome rum balls around the holidays.

The rum she uses is that kind with the flame guard on it, like the bacardi 151 proof "apparently we had to put a mesh screen on this or else some idiot will turn their home into mini-dresden its so flammable" kind.

I once ended up going to a christmas eve mass, forgetting about it before I went, and had been doing shots of that and watching it's a wonderful life because I just have to watch the "jimmy stewart freaks the hell out and decides to kill himself" scene or it's not technically christmas.

That was a good mass. I don't remember much of it, except it was the now ex-priest that I hated and at one point he started bawwing about the media and cited south park or the simpsons or something and I'm like stifling laughter and elbowing the people I was there with and muttering quotes from whatever it was he cited. (Episcopalians aren't supposed to baww about media that...it just seems beneath us. It's like an evangelical sort of thing, low-church as hell)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-16-2010 9:39 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah really, leave the bitching about the media to The Soup.
07-16-2010 10:08 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If Joel McHale were an episcopal priest, spectral knight templars would appear and...do..something. I dunno. But it'd be baller and ghost templars would appear

Except then he couldn't host the soup, and be on community.

So it would not be that awesome. It would be ghost templars but at too high a price.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2010 10:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is Community funny yet?
07-16-2010 10:14 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

community has always been funny, fagquot

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

07-16-2010 10:15 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's mainly been amusing funny, not laugh your ass off funny.
07-16-2010 10:58 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's weird, I should DESPISE this show but I actually really like it.

It frequently references stuff (which is a family guy type of Faggot lazy hipster thing usually ) but...not overtly. Like the writers will nestle it in, and it seems organic. Even the overt "this is a goodfellas reference" episode. But, I love that movie..yet in the context of the show it still somehow worked independently. They also did one which was every trope from action movies...I dunno. Weirdly they seem to make this sorta thing work without it being just "HAY LOL REMEMBER THIS"

Oh also the creator/head writer hates glee apparently. And has basically said so, and put in overt slights against it into episodes so....I like that.

(Oh also the chick that plays Annie, and is pretty lol, is also on Mad Men. I did not realize this for a while.)

tldr: Basically it seems like the writers are all t.v./movie/etc nerds who can reference these things without it being "HAY LOIS REMEMBER THE TIME *DUDE FARTS ON STARSCREAM. LOL CHILDHOOD*"

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2010 11:00 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

From the Mkaers of Glee: A Julia Roberts movie!
07-16-2010 11:08 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Watch, season 2 of that the internet will start hating it.

I'm already seeing it on SA and so forth, "OH WELL IT USED TO BE SUBVERSIVE BUT NOW ITS JUST OVER THE TOP"

It's the dude who made nip/tuck, that show was literally just "What weird surgical shit and bizarre plot can we do now". Then he made a musical.

Quote:
Julia Roberts

Glee and Julia Roberts

Was that post designed to make me just shudder so much I bit off my own tongue and choked on it

Quote by Alizarin:

07-17-2010 4:22 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pyramid Head:
It frequently references stuff (which is a family guy type of Faggot lazy hipster thing usually ) but...not overtly. Like the writers will nestle it in, and it seems organic. Even the overt "this is a goodfellas reference" episode. But, I love that movie..yet in the context of the show it still somehow worked independently. They also did one which was every trope from action movies...I dunno. Weirdly they seem to make this sorta thing work without it being just "HAY LOL REMEMBER THIS"

The Simpsons used to be like this. You can make references and still have it be funny. Just, Family Guy and the like basically go, "Remember this? This is something you remember. You can laugh because it's some recollection to something you know." They don't even try to make it funny.

Community sucks balls, though. Just saying.
07-18-2010 8:45 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If you wanted to get X drunk without him tasting alcohol, you should try Mike's Hard *ades. I hear tell that it's alcohol for pussies, or people with pussies.

07-18-2010 8:48 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also, no idea wtf I'd get for ink. I WANT to get a tattoo, but I know it'd have to be some sort of symbol, black only.

If I were drunk, it'd be the ancient symbol of the Aes Sedai. Or just the Dragon's Fang. (The symbol is the Yin Yang, minus the little circles in opposite colors. Dragon's fang is just the black half.)

Or Superman's S shield.

Or the Triforce.

07-19-2010 11:31 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pyramid Head:
Quote:
Julia Roberts

Glee and Julia Roberts

Was that post designed to make me just shudder so much I bit off my own tongue and choked on it

Nope, there's a movie coming out with Roberts that loudly states FROM THE MAKERS OF GLEE on the commercials

Socrates: Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.

07-19-2010 12:09 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

:|

Quote by Alizarin:

08-05-2010 2:58 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
If you wanted to get X drunk without him tasting alcohol, you should try Mike's Hard *ades. I hear tell that it's alcohol for pussies, or people with pussies.

No. Nobody is "icing" X or anyone else.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-06-2010 10:08 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mike's Hard *Ades look like shit and their commercials repulse me.
08-06-2010 11:27 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

it's just spiked *ade.

08-06-2010 11:40 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it's countrytime lemonade with flavorless grain spirits or something put in it.

You might as well be buying a packet of tang and a bottle of popov, then shake it around in an empty soda bottle, it's the same damn thing

Quote by Alizarin:

08-06-2010 6:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think I could get X to drink Peach Schnapps, that shit is pretty fucking good

Socrates: Get not your friends by bare compliments, but by giving them sensible tokens of your love.

Pages (12): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » If you were so drunk