What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » COVERS» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page COVERS
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-08-2010 3:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, since Pandora thought it would be amusing to play Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes I thought I'd make this topic.

Tell us some bad covers you've heard

Or tell us some good ones (those don't exist [I am joking])

Here's the one that currently makes me want to maim children: Cat Power :: "Space Oddity" (David Bowie cover)

You may have heard it on a commercial of theirs

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

09-08-2010 3:37 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Peace.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-08-2010 3:40 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have extreme dislike of David Bowie's cover of Across The Universe

09-08-2010 10:36 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You keep saying you got something for me
Something you call love, but I call sex
You've been kissing when you ought-to-be-a-screwing
And now someone else can kiss your ass

These boots are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots
Are gonna walk all over you

You been lying and there ain't no believing
And you keep sayin,What you on about bitch
You been staying when you ought-to-be-a-leaving
Now whats right is right but you ain't been right yet

And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots
Are gonna walk all over you

You've keep dressing ways you shouldn't be dressing
And you keep thinking that you'll never get burned, ha!
I just found me a brand new box spring matress
What you know, bitch, you got a lot to learn

That's just what they'll do
And one of these days these boots
Are gonna stomp all over you

Are you ready boots?
Start walking

And you think I'm kidding, don't ya?!

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-09-2010 12:39 AMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The shiny toy guns version of Major Tom.

Although I listen to it anyway because I'm weird

Quote by Brand:
(I was so broke I sold my hair for rent money, just to give you an idea)

09-12-2010 3:37 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sometimes covers can be good. Bob Dylan apparently is on record as saying Hendrix outdid him with "all along the watchtower"

Rare case, but somebody had to play devils advocate (also how do I make that opening guitar bit my ringtone)

edit: Wait how are we defining covers. Cause many bands/people have done songs that were from other people and done it well

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-12-2010 1:41 PMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

can't think of any really bad covers off the top of my head, but i do like mastodon's cover of Just Got Paid

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

09-12-2010 8:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Another one of my most hated covers

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

09-12-2010 8:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm not even that much of a michael jackson fan and that shits pretty awful yeah

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2010 10:36 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's also the fact that the original is pretty much vastly superior to anything anyone else could try to do for it.
09-12-2010 10:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah but this is like...some guy with conniptions just spasming out in front of a theremin would outdo it.

..Actually that would be awesome and I think I just revolutionized contemporary music as we know it.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-12-2010 11:08 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I know the song well, I actually have the CD.
09-12-2010 11:14 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dr Tenma:
Another one of my most hated covers

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

You brought back a year of radio listening I wanted to forget.

Quote by Brand:
(I was so broke I sold my hair for rent money, just to give you an idea)

09-12-2010 11:16 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pretty much, when it came out it was nonstop around here.
09-13-2010 2:27 AMMav is offline Send an Email to Mav Homepage of Mav Search for Posts by Mav Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i hate radio with a passion because of the late nineties, when things like alien ant Faggots were all the rage

Dammit Mav, you're Gay

Quote by Alizarin:
<Alizarin>: mav mav he's mabulous la la la

Quote by Daveh:
I thought of you and my cock got as hard as a diamond, the rope stood no chance D:

09-13-2010 1:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Still kinda convinced we all actually died in 1987 and then everything up to now has been some kind of twisted, "no exit" scenario where we just haven't processed whats happening

Quote by Alizarin:

09-13-2010 1:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..the late 90s is hell?

09-13-2010 3:02 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pyramid Head:
Still kinda convinced we all actually died in 1987 and then everything up to now has been some kind of twisted, "no exit" scenario where we just haven't processed whats happening

Being born in 90, I don't know what to make of this.

09-13-2010 3:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You remember that zombie baby in the remake of dawn of the dead.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-17-2010 2:14 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Norther - Tornado Of Souls (Megadeth Cover)

this is so bad

the vocals are terrible

the guitars are slower and the tone is abysmal

the solo sounds like puke Frown

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » COVERS