What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Recipes Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Recipes Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-27-2016 12:35 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

God I would drink eggnog daily if I could
12-02-2016 10:12 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm excited to have a kitchen that I can actually (attempt to) cook in. Should probably take a cooking class or something too since marathoning food network probably doesn't count as culinary training.

12-02-2016 10:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah cooking class may be best. Or if we all ever run into money we just go to a resort that has kitchens and I teach ALL Dottlers how to cook

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

12-02-2016 10:29 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

At work one day I was helping with the salad making and someone told me to julienne something and I was all lol wat. They also took away my tomato cutting privileges after I tried with the wrong knife apparently.

12-02-2016 11:36 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TBH, watching Food Network all the time in high school because my 'rents marathoned it helped my cooking skills.

Food usually isn't gross! Sometimes I get compliments!

I have a hard time cooking steak though. We only have the stove top to do it, really, so... It's not good.

12-03-2016 10:25 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would be good at cooking if I could read stuff.
05-01-2017 4:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Alabastard:
God I would drink eggnog daily if I could

I just loved how my dad was all "gotta be reallll careful you don't scramble the egg, you gotta do it like this, you have to pay attention to-"

And I was like "done", and it was smooth and perfect and X ATE IT ALL.

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

08-01-2017 3:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hol's Chili for Alex

1 big green (or orange or red) bell pepper
Large can (close to 30 oz or more) kidney beans
Small can (15 oz I guess? ) of pinto beans
Can of tomato puree, 20-some oz, can get flavored kind
Half a small vidalia onion because GOD FORBID SHARP TASTE AN ONION
Two sticks of celery, add more if wanted
A couple of cloves of garlic, sweated with the beef
About a pound of ground beef
A few fresh tomatoes
Black pepper
Cumin
Chili powder
Red pepper
A bit of italian seasoning

Set cooker for 8 hours on low. Pour entirety of beans and tomato puree into slow cooker. Cut pepper into desired size pieces, throw in. Same for the tomatoes. Cut onion small so princess can't taste it too much. De-string celery as much as you can before cutting it up and throwing it in. In pan, cook beef with the garlic until beef is browned. Dump whole thing in slow cooker, do not drain. Add a lot of chili powder and cumin. The rest of the spices add at your discretion.

Taste and make sure it's not too "tomatoey" aka sweet. Add a little salt and more chili powder if it's too sweet.

08-01-2017 6:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

fucking lol about onions
08-02-2017 6:20 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just don't understand how someone can hate onions but love garlic

They're both bulbs

08-03-2017 6:35 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just steal all my recipes from mom blogs

Pages (9): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Recipes Thread