What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Goodbye, Soup» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Goodbye, Soup
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-08-2011 9:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"I'm glad its gonna be a big-ass place cause I can go and hide and get away from these motherfuckers, I'm sick of them"

Actual question posed by my roommate over that moonshine show: "Why do they always bother doing it in the woods?"

Actual response from me: "Yeah...You'd think they could just do it in a basement, like meth, just tap into the water main"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-09-2011 7:36 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Moonshine show?
12-09-2011 10:49 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes theres some show on one of those channels I never really watch about moonshine production

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2011 7:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
Joel, shut the fuck up about Community, oh my God.

If it gets canceled the internet is gonna become insufferable, and I say this as someone who likes the show. To the point I'm afraid I'll retroactively hate it

(I didn't bitch constantly when Terriers got canceled, and that was awesome, because it was a detective show along the lines of like "rockrord files" or novels about dudes outside the system solving murders, and not CSI ZOOM ENHACE RAEP, welcome change. Whatever its on netflix supposedly and if you like good shows check it out. But I just accepted its done and never coming out on dvd..or okay yes I did bitch and am griping but I understand nobody watched, not my fault, I'm at peace.)

PS: I am not saying "ZOMG GO WATCH COMMUNITY". A) You aren't nielson households, so it doesn't matter. B) I'm not doing that, I'll recommend, possibly loudly, things I like to watch and feel you would/could enjoy, but I'm not gonna get uppity and degrade you for not doing it*, that is crass. Causing 'drama' over television habits...I'd like to keep some approximation of dignity.

(*If I have I apologize)

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2011 8:29 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's just getting on my nerves a bit how every episode of Soup lately has

Sorry to interrupt Moose's post but don't forget to watch COMMUNITY, THURSDAYS ON NBC.
12-09-2011 9:22 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah its asinine. Its not like its gonna draw new viewers. The soup does "random people show up and plug their show" thing. Hey its an excuse to look at alison brie from mad men who is also on that show.

NBC is a poorly run network though. And that is no longer a joke, just a reality.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-10-2011 12:37 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Maybe it';s an NBC contrac thing
12-10-2011 1:00 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I watched the first ep of Comm and a bit of the second, and I was like "okay so in this universe Joel is a prick lawyer who is chasing a woman who won't give him the time of day.

This is so far from reality I can't even watch this"

I HAVE THE FURY OF MY OWN MOMENTUM.

12-10-2011 2:29 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Joel being this heartsick loser is an extremely lame role for him, yes.
12-10-2011 2:45 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Heartsick? I haven't noticed that.

The romance subplot crap is a lot more subdued than parks and recreation which has now become cloying with that lovey dovey crap. Like I'm sitting there going "ACT LIKE A SITCOM DAMMIT. OR IF THIS IS A SOAP OPERA, SOMEBODY GET AMNESIA OR DUB IT INTO SPANISH AND HAVE A LOT OF FIGHTS"

The entire last episode before it goes on hiatus was basically a troll against the show glee, the guy who writes community really hates that show apparently (good because its a cancer of a show and the viewing public has lost whatever pittance of respect I used to have for them...WAKE UP AMERICA, THIS WON'T GO AWAY UNLESS YOU FLIP THE CHANNEL).

Quote by Alizarin:

12-10-2011 4:21 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Admittedly, the only episode of Community I really remember was the one where Joel's character drunk dials some chick and spills his lovey-dovey guts to her, and it's like, "This feels wrong, this feels so wrong."
12-10-2011 4:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..Oh yeah I think I remember that one..unless I'm confusing it with the one where they just all get drunk

Quote by Alizarin:

12-10-2011 7:42 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Joel is tall, skinny, and funny.

Chicks would fall over themselves just to get him to notice them, so what's this "he can't get a woman" bullshit?

A LIE, THAT'S WHAT

I HAVE THE FURY OF MY OWN MOMENTUM.

12-12-2011 6:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I completely agree.
12-16-2011 4:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Nobody will care about you, lets be honest"

*slow clap leading into standing ovation*

Laughing Out Loud

Quote by Alizarin:

12-16-2011 5:09 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Glory:
I just noticed we don't have a Soup thread! Unless I am blind, which is possible cause I have my glasses off

Oh, here go hell come.

Oh god that gif... I AM SEXUALLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW

12-16-2011 5:11 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And I also enjoy Community, except oh god I hate Chevy Chase for reasons I don't understand.

12-16-2011 9:25 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This seems to be a common thing, people not liking Chevy Chase for unknown reasons.
12-16-2011 10:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think it's because he's not really funny, yet is famous.
12-16-2011 10:21 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I guess he was funny on SNL way back when.

Speaking of old, great SNL actors, I'm going to post this yet again even though Chevy Chase isn't in it. I don't really care.
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Goodbye, Soup