What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Friendship Lost Its Magic» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (125): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Friendship Lost Its Magic
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
06-04-2011 4:32 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Then Lauren Faust left the show, purportedly because the internet lost its shit over the episode they found "religious"

Basically I have a message for all the whiny secular humanists out there (you are not athiests, athiests are confident enough in their views to not lose their minds over cartoon ponies). I'm not gonna point out how the recurrent theme of divinity/meaning in the universe is present in basically all mediums throughout history and how it's just an existential condition. I'm not gonna point out how failing to understand this makes you incapable of understanding other people.

I'm just going to go for the jugular. No matter what you do, no matter how much you whine, no matter what 'victories' you think you scored. The infintesimal 0.001% of the world population you comprise will never meaningfully change things.

Every president until this country ceases to exist will swear themselves in on a bible or other religious text. Every oath sworn in a court will be done like this. This will never change.

Deal with it

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

06-04-2011 4:39 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Slender Man:

Deal with it

Chris Rock: I'm severely overrated. I'm just above a hack. That should be the name of my new DVD: 'Chris Rock: Slightly Above Hack'.

06-04-2011 4:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love this show.
06-04-2011 5:01 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think the cartoon industry must be snickering to itself for the immense amount of butthurt generated from grown adults watching children's television shows.

Except for the Adventure Time guy, that man's stoned 25 hours a day 366 days a year.

06-04-2011 5:05 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hank:
the immense amount of butthurt generated from grown adults watching children's television shows.

Agreed, I too found the reaction to firefly's cancellation fairly odd.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

06-04-2011 5:09 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THE GREATEST SCI-FI SHOW EVER
06-04-2011 5:14 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Slender Man:
Quote by Hank:
the immense amount of butthurt generated from grown adults watching children's television shows.

Firefly was a pretty cool show, died before its time, and could have had a phenomenal second season once the writing team found focus.

That said, I wouldn't call myself a browncoat.

06-04-2011 5:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hank:
Quote by Slender Man:
Quote by Hank:

Firefly was a pretty cool show, died before its time, and could have had a phenomenal second season once the writing team found focus.

By "found focus" I'm assuming you mean "fired joss whedon" because the only thing he really ever does is quippy dialogue and then some waifish girl throws someone twice their size across a room.

Also wow that..is that an actual thing

Quote by Alizarin:

06-04-2011 5:39 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't Firefly revived for the Science Channel? I always see commercials for "an all-new episode of Firefly."
06-04-2011 8:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They probably mean new on that network cause no it wasn't renewed.

If it had been the internet would probably crash from the amount of people spamming about how its back

Quote by Alizarin:

06-04-2011 8:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Slender Man:
Quote by Hank:

Beautiful post

Chris Rock: I'm severely overrated. I'm just above a hack. That should be the name of my new DVD: 'Chris Rock: Slightly Above Hack'.

06-05-2011 12:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've joined the pony goon forum, since SA banned all mention of ponies.

There's a poll about gender and age. 138 males, 10 females, 20 "other" (aka females)

What. The. Fuck.

06-05-2011 12:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That would probably apply in any SA thread/forum

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2011 12:59 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's just totally opposite of what I'm used to.

On the other pony boards there's one hetero dude, and maybe 10 Gay guys. All the rest, female.

06-05-2011 1:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aren't those all about the '80s one and the people making those frequently idiotic looking "conversions" though

Quote by Alizarin:

06-05-2011 1:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Mostly, yes. The people making "custom ponies"

06-05-2011 4:34 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I guess MLP finally found that coveted 18-35 male demographic.
06-05-2011 4:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Everything else wants to

Lawlz the resolution to the grand galoping gala story arc ending with a metaphor for donuts as disappointed people heading to a bar after a horrible party ("Don't you think I've had enough?" "I'LL TELL YOU WHEN I HAVE")

Quote by Alizarin:

06-06-2011 5:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You should see the one set in Appleloosa. Non-stop hilarity.
06-17-2011 1:10 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Shy Opinionated Grouchy Invisible Man:
I guess MLP finally found that coveted 18-35 male demographic.

And some most of them are 'sperginin goons. Makes sense.

Pages (125): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Friendship Lost Its Magic