What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Agree With Me if you don't want to be wrong» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Agree With Me if you don't want to be wrong
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-14-2011 4:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This looks terrible, absolutely terrible. Way too dark and gritty, Superman isn't a dark and gritty character. Yes Batman made alot of money and now they think people want films like that but it worked for Batman because its fucking Batman

Superman is way more lighthearted and i read an analysis of this image online and it made me notice you cant tell if he has his red undies in this costume. really, no red undies? superman needs his undies

lets just all agree that without christopher reeve in this world nobody can play superman nobody!

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-14-2011 5:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol this title reminds me of X

But yes gritty Superman will never, ever work.

Conan O'Brien: When all else fails there's always delusion.

08-14-2011 5:52 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
This looks terrible, absolutely terrible. Way too dark and gritty, Superman isn't a dark and gritty character. Yes Batman made alot of money and now they think people want films like that but it worked for Batman because its fucking Batman

Superman is way more lighthearted and i read an analysis of this image online and it made me notice you cant tell if he has his red undies in this costume. really, no red undies? superman needs his undies

lets just all agree that without christopher reeve in this world nobody can play superman nobody!

I don't know why they didn't get Brandon Routh to do it again, he just has that superman look.

08-14-2011 6:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hank:
Quote by Toxicroak:

I don't know why they didn't get Brandon Routh to do it again, he just has that superman look.

Probably because superman returns was ponderous and awful and they want to distance themselves from that, because studios enjoy not losing money.

What about dark knight rises, I haven't been following that, anything new on that front. I think I saw a picture of bane maybe

Quote:

Yeah really, cause he wasn't playing it totally straight, he was playing it sort of accepting that this is a premise you kinda can't make completely serious. Gene Hackman as Luthor too.

I don't mean full on, adam west era batman (though I liked that too) but yeah you could tell everybody involved with that movie sort of embraced its sort of absurd that theres an invulnerable flying man fighting a billionaire...except maybe for marlon brando, except by that point he probably didn't even know where he was and was just plotting to buy his little island and get real fat.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-14-2011 6:15 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

superman returns didn't lose money, it just didn't make as much as warner wanted it to

and superman shouldn't be taken as seriousky as batman.. a big part of the fun of superman is the absurdity of the character where you can just pretty much do any stupid thing you want to him because he's pretty much invincible.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-14-2011 6:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
superman returns didn't lose money, it just didn't make as much as warner wanted it to

and superman shouldn't be taken as seriousky as batman.. a big part of the fun of superman is the absurdity of the character where you can just pretty much do any stupid thing you want to him because he's pretty much invincible.

Exactly.

Batman is supposed to be about a guy so psychologically damaged by tragedy and surrounded by monsters and corruption that he's forced to put on a cape as some kinda like coping mechanism

Superman is space-moses embodying truth justice and the american way and flying around

And I guess it didn't totally flop..it was terrible though, lifeless, dull, no humor or spark to it. I remember reading a review that called it "Bryan Singer directing a mass about superman" and yeah that was basically it. Way too self-serious.

(Full disclosure, I never was or ever will be that big a superman fan. But I get the points being raised here)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-14-2011 6:21 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

but then again, spider-man 3 was hardly a flop commercially and just....yeah

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-14-2011 6:32 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
but then again, spider-man 3 was hardly a flop commercially and just....yeah

Sam Raimi: "I don't want to do Venom."
Studios: "Do it Faggot."
Sam Raimi: "Hey man, that's not cool."
Studios: "DO IT Faggot"
Sam Raimi: "Alright, here you go."

08-14-2011 7:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah the reason venom was emo and dancing is because sam raimi was basically just trolling the studio since he was locked in contractually or they drove a dump-truck of cash up to his door or whatever

Quote by Alizarin:

08-15-2011 8:37 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

spider-man 3 is really funny in a batman and robin kind of way, and honestly there was no better way to do venom

venom is the villian non spider-man fans love because he's the most BADASS he eats brains BRAAAAINS motherfucka

brains

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-15-2011 8:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think the brains thing only really came up in that spinoff comic

And I really only remember that happening one time, and even then it seemed like he was kinda just screwing with these two street punks prior to killing them

Quote by Alizarin:

08-15-2011 8:40 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

venom is a terrible character, there's no way around it. just an awful, awful character

cool idea, awesome design but terrible, terrible execution

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-15-2011 8:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and this isnt a case of lol picture books are for kids anyways

anything made for kids that is done well can be enjoyed by adults too

thats a fact

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

08-15-2011 8:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

See I stopped reading them halfway into the "lethal protector" spinoff. Which I thought was okay..I used to have one of those compillations of his origin issue up through when spider-man tricks the symbiote into abandoning eddie and uses that to beat him.

The execution probably did suck, I looked it up on wikipedia and yeah it apparently just got pretty convoluted and now theres an anti-venom where..it's all white and eddie brock has magic cancer powers or I don't even know. And now the symbiote is on that scorpion guy.

Carnage, now there was an idea that was just bad from start to finish. If you look up the phrase "grimdark" it should just be a picture of carnage...that one comic where he was talking to the shrink was fucking Durrrr..., I remember I was a lot younger and still kinda went "...the fuck is this shit?"

Then that clone saga crap happened and I entirely gave up. Also what the hell was spiderman 2099 supposed to be exactly.

tl;dr: Screw it I still like venom.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2011 5:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also I like how this is supposed to be grimdark, but theres still a red cape

Like "No see he's conflicted and isolated by his powers and his role in the world...but he totally still puts on a flowing red cape."

It's as if they realize this looks stupid and want to sort of half-way hitch onto the bandwagon of actual superman while also trying to rip-off christopher nolan. (Wait isn't Nolan like a producer on this..you'd think he'd go "this is dumb don't do this". Or maybe thats not how it works I dunno. I tried to get nine to explain it once but I dont think he did)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2011 5:55 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

maybe he's going to spin man of steel like a kinda-hot chick uses her fat friend to boost her attractiveness

08-23-2011 6:15 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait they're making superman a fat chick?

So the entire movie is gonna be superman at a computer arguing with x and hol about their megaten forum everybody laughs at?

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2011 10:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No the movie is going to be about Supes talking to a gray that only he sees

Conan O'Brien: When all else fails there's always delusion.

08-23-2011 10:49 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Then he leaves the Daily Planet when somebody makes an insult

Quote by Alizarin:

08-24-2011 7:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And he also mopes.
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Agree With Me if you don't want to be wrong