What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Metal Topic
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-28-2011 1:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay I figured we totally needed a metal topic cause all I can find (nowadays) on metal-centric radio is GGGRGADSHH DFUUGKH GOOOORRRR nonsense and lots of screaming.

Either do one band at a time or just post links to songs, doesn't matter. Short synopsis or none, also doesn't matter.

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

09-28-2011 2:20 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Since I'm probably gonna be on the more controversial end here, I will probably go through and point out some of the less well-known things in my collection that you guys can form the judgment for.

For the moment, I'll bring Saxon to the table. They basically follow the same progression and timeline as Judas Priest, but were usually seen as more of a follower behind them, and overall a lot less popular. Their very first stuff in the 70s were very solid albums which nobody looking at present-day metal would consider to be metal whatsoever, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzhmsWwxrM ) but is still pretty damn heavy for the year.

Then with time and evolving recording technology, their sound came through a lot clearer, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuERjZChCpM ) and the "rock" image they presented thenselves with very slowly moved to the back, but is still around in the present day material ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyVd-EFKFEk ) ...And even though the band seems to have basically lost none of its steam, the production levels have gotten so high that it sounds like the audio equivalent of a dog that's been bred too much, and has all these horrible health problems.

Faith No More - Falling to Pieces

09-28-2011 3:28 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

how.. are you on the more controversial end? Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 3:36 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because I like weird shit.

And the band I'm named after has an incredibly generic, "power chords from start to finish" sound. And I listen to a handful of bands that don't take themselves seriousky, and probably do it to troll the ones that do it seriousky, but are still way out of proportion.

09-28-2011 8:26 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like black sabbath

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-28-2011 8:28 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Most of what I like is Power Metal...so..I dunno if that's really applicable here.
09-28-2011 8:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

is power metal dragonforce

Because that always seemed like something guitar hero people invented to try and come up with something that'd be the equivalent of one of those impossible mario levels

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-28-2011 8:55 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like silver.
09-28-2011 9:01 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

tungsten is a pretty cool guy

Quote by Alizarin:

09-28-2011 9:02 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Titanium is pretty easy to carry from the aisle.
09-28-2011 9:51 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Fluttersmoke:
is power metal dragonforce

Because that always seemed like something guitar hero people invented to try and come up with something that'd be the equivalent of one of those impossible mario levels

Dragonforce is to power metal what Metallica is to general metal.

Everyone loves the shit out of it in spite of the fact it's terrible, and therefore it's the only example from the genre that people really hear about.

Dragonforce takes itself to extremes that make it sound like it's making a joke about itself.

09-28-2011 10:05 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

LINKS, GOD DAMN YOU PEOPLE.

LINNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKS

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

09-28-2011 10:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol, Pandora just played the band named Hibria. Power metal. I didn't like it.

09-28-2011 10:44 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll try to put this shortly.

When I first was introduced to Dragonforce, I was presented with this song.

I was like, okay, I can kinda live with this. So I grabbed the album, and found gems like this song. My thoughts were "Okay, this intro is kinda cool. Building up nicely... Wait, has this transitioned into the other song I'd already listened to? I'm confused."

After not much more research into their stuff, I discovered this song. Now that I had realized it was all the same shit with very slightly different lyrics, I had to part ways with them.

And with that, I leave you with this. (TURN YOUR VOLUME DOWN!)

09-28-2011 10:47 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also Dragonforce in 10 seconds

09-28-2011 10:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't mind the lead singer, it's just that the instrumentals are utter shit. Jesus tapdancers in drag, man

And it IS the same song over and over. That's hilarious

09-28-2011 10:58 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The biggest problem with Dragonforce is probably the drums, followed very very shortly by the guitars. The bass can't be judged, because the other two are so fucking smothering all over the sound that it might as well not be there.

Hibria has the opposite problem. Their singer has a very small range of vocals that are pretty kickass, and all the rest of his range is annoying as fuck. Case: HIBRIA - Tiger Punch - Official Video

Vocals suck from start to finish, but the music otherwise eats my face, in the best way. (Also the special effects in this video are hilariously bad.)

09-28-2011 11:01 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

dragonforce has the most generic rhythm playing ever - actually, i'm not much a fan of power metal in general because i don't like the rhythm playing

but as far as controversial goes i listen to death metal so... yeah.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and no i dont think cookie monster vocals are brutal or badass

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That song is a lot better than the one Pandora gave me.

I just...hate "new music sound". Laughing Out Loud

Pages (14): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic