What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (14): « first ... « previous 12 13 [14] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Metal Topic
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-24-2012 6:04 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Five Finger Death Punch - Under And Over It

it's thanks to shit like this being mainstream that everyone still thinks metalheads are retards (because most are)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-24-2012 6:16 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i fucking hate when musicians try to act like tough guys, these guys are probably little pussies who sit at home playing xbox

now you fuck with axl or sebastian bach they jump into the crowd and punch you, but their music wasnt posturing how tough they were

i blame pantera

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-24-2012 6:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
i fucking hate when musicians try to act like tough guys, these guys are probably little pussies who sit at home playing xbox

Also unless you've done as many drugs as keith richards I don't wanna hear about your habit, like it makes you a baller. And spoiler alert, you physically can't because I'm 90% sure he may be the highlander.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-25-2012 1:24 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Goldust:

now you fuck with axl or sebastian bach they jump into the crowd and punch you, but their music wasnt posturing how tough they were

i blame pantera

This reminds me. The first of two times I went to an Ozzfest (big regret, it's like getting a giant bag of candy, but you're allergic to most of it and have to eat it in a giant crowd of sweaty shirtless men in the blistering sun) one of the acts was uh, Superjoint Ritual or something, project of the singer from Pantera. He sang a few shit songs, then started saying like "I WANT A MOSH HERE, I WANT A MOSH HERE, AND I WANT A MOSH HERE, I'M NOT ASKING, I'M TELLING" and when it didn't happen during the next song he threw his mic down and left.

Most enjoyable part of the trip.

Blind Guardian - Sadly Sings Destiny

03-25-2012 1:36 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Was ozzy there at least? I briefly got to see him at that colbert/stewart rally, so at least I can die knowing "yes, I sorta saw ozzy play part of "crazy train" live". Which works, I've dialed back my goals possibly, that was still cool.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-25-2012 1:39 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

phil anselmo (did I spell that right) is an obnoxious little prick and it doesn't surprise me he did that

cowboys from hell was alright, actually i only like cemetary gates, anselmo is a cocksucker who rights inane lyrics that try to make him look like a tough guy

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-12-2012 3:47 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Kay so, I've been listening to the new Iron Savior album. I was skeptical about it, because the previous one had really grating over-production, and the voice in particular sounded really bad. This new one also has a lot of production to it, but I'm not decided yet on whether it's good or it's bad.

The first listen on the first song gave me kind of an odd impression. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvzuLWyBSs The singing on a few lines, the ones with harmonization outside of the chorus, sound different from the way they have before, and I was unsure if I liked it or not.

Before I made any big decisions I listened through the whole thing. Iron Savior - 08 R. U. Ready (The Landing) Here's a good example of a later one. It gives me a much better feeling of going back to how it was before the previous album, but it feels a lot different than the other song I linked, not just because of the pacing.

So I'm not sure what kind of an overall impression I'm getting from it, still.

Any thoughts?

Blind Guardian - Sadly Sings Destiny

Pages (14): « first ... « previous 12 13 [14] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic