What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (14): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Metal Topic
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-28-2011 11:05 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

new music sound is an ongoing war in the music business right now

there's a bunch of artists that hate the way music is compressed these days (axl rose is one of them, there's another name i can't seem to remember right now.. )

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:08 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's just so fucking weird, it sounds so artificial and (literally, this happens) I cringe when I hear it. It just gives me bad vibes, I hate it just as much as I hate autotune.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

09-28-2011 11:10 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Stratovarius - Eagleheart

why i don't really dig power metal (stratovarius is ok, i actually like some of their songs but this one.. just ya)

alot of what i've heard sounds so Gay and cheesy like this song. seriousky fuck off

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:10 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

compressed?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-28-2011 11:19 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
Stratovarius - Eagleheart

why i don't really dig power metal (stratovarius is ok, i actually like some of their songs but this one.. just ya)

alot of what i've heard sounds so Gay and cheesy like this song. seriousky fuck off

lmao this is like...some high-pitched 80s pop singer attempting metal

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

09-28-2011 11:22 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sonata Arctica - Flag In The Ground

i don't like these guys either, i have friends who do (lol women) but yeah.. plus he sounds nasally

i would like to like power metal because it's more inspired by stuff like priest and maiden but priest and maiden is better Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:23 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm gonna cover the elephant in the room while we're covering a bunch of power stuff.

This band comes with a backstory. And this is basically everything you need to know.

Iron Savior. A band focused around... the Iron Savior, a giant robot that was created in Atlantis, which was actually an alien spacecraft marooned on earth long ago that was eventually sunken, because the aliens that forced Atlantis to crash land in the ocean came back to sink it.

Present day, the robot is completed and activated by the inhabitants of the spacecraft that is now on the sea floor. It is created to protect earth, because earth has unknown precious substances which the "bad guy" aliens want. The Iron Savior malfunctions, and instead works to enslave all humans, but stil also attacks the marauding aliens.

Most of their music hinges around the battles of humans trying to free themselves, and also survive the alien invasion.

I don't really think there is any established storyline throughout their songs, it's just like, random bad/good things that happen to random people.

I mostly enjoy them for the imagery, the consistently good riffs, and the guy's voice.

Saxon - Crusader

09-28-2011 11:23 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Did Necro post Eagleheart?

Yeah, he did.

Song is a poster child for doing it wrong. But then they have a lot of songs like that, so...

Saxon - Crusader

09-28-2011 11:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
Sonata Arctica - Flag In The Ground

i don't like these guys either, i have friends who do (lol women) but yeah.. plus he sounds nasally

i would like to like power metal because it's more inspired by stuff like priest and maiden but priest and maiden is better Laughing Out Loud

...OH GOD THE SINGING Laughing Out Loud It's almost like...cheesy singing you'd see dubbed over on tv shows

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

09-28-2011 11:26 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ilike how iron knew which song i posted before he clicked the link, but eagleheart is probably the Gayest possible metal song i've ever heard so it's not surprising Laughing Out Loud

Death - Empty Words

death, which was an early death metal band.. doesn't sound so death metal though because the growl isn't present, though you're still best listening to the guitars and NOT the vocals cuz just .. yeah

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:28 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also, Stratovarius = Europe

Proof: Stratovarius Galaxies

Saxon - Crusader

09-28-2011 11:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Iron Savior:
Iron Savior.

Goofiest premise for a band ever (or maybe not) but I like it. I can actually listen to this

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

09-28-2011 11:32 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Their album Megatropolis, and anything that might come out after it, are so over-produced I have to warn you to keep away from them.

Saxon - Crusader

09-28-2011 11:33 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

first time i have listened to iron saviour, but they aren't plagued by the problems i have with alot of power metal

i consider halford, dickinson, and dio to be the template for power metal singers, kinda, except those three had balls.. and alot of power metal singers sound wimpy

this guy has some balls though

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:35 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_hjgbJnh0

man james labrie kicked ass on his first two albums

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:40 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Images and Words is the best album.

Like, in general.

Saxon - Crusader

09-28-2011 11:42 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

images and words is so different though, but yes, it is a great album

i felt something from awake was more appropriate because it's more "metal"

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u_hjgbJnh0

man james labrie kicked ass on his first two albums

What happened to the others

This is a good song

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

09-28-2011 11:45 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

he injured his voice from food poisoning.. vocal chords got ruptured from throwing up or something and his voice was never the same

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

09-28-2011 11:47 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh my god that sounds like horror Frown

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

Pages (14): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » The Metal Topic