What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Modern Art; or Art As We Now Know It» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Modern Art; or Art As We Now Know It
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-07-2011 8:39 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:

I hate philosophy.

don't hate the plato, hate the game

12-07-2011 8:56 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:
Ugh, I know this so well.

There's an SURPRISE, COCKFAGS!n philosopher named Peter Singer who states that using animals for food is unjust because they can feel pain, and pain/death is contrary to their preferences. When this was brought up, I then asked "Well, what about plants? Can't they feel pain? Doesn't this logic mean we can't eat plants either?"

This was handwaved away by the professor with a "No".

I hate philosophy.

Probably a fucking vegan.

Next time this happens, just say "mimosa pudica". Without an explanation. Mimosa pudica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back" always sounded a little girly to me.

12-08-2011 1:17 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If pain/death is not contrary to the preferences of a plant, plants would not live, they would not attempt to sprout, grow, have their roots reach out and have specific, unique ways of having its roots reach as many nearby nutrients as possible, have their leaves and flowers strive to face the sun (if you have a plant in a window and its leaves face toward the window, then you turn the plant away from the window, in not much time they will turn back around and face the window again,) and they would not use all the different methods they employ to spread their seeds.

In short, arguments that plants don't feel pain or don't have the will to live are bullshit.

Anthrax - S.S.C./Stand or Fall

12-08-2011 1:40 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
pain/death is contrary to their preferences.

pain/death are "contrary" to everythings "preferences", this really doesn't mean you abstain from all nutrients and exist in an airtight biohazard suit so no errant microbes will die because sorry thats how nature works

Hey how about the medical research you periodically hear them trying to block, that seems contrary to the "preferences" of someone dying of an illness they otherwise might not have to (oh wait, I forgot this is all just based on fanatical and childish misanthropy and a double standard about how "enlightened" you are while the rest of society/the species is evil and doesn't get it)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-08-2011 12:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This whole debate also started on SA cause of the horse meat ban (they lifted it this year)

Like I said on SA, I can eat horse. I could even eat dog, but wouldn't prefer to since dogs are carnivores and taste like what they eat. But I couldn't knowingly eat a cat, no way.

I can eat pretty much anything else though. I want to try toasted crickets.

If we can eat relatively intelligent animals like pigs, we can eat horse too.

12-08-2011 12:08 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ramsay doesn't seem to have an issue with horse meat so its him versus goons and uhhh

Yeah you can probably guess which side I'm deciding I'm on

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-08-2011 12:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's like how people keep protesting horse carts in NYC.

Nevermind that the horses are extremely well taken care of, respected, and everyone oohs and aahs over them (and pets them). There's also regulations for how long a horse can work.

Okay, lets say they ban horse carts. Where are these now not profitable horses going to go? Either to a slaughterhouse, or glue factory. People are so fucking stupid.

12-08-2011 12:29 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As long as they aren't being fed beeferoni it's fine

Also I'm not an expert on horses but it seems like the sort they'd be using are, by now, basically predisposed to existing in that sort of role. Like they're probably a far cry from feral/wild/whatever horses due to god knows how long of conditioning and breeding.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-08-2011 12:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually they're probably just "mutt" horses because the only ones that are bred with all these psychotic conditions are racehorses/thoroughbreds, and show horses like Andalusians

Work horses are just farm horses really

12-08-2011 11:04 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Paul Allen:
I want to try toasted crickets.

they've got a bit of a neat crunch

12-09-2011 12:09 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Do they taste a little shrimp-like? I heard they sorta taste like shrimp, so I'm like "aw hell yeah land shrimp"

12-09-2011 12:13 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Paul Allen:
Do they taste a little shrimp-like? I heard they sorta taste like shrimp, so I'm like "aw hell yeah land shrimp"

I can't really remember anything about the flavor beyond dousing them in hot sauce.

12-09-2011 7:30 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That DOES sound good, actually.
12-09-2011 11:33 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or it implies he had to drown them in a condiment to make them palatable

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2011 5:29 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If they taste like Shrimp, that'd be awesome. I developed a food allergy to shrimp and I loved shrimp.
12-09-2011 5:39 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...You can DEVELOP food allergies?

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2011 9:00 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Apparently so, one day I was eating shrimp and suddenly I had hives up to my eyeballs. It was the creepiest fucking thing ever, that was so bad I'm scared to try it again.
12-09-2011 10:28 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

..Well thats frightening. Suddenly developing allergies with foods you used to love.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2011 10:57 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I used to devour shrimp like mad, it was my favorite seafood.

Then having a super bad case of hives makes me unwilling to ever try them again.
12-10-2011 12:34 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It could be a psychological effect.

It is possible that what happened was something was in it, and now you are afraid. Have you eaten shrimp since?
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Modern Art; or Art As We Now Know It