What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Steamed Games» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (37): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Steamed Games
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-19-2011 1:52 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

and again, I suffer the ignominy of suffering through a Christmas break without my gaming rig.

12-19-2011 2:16 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Cartilage head:
on the KF servers

Kings Field, or Kentucky Fried

Quote:
the one person who did accidentally tk me

Talk Kooshballs

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

12-19-2011 5:14 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Awesome its like captchas

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-19-2011 11:06 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I eventually did just have to look up a video for taking out sentries with Demoman, because I don't know what the fuck. It did give me some useful pointers, although it still offered no tactics for when sentries are directly above you, as is so often the case with 2Fort. Once you walk out into the open, you're torn to shreds by the automated gun above you, and I can't think of any counter beyond just using an ubercharge and blasting it while invulnerable, which is not a reliable strategy.

(Did I mention I hate sentries? Fuck those things. They're the most broken part of the game.)
12-20-2011 1:22 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Spayh's a sappan' mah sentry.

Getting sentries on the upper walkways on 2fort is either a matter of a coordinated charge or sticky-jumping your way across the roof of the bridge to come up behind them. Survival is not guaranteed.

Also, good god everything is cheap as shit on both GOG and Steam.

12-20-2011 1:40 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Survival is not guaranteed.

D's only done this once before.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-20-2011 10:31 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
sticky-jumping your way across the roof of the bridge to come up behind them.

Had not considered this. INTERESTING.

And I got gyp'd and all I got from Valve's gift giveaway thing is a coupon for 50% off a Valve game (you mean those games that usually go down to $5 if you wait long enough anyway?) and a lump of coal. The only reconciliation I get from this is that now I'm justified in grumbling, "I got a rock."
12-20-2011 11:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the coal is probably some kind of hat in tf2

Quote by Alizarin:

12-20-2011 11:20 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Now I want to see this.
12-21-2011 8:48 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OH GOD NOT ANOTHER HAT
12-21-2011 9:53 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm glad Benny got my Quake rocket launcher as a random drop instead of buying it.

(Seriousky, even though other RL's might be faster or stronger, using the Quake one just feels right. I see that gun model dead-center at the bottom of the screen and my brain is like, "Yes, this is correct.")
12-21-2011 9:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Is that a soldier drop (I think its still a drop)

It even shows up as in the center?

The sniper has some railgun now that I think is from DX3, or it looks..cyberpunkish I suppose

Quote by Alizarin:

12-21-2011 9:57 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes, Benny got it as a random drop and I assume that still occurs, and it's for the Soldier. And yes, it orients itself at the bottom-center of the screen just like the original Quake RL and has the same firing sound effect. It's totally sweet. Doomguy
12-21-2011 9:59 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've seen people holding one which I guess vaguely resembles the Q1 launcher

Or the 3d model of a q1 launcher from a third person perspective shooting you.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-21-2011 10:08 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's a beige sort of color with some dark, gray parts at the back. Makes a distinctive sound. Beautiful thing.

I wish you could get all the Q1 guns. Although, sadly, the nailgun and thunderbolt don't really fit anywhere in TF2.
12-21-2011 10:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The syringe-gun you get as a medic seems like it could be what a nailgun replaces.

I checked because I think I've only played scout, he doesn't have the nailgun now but apparently was supposed to.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-21-2011 10:36 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The syringe gun. Of course! NAILGUN PLZ, VALVE, K THX.

And the Scout just has pistols and double-barreled shotguns now, I think.

(Is Scout even good for anything? Whenever I get my ass kicked in TF2 I never think, "Dammit, that Scout on the other team screwed us again!" Scouts don't seem to do very much.)
12-21-2011 10:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Trying to shoot one as a medic is annoying as hell is all I know. I've seen ones get kills with the bat though

Quote:
OH GOD NOT ANOTHER HAT

They practically have a hat-based economy thing going on its...weird (I guess this is how they made it free though.)

Quote by Alizarin:

12-22-2011 12:55 AMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
The syringe gun. Of course! NAILGUN PLZ, VALVE, K THX.

And the Scout just has pistols and double-barreled shotguns now, I think.

(Is Scout even good for anything? Whenever I get my ass kicked in TF2 I never think, "Dammit, that Scout on the other team screwed us again!" Scouts don't seem to do very much.)

Moose, assuming the state of the game hasn't gone full 180 in the few months since I've played, what backward ass servers do you play on where sentries last longer than 5 seconds and scouts suck?

12-22-2011 1:07 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought the weapons were just skins?
Pages (37): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Steamed Games