What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Steamed Games» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (37): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Steamed Games
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-22-2011 1:55 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Stuff like the launcher moose is describing has different stats

Quote:
and again, I suffer the ignominy of suffering through a Christmas break without my gaming rig.

I wish I had a full on gaming rig and not just laptops because all the Stalker games are on sale and it's still funny to me somebody would go "we should make a video game out of a Tarkovsky movie where
Spoiler (click to show/hide):
)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-22-2011 11:59 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

STALKER isn't too heavy. Just get a nice laptop with a recent i5 and an actual graphics chip and you should do well.
12-22-2011 10:29 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
Moose, assuming the state of the game hasn't gone full 180 in the few months since I've played, what backward ass servers do you play on where sentries last longer than 5 seconds and scouts suck?

Uh...all of them?

Seriousky, I've had several games where sentries stopped the assaulting team absolutely cold, and I pretty much never see Scouts. The only one I recall seeing in this massive 45-minute 2Fort CTF match I played the other night quickly got blown to pieces with rockets and I never saw him again.
12-23-2011 12:42 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, I figured out why it took anything forever to download on Steam. My download speed was somehow set by default as 56k.

I had no idea you needed to change it. So I nabbed counter strike.

I've never honestly played this game ever, so it should be..something.
12-23-2011 3:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Diglett:
I've never honestly played this game ever, so it should be..something.

I haven't played it in a while so who knows if some meme overtook it

All I'll say is don't get confused, there are indeed other maps than de_dust2 even though it isn't gonna seem that way.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2011 6:18 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the only CS meme that ever took hold in force was Gungame, dear god.

12-23-2011 8:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dont have that much of a problem with it

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2011 11:17 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gungame sounded neat, though reverse gungame--the one where you get worse guns for each kill--sounded totally baller.

Although, from all the descriptions I've read, Counterstrike just sounds inherently awful and extremely irritating.
12-23-2011 11:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't say it's either, it has...I go through huuuge spans where I forget its even installed but then I am kinda sick of it to some extent since I've been playing it since when it was in betas on hl1.

After a while it becomes painfully apparent people have memorized it to this insane degree and pretty much do the same things over and over again (also half the servers seem to only run that one map) so its kinda like...what the hell. So I'll play it for a week, get sick of only seeing office or dust and then go do...I don't know, anything else imaginable. Drink, come up with the idea for an app nobody would buy, slog through something productive rarely..stare at a t.v., anything because it's just like a damn math problem after a while.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-23-2011 11:57 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I pretty much only play Dustbowl and 2Fort in TF2, yes. It's partly because I don't know which maps are the official ones and I hate when I enter a server and it starts downloading this big-ass custom map I'll never play again, so I stick with those two I know are "real."
12-24-2011 5:21 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Those seem to be the most common ones..I forget the names of the other ones, like where you're pushing a bomb or captuiring points.

Usually the custom maps have some odd name or abbreviation in the name

Quote by Alizarin:

12-24-2011 11:06 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I did try Barnblitz--a payload map--the other night, and was kicking an alarming amount of ass on defense. Me (as a Heavy) with a Medic at my side almost completely shut out the opposing team. I actually ran out the clock, but then it went into overtime and I was out of ammo, and they managed to push through. But that was awesome.

Then I went in as Demoman, who I basically never play. I will play as him more often. I basically never get dominations and was actually getting several of them in that map as Demo. Many bitches were made with those stickybombs. That was awesome, too.
12-25-2011 1:31 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Surprised you're having fun with it Moose. you used to HAAATE it.
12-25-2011 1:32 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Company of Heroes was 9 bucks on steam..so..that happened pretty fast.
12-25-2011 1:42 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:
Surprised you're having fun with it Moose. you used to HAAATE it.

I did, I did. That was partly from it being one of my first online MP games (embarrassing myself in front of groups of gamers. Hurrah) and partly because it was so popular and nobody would SHUT UP about it. But then I learned it was like a direct "cousin" to Quake and everything was better. Pleased

(Yes, I am that shallow when it comes to Id-related products. I've played several games before merely due to John Carmack having coded part of the engine.)

I also admit that the random drop items got me more into the game, since it was comforting to know that no matter how bad you might suck in a match, you still have a chance of getting some items, which made it worthwhile. (And, funny enough, knowing I didn't have to play to win, just to get items, helped me relax and play better.)
12-25-2011 1:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is there anything you CAN'T get from random drop?
12-25-2011 4:44 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What pisses me off is I'd like to play spy...but by this point everybody has memorized it

In TFC you could at least run in there, and kill something before dying.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-25-2011 11:50 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Exactly. There's no point to playing with people who have memorized the optimum strategies from years of play.

Even when i was at my best in Jedi Academy, I made it a point to not memorize anything.
12-25-2011 5:15 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

How do you not memorize something after years of playing it?
12-25-2011 5:19 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He has mastered the ancient technique of willful ignorance, handed down by accident through the ages as part of an Illuminati conspiracy to foster incompetence in colonial populations.

Pages (37): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Steamed Games