What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » James Hetfield is also a douchebag (Metallica thread)» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page James Hetfield is also a douchebag (Metallica thread)
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-24-2011 1:33 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metallica makes fun of Layne Staley and gets owned!

Really, Jim. Really.

I like how a fan threw his shoes at him.

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

12-24-2011 8:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
WHOA WHOA WHOA

didn't they rag on axl for him taking shit too seriousky on stage and walking off/threatening to and look what james does here?

Exactly, what a douchebag Jim is

Sharp: If a man beating a baby seal to death with a club while an interacial orgy occurred behind him tested well with the focus groups they'd use it to sell pledge.

12-24-2011 9:59 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Holy shit that dude is awesome Laughing Out Loud

12-27-2011 12:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Buy those 5 dollar canvas shoes (or get thrift store shoes) and just let fly

That'd be hilarious

12-27-2011 6:04 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing My Ass Off

12-29-2011 2:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Death Magnetic?

12-29-2011 5:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
If the Red Hot Chili Peppers acoustically covered the 12 worst Primus songs for Starbucks, it would still be (slightly) better than this.

Laughing My Ass Off

Quote:
Lars Ulrich also noted the negative reaction to Lulu, and stated that he wasn't surprised by the criticism due in part because, "In 1984, when hard-core Metallica fans heard acoustic guitars on "Fade to Black", there was a nuclear meltdown in the heavy-metal community," and also noted that Reed's poetry is "not for everyone." Talking about the negative reactions, James Hetfield expressed understanding of "fearful people", who are "typing from their mom’s basement that they still live in", stating that the band needed "to spread our wings" and try something new, while Lou Reed stated that Lulu is for "literate people".

Yeah okay guys. Yet again you can't take any speck of criticism. Nice shitty response there Jim, the 'moms basement' retort went out in 2003.

12-29-2011 5:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lou Reed is kinda like Bob Dylan. That boring, talking through music shit.

12-29-2011 11:34 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
He's like song MSG.

Adding him to a song gives you a headache?

12-30-2011 2:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Toxicroak:
i wonder if mustaine cursed metallica or something and thats why they keep making bad decisions like lulu and st anger

That would be pretty cool, and I wouldn't put it past him

01-13-2012 8:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I miss Metallica. Or at least, how they used to sound.

I went out of my way to delete Thing that Should Not Be off my Sansa yesterday though god I hate that song Laughing Out Loud

01-13-2012 8:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think they had some before that one, yes

After that Cliff died so all instrumentals, whoosh

01-13-2012 9:16 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metallica killed themselves for me. Frown

01-13-2012 9:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's enough to kill nearly anyone's like for Metallica

That or the Lou Reed thing

01-13-2012 9:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
I remember just how ripped off i felt when i bought this, a double album no less, and realized the depth of contempt Reed had for the "common folk" that supported his skag habit. He never got another dollar out of me, the pompous wanker. His new album with Metallica is a complete joke, too. Just another no talent ego-dipped NYC fuckwad

lollllllllllllll

This joker sounds like Pollack

02-13-2012 11:01 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's just so slow and goes nowhere

Also hahahahahahaha heavier black album. That's sort of what Death Magnetic was

06-01-2012 5:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just love the guitar/bass during the chorus of Master of Puppets

The "laughter, laughter, all I hear or see is laughter" part

They sound so sinister

06-18-2012 1:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Metallica: 'Arctic Monkeys Are Heavy Metal' | Music News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

Quote:
Lars Ulrich has defended the indie lineup for Metallica's forthcoming Orion festival, and insists the Arctic Monkeys are more than just another British indie band. So why doesn't he sound as excited by Orion as he does about the forthcoming 3D Metallica film?

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Ulrich talks up the festival and recognises that music fans wouldn't normally expect a band like Metallica to put on indie artists:

"Because we're doing it, it gets branded as a particular thing. We have to work harder," he said. "If Radiohead does it, it's cool. If we do it, it's not. I'm stunned that people are stunned by us doing these things. It's our DNA."

Ulrich defended choosing indie bands like the Arctic Monkeys for Orion:

"For me, having the Arctic Monkeys on there is big. I think they're a heavy-metal band disguised as an indie band. If you listen to a song like 'Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...', there's almost a Rush element in there."

As for the movie, Ulrich explains how the idea was born:

"This has been circling for two years. It's time to life-size it, get it out of our minds and on the screen. And if it's done right, it can be sensational.

"You're not watching Metallica onstage. You're onstage with Metallica. In IMAX, James Hetfield is 38 feet tall, snotting on you, spitting on you. It's 2,000 decibels. If there is an earthquake outside, you wouldn't notice."

But Lars says a non-stop live show could become unbearable for 100 minutes, so they found a way to keep the audiences emotionally engaged throughout. "There is another element in there – intimate, small, a story that takes place over the same trajectory as the concert," he says.

06-18-2012 1:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like how he whines that Radiohead can do it but they can't.

BECAUSE RADIOHEAD IS ALTERNATIVE YOU DUMB FUCK

It's insulting to Rush that he said these guys were like them, man. They don't sound like metal or Rush at all.

"almost a Rush element" hmmmmmmnope, not even almost

06-18-2012 2:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Dear Lars,

Shoulda stuck with Thunderfuck

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » James Hetfield is also a douchebag (Metallica thread)