What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Wakfu» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Wakfu
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-09-2012 11:13 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately, 90% of the stats in this game are useless.

Only three matter: Health Points, Movement Points, Action Points.

To give an example of how bad it is, consider the stat Perception.

The more of it you have, the better your chances of detecting invisibility.

Only the player class "Sram's Shadow" can go invisible.

So basically, the stat will only matter if you PvP, but if you raise it you gimp yourself against everything else.

There are stats that raise a specific element's damage, but enemies have elemental resistance, so you at least want dual element. Problem is, the stats in question have a miniscule effect.

Much of the customization comes down to what you really want to specialize in, and how much.

Also, I am wearing armor made of sheep.
01-09-2012 11:35 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh so its the opposite of fallout where perception basically turned you into a killing machine

(if you played it like I did anyway)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-09-2012 8:08 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, it makes you invisible, so...
01-10-2012 3:40 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd say Lock and Dodge are important for the right classes as well. Cra's Range being the simplest example, since if in melee they have a very limited moveset (IIRC even their elementary pushback move requires at least 2 range. Disengage will get them away, but it's not definite, and it also takes much of their AP) so if they want to fight with any effectiveness against enemies that can catch up to them, they have to risk getting locked and totally wasting their turn. They aren't the only ones with this problem, but they are the ones with the least ability to deal with it and also get to act.

Sram has a big problem with dodge regarding a few of its skills too, since they have a lot of things that require being beside or behind the enemy to have any effectiveness (they can force turn their enemies away, but this requires an action and can work at most 40% of the time, so it's not viable for all situations.)

Osamoda can make a good use out of different stats, since some of its skills transfer a portion of the user's this or that stat onto any summoned minions it hits (they're also handy AoE damage too.) Through this, you can boost, for example, a minion's Lock, so that when the enemy decides (as it does when a player is in its move range) to go after you instead of the minion, you can force them to waste their turns.

Battlelore - Mark of the Bear

01-10-2012 3:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I found that I like frostbite

And then aging is cool because it only costs 1 ap, which I think is the absolute lowest cost for any spell (or at least the ones I've unlocked)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 5:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
Sram has a big problem with dodge regarding a few of its skills too, since they have a lot of things that require being beside or behind the enemy to have any effectiveness (they can force turn their enemies away, but this requires an action and can work at most 40% of the time, so it's not viable for all situations.)

Fourbear (warps behind a guy within I think..4 or 5 tiles? from you)
Execution (fire)
And actually the way I've been playing, my actual character does jack shit and my Double does it all. And I set up the Double in the middle of a group, X blows it up, 40-something damage to whatever gets hit in the cross formation around the double.

I only die when I press the wrong buttons, or when I go up against something with too much strength.

X: One of my favorite things is the bubonic plague.

01-10-2012 6:00 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So you have a clone of yourself that goes off like a Bomberman explosive? Cool.
01-10-2012 6:07 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aw hell yeah. Shoewesome

If an enemy is dumb enough to hit it (hint: most of them are) it'll blow like a Bomberman bomb. Wakfu is grid so...oddly it does have sort of a Bomberman layout

They shoulda made a dude that lays mines and bombs and shit

01-10-2012 6:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I haven't used the spell that makes clones because, if I'm not completely misconstruing the description, if it gets hit it can like..take health away from you.

So it really just doesn't seem that great, or theres other spells that seem way better

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 7:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

For you

Quote:
Support Skills: The Xelor’s most important skills, Rollback and Devotion (Ignore what the tooltip says, this is stackable) make the Xelor class one of the most useful classes in groups, effectively doubling the number of players in the group with good positioning. Master of Time, Temporal Armor, and Mummification are the skills you want to level, but only after maxing the first 2 skills. Avoid Temporal Images, as they don't do anything, last one turn, and each one reflects damage back at you, an easy way to get AOEfucked by other classes. Timekeeper and Xelor's Dial should only be leveled if you’ve maxed all the other useful skills, or you absolutely cant find anyone to group with.

Fire: The longest range skills, their skills reduce initiative, which is used to determine who goes soonest, and how fast the bonus gauge fills up. Currently the best damage available to Xelors.

Water: Shortest range, they specialize in reducing the enemies ability points, and buffing their allies (although not as much as a hard Rollback/Devotion Xelor).

Air: Not intended to be a main element at all, their first two skills exist to support the other 2 branches, while the last 3 exist to reposition you.

Generally though, you will be spamming devotion instead of actually using your elements.

01-10-2012 8:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Awesome, it turns out I was right

Temporal images, thats the one I meant..I knew that seemed crappy

Mummification I haven't been using though, I wasn't sure if it was any good but apparently it is and I shoulda went with my gut instinct about it

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 8:40 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Once they implement Rogue, that one will be all about guns and bombs.

I am all over that shit.

01-10-2012 8:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Shit you're telling me there's somehow MORE classes?

But this game has like 90 already

(ironically Chris and I are playing as the "best" ones)

01-10-2012 8:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
Once they implement Rogue, that one will be all about guns and bombs.

I am all over that shit.

..Do what now?

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 8:58 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's three classes (you can see them on the site) that are not yet implemented live. A rogue type that uses bombs and guns, a gambler warrior that throws cards and has a lot of risk involved in their skills, and "Masqueraider" which is apparently some kind of insane warrior.

01-10-2012 9:06 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As I've said before, I picked xelor accidentally cause when I was scrolling through the options it looked cool.

Theres a bunch of classes yeah.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 9:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You don't have to stay Xelor, you know.

It's gonna get deleted in a month. Have fun with it, for gods sake.

01-10-2012 9:22 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I know that

Also the problem is if we keep playing it I won't really be able to shortly..so..I'm mainly just doing it for fun while I'm able, since everybody likes it

Quote by Alizarin:

01-10-2012 9:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ohhh I see your point.

Might as well stay Xelor then. It seems to be a fun class anyway

01-10-2012 11:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Rollback is excellent.

The thing is, Mummification only applies if someone dies. Why would you level something that will likely almost never happen? Plus it steals from the same power pool as Devotion. Ignore that guide.

Master of Time is somewhat interesting, except that Xelor's Dial already increases the chance of removing AP and does it faster while improving damage and mobility. That person is an idiot.

Devotion is nice, the issue is that it only powers up at all on the final level. They may also have fixed the "this thing cannot be spammed" property. Looking at the wiki, it implies that your turn ends the second you use it. Can it be spammed to give your allies insane AP? If not, Devotion is pointless to level.

I think that guide was for old Xelor. He used to be much different. For new Xelor, it's Dial + Rollback.
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Wakfu