What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Lovecraft Transformers» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lovecraft Transformers
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-13-2012 12:06 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cthulhu Transformers = Something We'd Never Thought We'd See

I DON'T UNDERSTAND, PLEASE TELL ME MORE

02-13-2012 12:12 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In the michael bay adaptation shub-niggurath is a wacky sidekick character and shia lebouff yells "NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO" at a fish person for twenty straight minutes while an explosion somehow catches fire and suffers a second explosion.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-13-2012 12:24 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm so glad I never saw those movies

If I knew where a comic store was, I'd totally consider maybe buying this.

02-13-2012 8:31 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

haha these are so fucking "what"

Quote by X:
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP; ERGO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: YOU ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT.

02-14-2012 12:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

To tell the truth I thought this sort of thing had been done already. Seemed like obvious nerd cash-in bait.
02-14-2012 12:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cthulhu, robots, dinosaurs, all nerd cash in bait

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

02-14-2012 7:04 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just needs some zombies.
02-14-2012 7:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Or a box with a heart on it

(I have no idea what everybody on the internet moved onto...probably the kneecapping thing. Whatever I'm not in these loops.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

02-14-2012 7:18 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Glory:
Cthulhu, robots, dinosaurs, all nerd cash in bait

i hate how nerds "love" the above mentioned things, except no they don't, they just like the "concept" or whatever the fuck.

cthulhu's a great example. People are all for a space alien with an octopus head who'll wake up one day and do...something, but it's just a case of "oh look he's so cool look his head is an octopus he lives in the sea oh look a plushie!" and I'm thinking, like, "why are you even latching onto this? Did you even like the story? Did you read it? You all are just agreeing something is awesome without bothering with fucking context. It's a fucking circlejerk.

As shitty as video game memes are, at least there's a better chance there's actual context to work with or something.

Quote by X:

02-14-2012 7:54 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is cthulhu actually ever described in any of these, because my understanding was....well what with the whole "looking at it, or possibly even thinking too hard about looking at it can drive you irrevocably insane" they weren't big on clear, detailed explanations.

I mean I haven't read a ton of them so..I could be wrong. I don't know where the whole squid-head thing exactly originates from or why theres etsy plushies of it (also is etsy cthulhu stuff, which I think is a thing, like..what happens when you cross-breed an artkid and a nerd. Like how they create dog breeds, except instead of trying to foster specific traits its just universally repellent.)

Quote by Alizarin:

02-14-2012 8:02 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yeah he was described in call of cthulhu. probably one of the few that has a description

Quote by X:

02-14-2012 8:10 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, I didn't read that one..usually it just seems like theres kind of a vague description of something (like the one where..theres something in some pit or whatever and then eventually the guy realizes "oh wait, no this is just like its elbow I ran into and its god knows how big". Or something)

Quote:
Just needs some zombies.

This is a really good example of what aliz was saying with the concept thing, particularly when you notice they all seem to adore walking dead.

I have never heard a good reason why people like that show aside from it was collectively decided it was supposed to be a thing among nerds. And then even they bitch about it but immediately turn it on whenever it airs.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-14-2012 8:36 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I used to be like that with Castlevania, bitching about every new game but then buying the next one without fail. Then I was like, "Wait, this is Durrrr...," and I stopped. If only zombie fans would try this.
02-14-2012 8:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They started watching walking dead or whatever probably because it's a meme and the "hip" thing now among nerdy types since thats a whole..thing....I don't have any damn idea.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-14-2012 9:05 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's because nerds are like braindead zombies when it comes to them all flocking together to watch braindead zombies.
02-14-2012 10:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I personally think Cthulhu is overrated. Some fans seriousky defend him as if he is an actual religious figure.
02-14-2012 10:48 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Cthulhu is a meme is the worst meme.

02-14-2012 10:49 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

milhouse is not a meme

Quote by Alizarin:

02-15-2012 3:31 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have love all the Lovecraft stuff I've read, which is probably like 10 stories or so, but it does seem like a good chunk read a wiki article and think they're experts. I guess that's with everything online though.

Man zombies need to die though (hurr), I got bored of them like 2 years ago when this craze started going full swing.

02-15-2012 3:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never really saw the appeal of zombies anyway. They're just fodder in games.

Aliz: yeah we were told that this keiko business would all work out but then the economy crashed and we're left with these useless asians.

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Lovecraft Transformers