What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Lovecraft Transformers» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lovecraft Transformers
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-15-2012 4:35 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Guo Huai:
I have love all the Lovecraft stuff I've read, which is probably like 10 stories or so, but it does seem like a good chunk read a wiki article and think they're experts. I guess that's with everything online though.

Man zombies need to die though (hurr), I got bored of them like 2 years ago when this craze started going full swing.

I keep wanting to get that book by the dude who wrote "a colder war"

Theres this other series thats like..vaguely lovecraftian. Then again pretty much while he was even alive people were just pulling ideas from him left and right (or maybe right after he died, isn't most of the stuff pseudo-public domain or theres a question over who legally owns the rights anyway) so none of this is particularly new.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-15-2012 7:25 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Plus there is ACTUAL Cthulhu mythos/canon stuff and then all the stuff INSPIRED by that uses the gods or aspects of it. It hurts my brain so I just stick with Lovecraft himself.

02-15-2012 7:53 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought the cthulhu mythos thing was usually the other writers, then he got pissed and made it so the outer ones were explicitly just really advanced space beings...or..old ones..I know theres two.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

02-15-2012 7:56 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm not 100% sure either. It's been a while since I went deep into Lovecraft.

02-16-2012 9:14 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Supposedly a lot of Lovecraft's stuff is a massive allegory for him supporting racism and notions of the goodness of blood purity or whatever.

The Shadow over Innsmouth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one in particular.
02-16-2012 12:29 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The innsmouth-look thing was basically turn of the century ish societal norms regarding racial mixing yeah

Lovecraft was a strange dude from a different time, though apparently his wife was Jewish and he had no issue with this.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-16-2012 12:45 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lovecraft actually would make jew remarks and his wife would pretty much have to point out "hey, i'm a jew too" and make him apologize.

anyway lovecraft's racial purity bullshit stuff stemmed from the whole "immigrants taking our jobs" thing that people have always freaked out over. He actually quit acting like that near the end of his life.

Quote by Isao:
I only weigh like 275 now.

02-16-2012 2:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by saboteur seductress assassin lalala:
anyway lovecraft's racial purity bullshit stuff stemmed from the whole "immigrants taking our jobs" thing that people have always freaked out over.

X's post has been nulled

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

02-16-2012 4:05 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't he also afraid of, say, interracial couples? Hence the half-breed fishmen being an object of horror?
02-16-2012 4:23 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yes he was so afraid of them he contributed to the problem personally.

anyway, he was afraid of them in the sense that he thought they would contribute to the problems that immigrants supposedly caused.

ironically enough, him moving to new york and witnessing how fucked up everything wasn't was probably the reason he toned down the bullshit in his later stories.

but funny enough, he hated new york so whatevs

Quote by Isao:

02-16-2012 4:26 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Double standard for virgins I guess!
02-16-2012 4:49 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
Wasn't he also afraid of, say, interracial couples? Hence the half-breed fishmen being an object of horror?

Thats what I just said yeah

Quote by Alizarin:

02-21-2012 7:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He also hated dogs.
02-22-2012 5:50 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
He also hated dogs.

I knew I liked him.

02-23-2012 2:51 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What's wrong with dogs?
02-24-2012 5:14 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dislike almost all land animals. They also dislike me so it works out.

02-24-2012 6:06 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I had calamari once that was pretty good.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-24-2012 6:53 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
I had calamari once that was pretty good.

Scared

02-24-2012 7:03 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

calamari is so good.

Quote by Isao:

02-24-2012 7:11 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The kind I had was like, fried I'm pretty sure (only had it once waan)...still counts

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Coffee Table Book - Writings  » Lovecraft Transformers