What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-30-2012 4:55 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, reading the Enter Night biography thing, and well...Lars stole the name Metallica (of course) from a list that Ron McGovney had for possible titles of his new metal magazine.

What was Lars going to name Metallica before he stole the name from McGovney?

Go on, guess.

Thunderfuck.

Necro: sex is an intoxicant for the mediocre

03-30-2012 5:33 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

not surprising, metallicathunderfuck are a bunch of theives, down from their name to 40% of kill 'em all and parts of ride the lightning, neverminding the fact that hammett stole riffs from satriani's exercises and there's rumours he stole stuff from his previous band, exodus too

they made it to the top by being dirty fuckin' theives

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-30-2012 8:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lars should have been a Wall Street guy, with the way he wheels and deals. He pretty much "hired" Dave Mustaine just cause he had "lots of guitar amps" that they could use.

(Nevermind the author says that Dave played far better than any of them and had great stage presence)

03-30-2012 8:12 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

in dave's autobiography, he mentions how after an early metallica show a review in the paper said that dave's "van halen" like lead playing was the lone highlight of the band (this was before they had cliff, i think)

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-30-2012 10:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It amazes me how Metallica somehow became the popular band...

03-30-2012 10:40 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

from what i understand, metallica and megadeth were actually really close in popularity until the black album/one.. metallica found huge radio success and became one of the biggest bands in the world

dave tried but the more he tried to beat metallica the worse things got kinda

i just look at it as proof that the average person is an idiot

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-31-2012 3:40 AMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I mentioned how I idiotically turned down black album right? (also explained how I was like 11, didn't know either of you, none of this....thats not the worst thing I did, I'm potentially bordering on something worse)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-31-2012 12:11 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Black album isn't very good, not related to that it's their first "hurf look at us we're mainstream" album.

Timeless Miracle - The Gates of Hell

03-31-2012 8:31 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
Black album isn't very good, not related to that it's their first "hurf look at us we're mainstream" album.

...So I still lost out, but TECHNICALLY it was okay? I'm fine with that, like it was a loss but one you can recover from.

I do that a lot probably.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-31-2012 9:10 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's kinda like the Catcher in the Rye of music. People will tell you it's required reading, but in reality it's still pretty shitty.

Timeless Miracle - The Gates of Hell

03-31-2012 9:26 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
It's kinda like the Catcher in the Rye of music.

..Oh HELL no then.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-01-2012 12:31 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't go that far.

St Anger is more Catcher in the Rye material. How people can listen to that album astounds me

04-01-2012 5:15 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've never read catcher in the rye and I categorically refuse to. In fact I'm fine just avoiding ANYTHING involving j.d. salinger because something about that dude has always pissed me off.

I read catch 22 in high school, thats way more aligned to my sensibilities. Gallows humor about military bureaucracy > some rich motherfucker thats freakishly obsessed with childhood (or whatever the tapdancing fuck catcher in the rye was about)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-01-2012 5:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Listen to this.

Their first cassette tape they did, No Life Til Leather.

The Mechanix, Phantom Lord, Jump in the Fire, & Metal Militia were all mainly written by Dave Mustaine, but guess how the credits are written out?

Motorbreath was credited to Hetfield alone but Hugh Tanner worked on it

Seek and Destroy is a ripoff of Diamond Head's Dead Reckoning

I think Hit the Lights is the only song Hetfield and Lars did alone

PS Lars got some poor sap to ship out the cassettes for him, as a pack mule

04-01-2012 6:13 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ahahahahaha, he's a con artist.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-01-2012 6:15 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i know people overrate cliff all the time, but if you notice, without his input metallica got way worse, and at the very least went in a direction they likely wouldn't if he was around

why i mention that is just what you mentioned.. how little of metallica's early material was actually written by james and lars. it really makes you wonder if they would have ever even been worth anything without dave and cliff

and then take a look at megadeth and pretty much the entire catalog is written by mustaine

metallica are hacks

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-01-2012 6:22 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The more I hear about them the..less I'm sure if I really like them yeah

Quote by Alizarin:

04-01-2012 8:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
The more I hear about them the..less I'm sure if I really like them yeah

Same here.

Except the difference between you and I is that I was enamored with them, they got me into music, and the right music at that (rock n roll)

You look up to someone through most of your childhood, then years later find out they are cheap hacks. Shit sucks.

At least I still have Scott. You won't give up on me will you--lets pretend majority of your latest album didn't exist, but...

04-01-2012 8:22 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

THANKS PANDORA FOR PLAYING MASTER OF PUPPETS RIGHT NOW. WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAY

04-01-2012 9:01 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pandora once told me hotel california was similar to the silent hill 2 ost

(I kept feeding it weird stuff trying to confuse it..like I was fighting it. I blame terminator)

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck