What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-01-2012 10:38 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not that it's related to the music in any way, shape or form. But it makes me feel better knowing Dave actually wrote everything and didn't con himself up since Megadeth has become one of my favorites.
04-02-2012 3:29 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lars Smalrich:
THANKS PANDORA FOR PLAYING MASTER OF PUPPETS RIGHT NOW. WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON ANYWAY

I still like that album, though. I'd give Orion head if you could give oral to a song.
04-02-2012 4:28 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I really like how crisp that logo looks.
04-02-2012 9:33 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Goldust:
i know people overrate cliff all the time, but if you notice, without his input metallica got way worse, and at the very least went in a direction they likely wouldn't if he was around

And I like how they always blamed Jason Newsted for the Loads and new direction. Yet, I looked at the pictures in the book, and under the solitary pic of Jason, it says "Fifteen years, just three songwriting credits: Jason Newsted giving vent onstage to his anger and frustration."

Can't wait til I get to the Newsted part so I can call for Lars' head.

In the picture section there's also a picture of Lars and Kirk licking each others tongues to "piss off James". That kinda shit is why Lars and Kirk fucking suck. Jim probably does too but I haven't heard of that yet so let me have my solace for a few more minutes

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

04-02-2012 2:11 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

people always blame bob rock too.. if metallica didn't like what he was making with them they could have just fired him/not worked with him again

but no, after the black album they made three more albums with them. fans don't want to admit it but the problem is metallica themselves

rob's a good bassist but i doubt he has much clout in metallica, which i doubt any bassist in metallica has ever had much of, even cliff, so honestly james is the only one worth a damn in the band. everyone knows lars is a so-so drummer

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-02-2012 2:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thunderfuck themselves blamed Newsted for the change in direction. Fans blame Bob Rock for...exactly what reason I don't really know, how can a producer force a band to do something they don't want to

Lincoln: If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.

04-02-2012 2:20 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

producers do that all the time, sometimes albums are more the producers than the bands Laughing Out Loud

but metallica had a big enough name they could have just said fuck you bob rock and fired him

i really don't know how jason can be blamed, what did he suddenly go from not having the power to make sure he's in the mix (..AJFA) to controlling the band? Laughing My Ass Off

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-02-2012 2:27 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

rise uuuuuuuup rebel of babylooooon

fuck i wish metallica would just get someone else to do the vocals these days

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-02-2012 2:52 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno, Lars is pretty revolutionary. I still can't stop getting hard ons when I hear his new trash can drum set.

Styx - Renegade

04-02-2012 2:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing Out Loud

04-02-2012 4:05 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seriousky, nothing is cooler than trying to decipher how bad a song is and getting constantly distracted by an orgasmically good PANG PANG PANG PANG sound.

Styx - Renegade

04-02-2012 4:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

FRANTIC TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TOCK

04-02-2012 4:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG
PANG PANG PANG PANG

04-02-2012 10:48 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lars Smalrich:
Quote by urib':
Dununununununu--PANG
Dununununununu--PANG
Dununununununu--PANG
Dununununununu--PANG

Styx - Renegade

04-03-2012 3:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think Dave may be the coolest guy ever.

Story goes, according to Dave, that Jim Hetfield kicked one of Dave's pitbull puppies, because they were ontop of Ron McGovney's car, scratching the paint.

Dave flips out and gets in a tussle with Hetfield. They end up in the house at one point. Dave hits James so hard in the face that he nearly goes flying across the room. Ron then jumps onto Dave's back, Dave just flips him onto the coffee table like it aint no thang.

Dave also did a KARATE KICK to the guitarist of Armored Saint, causing the guy to get a broken ankle in the process. Dave was defending Lars at the time.

Seriousky what is this man made of (besides beer and drugs)

(ps at the time it was beer and drugs, he's sober now)

04-03-2012 7:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd like all that except for the pitbull. Ugh pitbulls.
04-03-2012 7:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I'm sure kicking one for scratching the paint on your car is really gonna solve any problem you'd run into with aggression..

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-03-2012 7:58 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'm pretty sure dave took some kind of martial arts training when he was a teenager, but i can't remember the specifics.. been awhile since i read his book

there's also a story in there where he got into a fight with chris poland, the original secondary axeman in the band. mustaines cool in that if you pissed him off, he actually would kick your ass

none of that tough guy poser shit

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-03-2012 7:59 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i think dave also poured beer on mcgovneys amp which exploded in mcgovneys face? Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-03-2012 8:45 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wouldn't it just cause a short

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Pages (6): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck