What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-03-2012 9:15 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Amps are just transformers, meaning the voltage inside the amp is way, way higher than what you'd get from a normal appliance. It's a big more... reactive.

Rush - Tom Sawyer

04-03-2012 10:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Goldust:
i think dave also poured beer on mcgovneys amp which exploded in mcgovneys face? Laughing Out Loud

He poured beer in his amp, shouting "I fucking hate Ron" supposedly.

Ron then used the amp later, getting himself an electric shock from it.

Frank: Some cocks can't be unsucked.

04-03-2012 11:22 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

one of my favorite things about the dave/metallica thing is

after he got kicked out, metallica slammed him constantly and said what a shitty person he was and that he was a terrible guitarist

he wasn't upset they said he was a shitty person but the fact that they slammed his guitar playing made crushing metallica his lifelong goal Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-03-2012 11:25 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

that and the first time he saw metallica live with kirk his response was

"this is the guy you replaced me with? he's awful."

Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-04-2012 2:17 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

OH THAT DAVE!

He really was an asshole though, but terrible guitarist? He was better than the lot of them

04-05-2012 4:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

- Cliff practiced bass SIX HOURS A DAY EVERY DAY. JESUS

- Bill Hale sez Thunderfuck made a mistake in firing Dave: "With Cliff and Dave, the band was monstrous! I would have put that line-up against Black Sabbath of '72 or Deep Purple. They were a monster band, and everybody knew, whatever it was, Metallica had it." It was deeply unfair that after Dave got kicked out "everybody ganged up on him--Dave's an alcoholic or whatever. But we have to remember, Dave wrote most of the first album plus the second, Dave had the ideas. Dave is a much more aggressive player [compared to Kirk], a cutting-edge player." That he formed Megadeth speaks volumes, while Hammett remains "just a lead guitar player in a band. So, you know..." He admits that having three leaders instead of two may have killed Thunderfuck, though.

- Lars set up the infamous four-day Greyhound bus ride before he fired Dave. I love these quotes: "I like James more than Lars. I think everyone does." and "I don't really like Kirk cause he got my job but I nailed his girlfriend before I left."

- Dave: "I was a brash person that was always drunk and having fun and James and Lars were withdrawn little boys. James hardly ever talked to people. He was singing but it was I who talked inbetween songs. The whole thing was that I had too much to drink. But I fuck up one time and it costs me the band, and they fuck up a hundred times... There's been times when I had to carry both James and Lars because they were so drunk."

- James flipped out when he was shown the cover of a magazine of he and Lars in bed together (with a superimposed picture of Eldon Hoke who is supposedly this super-fat singer of some band that sounds terrible), kicking an interviewer in the stomach. This was only because he was drunk.

- Lars the little douchebag mastermind supposedly already had plans to sack Dave in November 1982.

- Everyone around Thunderfuck at the time was like "ahhhh why are you going to get rid of Dave, you're going to suck if you do"

04-05-2012 4:52 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Petition for Metallica = Thunderfuck word filter.
04-06-2012 9:50 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hol sez no, she likes interchanging em.
04-06-2012 10:44 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

its important to note that the most vocal critics of metallica here (ie, necro and hollow) actually are fans of metallica too

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-06-2012 11:08 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:

Nuts.

Request permission to refer to them as Thudfuck?
04-06-2012 11:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...Thudfuck?
04-07-2012 12:49 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
Quote by Deus Ex Machina:

Nuts.

Request permission to refer to them as Thudfuck?

I once think I called them therapy babies and nobody stopped me so you're probably fine. Or something like that I made several therapy jokes.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-07-2012 9:40 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I ultimately can't boast appreciating much of their stuff, only like a couple songs.

Rush - Tom Sawyer

04-07-2012 2:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah pretty much

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 6:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Goldust:
its important to note that the most vocal critics of metallica here (ie, necro and hollow) actually are fans of metallica too

I'm a big fan. HERE'S ANOTHER POST ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY SUCK.*

- Jonny Z and his wife took in Metallica (and a few other metal bands) because they loved the genre. Metallica abused their generosity (they forked over thousands of dollars to get their first album recorded, fed them, etc) and finally got kicked out when they drank champagne that was given to the Z's as a wedding present. They drank everything in that house, invited tons of people over, and generally were houseguests from hell.

- So when they got kicked out, they went to live in a hellhole rehearsal space with Anthrax. They slept in the loft, which had no mattresses, there was no hot water, etc. They had very little money (while Anthrax did, they just came by to rehearse) so Anthrax helped them out. I'm thinking this is the only reason Anthrax is part of the Big 4.

- Kill Em All was intended to be named Metal Up Your Ass (with the imagery of a mans arm with a machete coming out of a toilet. Classy) When Thunderfuck was told they couldn't name it the Ass name, Cliff got very angry, shouting "Kill em all!" Hence, the albums name.

- Dave, interviewed months after Kill em All came out: "I'm just wondering what Metallica are gonna do when they run out of my riffs." On Kirk "Kirk is a yes man. 'Yes Lars, I'll do Dave's leads. Yes James, I'll play this.'" And of course "I wrote the most songs on that whole fuckin album! I wrote four of them, James wrote three, and Hugh Tanner wrote two!" He insisted that "James played all the rhythm on that album and Cliff wrote all Kirk's leads, so it shows you they're having a lot of trouble with this "new guitar god"."

- Ron McGovney thinks Dave's lyrics to Mechanix are "ridiculous".

- Metallica's lead vocalist was intended to be either Jess Cox from Tygers of Pan Tang, or John Bush from Armored Saint.

* But seriousky I am a big fan, even though I nearly openly weep at how bad Reload is. "IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE MEEE, THEN I CAN UNDERSTANDDD THE YOUUUUU" Wannn!

04-07-2012 6:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
finally got kicked out when they drank champagne that was given to the Z's as a wedding presen

One time in high school I opened up the cabinet thing where the booze was and drank this old seeming champagne and then got mildly sick because it was humid and the bottle was warm, then later I realized said bottle may have been from when I was born or something. This was never mentioned to me so nobody probably noticed, and if I'm right whatever that was my birthright then

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 6:42 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Happy birthday to m---BLARRAGHBLUH."
04-07-2012 7:47 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What I don't get is...

Lars Ulrich had a very well off family. Exactly why were they going around fucking up other people's shit?
04-07-2012 8:40 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hes a spoiled brat

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-07-2012 9:22 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well his dad is pretty badass. Maybe he woulda killed Lars if he pulled this shit in his house.

Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck