What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-10-2012 9:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Danzig - How the Gods Kill
Metallica - Hero of the Day

Probably just me

David Lee Roth: Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

04-10-2012 10:02 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

you can really hear the jim morrison influence on danzig

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-10-2012 10:07 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hero of the day is painful to listen to

why metallica, why Frown

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-10-2012 10:12 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"44 y.o. female rocker from Paris here. this cd has the fire the early ones had. i believe the people who call them sellouts must be half my age or so. this cd in whole is called musical evolution. Re-Load also. were they suppost to cut Kill Em All six times in a row. geez you uninformed it might not be 65 degrees tomorrow. it might be 66. new cds are suppost to show progress."

why do metallica defenders have such a hard time accepting alot of people just don't like anything they did after the 80s

load and reload aren't musical evolution. evolution is when a band grows, it's not that metallica evolved and people didn't like it - they started making music that alot of the fanbase wouldn't be listening to if it didnt have the metallica name on it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-10-2012 10:15 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

mama said wasn't an evolution - it's a country song made by a band who has few fans who want to listen to country

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-10-2012 10:29 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"As a fan of Metallica since Master of Puppets was released, I can say GROWING UP with Metallica has been a real joy for me. To actually live through out the decades listening to all their music, listening to them grow, change and mature as I have. People have this misconception of heavy metal that it should never change. People grow up, their styles will change, their music will change to reflect that.

It's inevitable. Get over it".

the problem isn't that metallica changed, people just keep trying to get around the issue. "heavy metal" should change, if it never did we would have never had metallica in the first place, as thrash was a departure from the heavy metal sound bands like sabbath and priest popularized

its not that metallica changed metal with the loads - what part of these albums are metal? When you're one of the biggest metal bands in the world you don't just shit on your fans and make a few albums that aren't even remotely similar to the kind of music you know they like

iron maiden has evolved since number of the beast but they still sound like iron maiden. because they're smart enough to know, hey maybe our fans dont want to listen to us do country (or maybe they hate country because they're british Laughing Out Loud )

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

04-10-2012 10:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even when I was a huge fan of Thunderfuck, right when Load was coming out, I STILL hated Mama Said.

I dunno how, but I liked the rest of the album I think. I couldn't even make it all the way through Reload the other day, I think I stopped at Attitude or Fixxer or whatever the fuck is the third song from the last on that abysmal album.

edit: I've even come to partially enjoy the Loads, only because I told myself "You know, I may really not like the way things are now, but if Reload is any indication things will only get worse"

And worse they did.

So the Loads are crap, but they made worse.

David Lee Roth: Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make.

04-16-2012 11:06 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I adore cliff man. He was so talented, damage inc when played on tour hAd Bach stuff. Come sweet death it was. He's just amazing.

04-30-2012 2:13 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

On one night of the tour in 1986, Thunderfuck was on a bus.

Cliff and Kirk played a simple game with a deck of cards. Whoever gets the highest card, wins the better bunk.

Cliff pulled an Ace of Spades. He won the better bunk.

In the early hours of the morning, the bus skidded off the road. Cliff was thrown out the window and (hopefully) killed in his sleep. (because if he was still alive, the dumbfucks trying to pull him out dropped the bus ontop of him a second time.)

One must wonder what would have happened to Metallica if Kirk was in that bunk instead.

05-01-2012 10:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The book is very Cliff-centric at this point.

Merely three weeks after Cliff's funeral, they already had a replacement. Lars said it was for the best, even Kirk said it's what Cliff would want them to do. Even the author of the book wrote an "Uh huh..." after their statements, it was hilarious.

05-02-2012 9:49 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I do like the author of the book so far. He seems very... irreverent in a good way for once.
05-02-2012 8:12 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because what the world needs is more "reverent" hagiographies of bands written by drooling fanboys who wish they were roadies? I dunno that just seemed like an odd choice of phrasing.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-04-2012 12:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The guy who wrote this book..man he is awesome.

He completely ripped into ...And Justice, saying how ploddingly terrible it was. I couldn't believe what I was reading. I was definitely expecting some asskissing of the highest power since he's been with Metallica all these years.

I almost want to type out what he said cause it was beautiful, and so true. ...ah, what the hell.

Quote:
Both men [Lars and James] complained that they didn't want it to be like Ride the Lightning, where 'Flemming was in a reverb daze'. More tellingly, asked what they had learned from the 'upfront and raw' sound of the Garage Days EP, Lars specifically mentioned 'that mix', with James elaborating: "We learned that the bass is too loud."
'And when is the bass too loud?' Lars chirped in.
'When you can hear it!' they answered together, laughing.

Quote:
With its flat, wooden sound, its increasingly hollow-sounding anger, its less-palatable-because-it's-more-real bitterness and, most of all, its horribly self-regarding posturing, instead of being the radically 'different' masterpiece Lars had envisaged, Justice was a sideways step at best, a miscalculation; at worst a disfiguringly weird statement they would all largely disown as time went by and better albums were made. It's only real saving grace was the extraordinary 'One'.

Quote:
[..]'Dyer's Eve', its speedy razor-cut riff a moment of breathe-out relief after the torturous slabs of prog-metal that precede it.

Quote:
From there it was on to the self-consciously epic title track, one of the longest and most tedious songs the band would ever record. Built around a quirky Ulrich drum tattoo and the sound of marching guitars, at almost ten minutes long, 'Justice' digs its own grave and buries itself, eliciting a huge sigh of relief from the listener when it finally--finally-- slams to a halt. [..] Similarly, the samey-sounding tribute to Cliff instrumental 'To Live is to Die' was a sincere gesture rendered almost meaningless by the fact it's the longest track on an album choked with tracks that outstay their welcome.

Quote:
[...]the fact it reached #20 on UK charts was probably down to the by-now-huge Metallica fan base that was ready to buy whatever the band did next

05-04-2012 8:50 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I never listened to that album. I guess it's fine I didn't.
05-04-2012 11:42 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:

Fuck.
You.

Primal Fear - Battalions of Hate

05-05-2012 1:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
Quote:

Fuck.
You.

Is anybody else getting the impression the wrong member of Metallica died?

(Also, peter hook from joy division could probably kick lars' ass...except then lars would just go whine in therapy while being filmed cause he's a little bitch.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-05-2012 3:55 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

One thing I am getting from the book is "Holy shit UK music fans have no damn taste".

Isn't Dragonforce British?
05-05-2012 6:12 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Is anybody else getting the impression the wrong member of Metallica died?

If by "anybody else," you mean, "the entire world," yes.
05-05-2012 7:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
Isn't Dragonforce British?

...That would make sense. Cause ugh..

Quote by Alizarin:

05-05-2012 9:28 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would probably take Dragonforce over dubstep.

actually scratch that, I'd rather just not listen to anything if I had to choose those two.
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lars Ulrich, Drummer of Thunderfuck