What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » The Great Outdoors» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Great Outdoors
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-07-2012 10:30 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Walking outside is the shit. It's good exercise, but it's also a great way to see new things, or put things you might otherwise take for granted into perspective. Walking around in towns can lead you to new stores or interesting roads (as long as you're smart enough to stay out of the wrong neighborhoods,) parks are a good touch of nature for people without access to any forestry within walking distance, and for the more intrepid there's full fledged hikes out into the wilderness (or just along roads through it, that works just as well.)

Do you walk much? How much? Where do you like to go? Have you discovered any neat places walking?

I try to walk every day. I like to walk around town, but the hours I walk my douche bag neighbor gets pissed, even when I'm just quietly walking along. He likes to think he's president of the street or some crap.

Ideally I'd always prefer to walk outside of town, but I'm about as close to the heart of the city as it gets. There's a lot of trees and mini parks around though, so it's cool enough.

A lot of the time I don't make it outside, whenever I know my stupid neighbor is on the prowl for people to bitch at. But I have a treadmill in range of a TV and plenty of nature documentaries, so that works.

On that subject, and more related to the topic itself, how do you feel about nature, like just... Being out in the woods, or watching nature shows, or hell, I'd reach as far as natural areas in games?

I love it, hearing nothing but animals, the twigs under your feet, and a running stream. Seriousky, not much works as well to help relieve stress, or help put thoughts or problems into perspective. I do listen to music and generally have noise and a lot of stressors and things going on with how I conduct my time, and having something like a leisurely hike to wind it down with does a lot for my sanity.

So, what are your thoughts, dottle? Been a while since we took discussions to a new place.

Axel Rudi Pell - I Will Survive

04-07-2012 2:19 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

inb4thisdissolvesintoaseriesofdisgustingfactoidsaboutx'spenis

Walking is a great thing, and walking barefoot is quite possibly one of the greatest things. The town I'm in right now is built on a series of awkward hills with shitty sidewalks, but there are a lot of nature areas around here where one can go and take a stroll.

The valleys in Skyrim are really fucking awesome for the reason that you can almost get that "nice bright day in pleasantly foliaged country" feel.

04-07-2012 2:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't drive yet so..yes?

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-07-2012 2:55 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This thread contains everything I hate. Nature and exercise.

The only nature I'm really into is the ocean/water and I can't really walk there. I guess walking on a beach can be good (assuming it's a nice beach and not covered in needles and shit) but since I live nowhere near one, that's a no go.

I do sometimes walk to the post office since it's like 5 minutes away on foot, but that's about it.

04-07-2012 3:10 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ocean is way better but pennsylvania is stupid and is farmland

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 4:49 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What are these "outdoors" you speak of.
04-07-2012 5:30 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's a mystical place where the air is not stagnant, light is all around, and life still exists.

Axel Rudi Pell - I Will Survive

04-07-2012 5:37 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The hell you say!
04-07-2012 6:27 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
It's a mystical place where the air is not stagnant, light is all around, and life still exists.

Yeah you get bombarded by radiation from this one fucking star and theres these entities that might be vectors for some weird squirrel disease or some shit, thats the downside.

Otherwise it's quite nice

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 6:30 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by urib':
Do you walk much? How much? Where do you like to go? Have you discovered any neat places walking?

Yes. Every day when I can. Anywhere. Yes, sort of.

Quote:
On that subject, and more related to the topic itself, how do you feel about nature, like just... Being out in the woods, or watching nature shows, or hell, I'd reach as far as natural areas in games?

If there were no mosquitos I'd be outside constantly. It's literally like (god of your choice) is punishing me. I went from being inside most of the time back home, where there's lawns, and trees, and plants, and the most basic of wildlife (birds, squirrels, bunnies) to this shithole, where there is LITERALLY NO FUCKING GRASS FOR MILES, you see maybe one squirrel a month, and the only regular wildlife you see are pigeons who eat whatever people throw at them.

...maybe I found the source of my depression.

Aliz: its ok one day the fbi will surround his house and he'll be killed in a shootout and they'll raid his compound and it'll be filled with like a bunch of missing girls and like his dying words will be "i was trolling...".

04-07-2012 6:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...mosquitos in brooklyn?

Also its probably not, I mean if you weren't big into it then you probably wouldn't suddenly wish for it

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 6:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was big into it, its hard to explain

Aliz: its ok one day the fbi will surround his house and he'll be killed in a shootout and they'll raid his compound and it'll be filled with like a bunch of missing girls and like his dying words will be "i was trolling...".

04-07-2012 7:00 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like nature in contained, small increments. Pennsylvanias...theres too much farmland.

And it's not land, you can't go on there or you're trespassing. So its just this vast expanse thats accomplishing nothing I can see (I don't watch the harvesting of hay or whatever goes on there)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 7:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There seriousky is no life here. It's very ugh.
04-07-2012 10:03 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Lars Smalrich:
Quote by urib':

Yes. Every day when I can. Anywhere. Yes, sort of.

Quote:

If there were no mosquitos I'd be outside constantly. It's literally like (god of your choice) is punishing me. I went from being inside most of the time back home, where there's lawns, and trees, and plants, and the most basic of wildlife (birds, squirrels, bunnies) to this shithole, where there is LITERALLY NO FUCKING GRASS FOR MILES, you see maybe one squirrel a month, and the only regular wildlife you see are pigeons who eat whatever people throw at them.

...maybe I found the source of my depression.

i see rabbits all over the place here

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-07-2012 10:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

BUNNIES!

04-07-2012 10:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah theres a bunch running around on the campus of shippensburg.

(You cannot pet them though they run away...I got close once trying to chase one but no they just dart off)

Quote by Alizarin:

04-07-2012 10:19 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

you have to understand though, this was edmonton this week Laughing Out Loud

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-07-2012 10:37 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

dear god

04-07-2012 11:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nerd answer: I live in Gettysburg and love walking around the battlefield (national park), sometimes I take my dog for walks there. I like physically walking the terrain of the battle and factoring that into my understanding. Also its just a good place to walk.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » The Great Outdoors