What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » TDottle makes your computer cache text for you as you type.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TDottle makes your computer cache text for you as you type.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
05-21-2012 4:52 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

TDottle now commands your computer to cache the messages you write out as you type them.

In the event of a browser crash, tab close, or what have you, simply go back to the message box. A little box on the left of the message will appear and allow you to retrieve the lost post from the abyss.
05-21-2012 10:58 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Feature complete on regular add reply pages. If you wish to try it, go to a regular add reply page, hit reload to refresh your javascript cache, and start typing.
05-21-2012 11:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Now added to quick replies.
05-21-2012 11:52 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

hnnnnggggggggg

Sharp: "It suggests to me he's not a political guy, something is going on" well then you're an idiot wolf blitzer

05-21-2012 11:59 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

In case you are wondering, this cannot be done well for PMs so it will not be.
05-21-2012 12:32 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

PMs are usually short messages anyhow.

Sharp: "It suggests to me he's not a political guy, something is going on" well then you're an idiot wolf blitzer

05-21-2012 1:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
TDottle now commands your computer to cache the messages you write out as you type them.

In the event of a browser crash, tab close, or what have you, simply go back to the message box. A little box on the left of the message will appear and allow you to retrieve the lost post from the abyss.

This appears to be having an odd side-effect because now the box where the smileys were is saying "no cached data found"

Also none of the buttons for like hyperlinks or whatever at the top work. (Or wait, no they do now, they werent before)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

05-21-2012 1:18 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It only caches data once you actually type up the data it needs to cache.

05-21-2012 1:30 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not doing it on calendar, decided too much of a hassle there.
05-21-2012 2:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Now optimized. Seems reasonably complete. Tell me if you see bugs.
05-21-2012 3:57 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I see a bug. It doesn't seem to be caching quickreply anymore.

05-21-2012 3:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And there's no cache box even on regular reply.

05-21-2012 4:15 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The joys of optimizing. All fixed!
05-21-2012 4:18 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh it has more words now, I see.

05-21-2012 4:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yup. I tried to make it match the board and be clearer.

This applies to:

Replies (by Thread)
New Threads (by Forum)
Post Edits (by Post)

The cache for each part will be erased whenever you hit Reply or Preview. (I can't stop it from erasing on Preview, sorry!)
05-21-2012 5:57 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I typed in "Nope." on the quick reply, left via the jump to button, came back, there is now a small square where the old message was that has nothing in it. However after typing that sentence and hitting refresh, it saved successfully.

I'm gonna be posting a lot in here since I don't seem to have any means of removing the cache without posting. So I'll be testing stuff, most likely posting nonsense and/or synopses of test results.

But I may not come up with much, either!

Rush - Tom Sawyer

05-21-2012 5:58 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Music!

Now even short messages are caching correctly. Unsure of what was happening before.

Rush - Tom Sawyer

05-21-2012 7:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, you probably had an old bbcode.js and it reloaded.
05-21-2012 7:17 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also, you can remove dead cache entries with Firebug.
05-21-2012 7:17 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Right now I had a retrieve button up but nothing happened when I clicked it.

GHOST MESSAGE

Rush - Tom Sawyer

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » TDottle makes your computer cache text for you as you type.