What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adventure Time, Come On, Grab Your Friends» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (25): « first ... « previous 21 22 [23] 24 25 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Adventure Time, Come On, Grab Your Friends
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-10-2016 7:46 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Some are cute, like Fallout Boy.
08-10-2016 7:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They didn't have that either, sadly

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-28-2016 5:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey so was this cancelled or something, I never see it listed in the channel listings.

Did it die after that stakes thing and the pothead showrunner leaving.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-28-2016 5:21 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eighth season is coming, but there is one more ep for this season called "Preboot" but unknown when it will air.

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

08-28-2016 5:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sounds like it'll be about BMO

edit: Did I ever post that Fallout: New vegas mod where the securitrons are BMO? I never used it, but it's adorable.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-28-2016 10:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I am, again, in the minority about something.

Everybody seemed to like it but I found "stakes" very dull. Marceline is my favorite character on the show, and I sort of preferred little glimpses into her past and not just her going vampire hunting...which sounds cooler than it was.

Also why would she go to Princess Bubblegum and plead "I WANT TO STOP BEING THIS". Isn't, like, part of why she's cool that she just accepts the terrible condition but is a bass-playing chick.

There's nothing wrong with Marceline having severe issues over the nuclear holocaust mushroom war and being half-demon/vampire/whatever, but to suddenly have her go "Wahh save me" seems off.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-28-2016 10:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Actually I said in this very thread that Stakes sucked. The animation was really bad.

Descartes: An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?

08-29-2016 7:27 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I liked the head vampire dude.

That said, you could tell from a mile away that it'd go right back to status quo.
08-29-2016 1:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess Pony:
Actually I said in this very thread that Stakes sucked. The animation was really bad.

Well of course we're right. I mean my understanding is it apparently was well received.

"The common clay of the new west, you know..morons."

edit: I don't even really remember the head vampire dude. That's the other thing, it was just thoroughly forgettable.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-04-2016 4:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess Pony:
Quote by Sharp:
I only ever saw one episode and I don't remember..precisely what was going on, something about the kid and the dog finding audio tapes or something

Finding Ice King's tapes I think?

I don't pay attention to the plots most of the time, I just find the show funny. Plus Rainicorn is soooo cuuuuuuute Kawaii

Quote:
Aside from a few duds,

The ep which was 90% singing and the fandom said "proves" Marceline is Gay for Bubblegum was the worst ep. I don't care so much about the fandom schlicking but the singing was awful

That one sucked but I'd love to at some point just begin singing the lyric "I'm juuust your prooooblem" to someone who uses the term "problematic"

Quote by Alizarin:

09-29-2016 2:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Show is going to end in 2018.

It's the last show I actually catch on tv besides Ponies.

09-29-2016 3:24 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I keep never seeing it on. I guess it's inbetween seasons or something.

Wonder if that was a network mandate or because the guy decided he wanted to just take his money and buy all the weed and stepped down like a season or so ago.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-29-2016 3:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's a Gravity Falls-esque "we want to end on a high note" thing

10-02-2016 4:33 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Princess Pony:
It's a Gravity Falls-esque "we want to end on a high note" thing

They're not gonna hit that high of a note. That disappointing or kinda meh marceline series of episodes kinda makes me question the writing.

But it's better for shows to end when the people running it want them to rather than dragging it out.

Maybe they have an endgame and this is the plan, who knows.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-08-2016 9:36 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's still rumors about a movie. But there have been rumors like that for a while.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-25-2016 3:17 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Simpsons Time Couch Gag | Season 28 | THE SIMPSONS

In case people missed it

Quote by Alizarin:

10-29-2016 3:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They were repeating "Stakes" today.

I forgot until just now which I guess is the final part.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-13-2016 4:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Does anybody have a link to the episodes they never advertised, because apparently the last couple of episodes of the previous season were shoved into some death-timeslot and never really advertised. Preferably one that won't give them ratings or money.

And I'm about to get into why it's preferable not to enable Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

I guess cartoon network is kinda burying this show now that it's going to end in 2818.

(Some executive must be pissed off at it. Cause there was this whole thing where somebody on the production staff was censored for talking about Marceline and Princess Bubblegum possibly being in a relationship. Apparently if you "cross the line" with Turner productions the hammer drops and you either get canceled or just buried away. This is like what happened with that million dollar extreme show but instead of being too right wing I guess it was too left wing according to somebody. Somethings weird with that company, I dunno.)

Oh and I don't totally buy into the fan theory about shipping Marceline and Princess Bubblegum. But from what I've heard, the network cracked down on suggesting it because they were scared it might make the show "controversial" among homophobes or in foreign countries. So, there's a bit of a pattern of them telling people to shut up if peoples feel-feels get hurt apparently.

If I seem to be on a warpath against that network, it's because I am. I don't like media conglomerates censoring things because of whiny groups getting their precious little feelings compromised. Hell I'm not a giant fan of corporations anyways.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-13-2016 4:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The weird aspergers guy who made adventure time said the Marcelline bubblegum thing is what he had planned from the start but couldn't do it cause the show would get banned in several other countries

Can't interfere with the money gains

12-13-2016 7:35 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought it was one of the writers that said that, and ward was just like stoned outta his mind half the time instead of being a 'spergin.

But yeah that is why the network got mad. Because there's a number of foreign nations that are bigoted and socially retrograde as hell. (But you can't really mention that, because their hatred is ok and not subject to a witch hunt. You're bad if you call it out or mention it though.)

Not even gonna mention what the dominant theology of some of those places are, because it's off limits. But I think we all know what regions and nations generally tend to frown on homosexuality or women acting outside of proscribed norms.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (25): « first ... « previous 21 22 [23] 24 25 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Adventure Time, Come On, Grab Your Friends