What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Fuck Bronies» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (126): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fuck Bronies
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-23-2012 5:25 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can't just be a fan. You have to be part of THE COLLECTIVE.
08-23-2012 7:57 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wonder what Confused was linking.
08-23-2012 8:00 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Huh, it doesn't work after all.

I figured the name was just retitled cause of that tumblr crack I made

Social Credit score: Negative 1997

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-23-2012 8:26 PMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
Wonder what Confused was linking.

I thought he was linking something which used to be a thing but has since closed up.

i.e. was probably sloppy with his arguments and got a lot of 'sperginy hate comments.

Triumph - Fight the Good Fight

08-23-2012 8:28 PMCONFUSED.com is offline Send an Email to CONFUSED.com Search for Posts by CONFUSED.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Frown
08-23-2012 8:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

'spergins, man.
08-23-2012 8:37 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I assume he was showing we have an available domain to obtain.

08-23-2012 8:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh ho. I see your point.
08-23-2012 8:48 PMCONFUSED.com is offline Send an Email to CONFUSED.com Search for Posts by CONFUSED.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Not found. Better? :3
08-23-2012 8:59 PMCONFUSED.com is offline Send an Email to CONFUSED.com Search for Posts by CONFUSED.com Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...It would've been a smarter idea if I had used a real email and the password was more memorable than "helloamIdoingthisright?" Opps.
08-23-2012 9:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Good swipe.
09-09-2012 2:15 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bronies Hate Rarity

Rarity. A white unicorn with purple hair and blue eyes, with blue diamonds as her symbol. She is a fashion designer residing in Ponyville. She has her own boutique. She is very prim and proper--when need be. She can also party with the best of them. She has a white persian cat named Opal, who is a (hilarious) bitch of a cat. Her element of harmony is generosity.

Bronies despise this character with every fiber of their being.

Quote:
Rarity is the one who doesn't match her element. they wrote themselves into a corner by having rarity want to be upper class and running her own business for profit. those elements of her character make it hard to write her as generous all the time. any detailed stories that would reconcile the complicated facets of her character would never fit into a 22 minute show, and wouldn't be interesting to the children the show is for. they did drop the ball by having her manipulate others with her looks twice (spike and the nerd pony), those could have been avoided.

Quote:
Although, in my eyes, she's somewhat reconciled with Spike about how she's manipulated him via "Secret of My Excess" due to how she actually does care for him. Even if she doesn't return his feelings (which she very well could), she at least respects them and was honest with him about it.

The nerd pony, though, was totally a low blow by Rarity (and the show staff, mainly the writers/storyboarders).

Quote:
so she does selfish things, but also does generous things, generous is roughly opposite to selfish... yep, that's a character with conflicting traits. what I said she is in my original comment. I never said she was evil. (although the manipulating was pretty bad), i'm saying that the character is written badly.

Yes. In a show aimed at the 5-10 year old crowd, Rarity is a badly written character. I'm not saying that because the show is aimed at children, that she SHOULD be written poorly, no. I am just saying I have seen far, far worse. I do frankly believe that bronies hate Rarity because she is a stereotypical "beautiful girl" in appearance (curls her hair, goes to the salon, hates things being messy) that they have been rejected by over and over again.

I, personally, do not see flaws in her "element". I think the elements are stupid anyway, but I digress. She is very generous--if it were me at the party with Fancy Pants in "Sweet and Elite", I would have said fuckkkk youuu to Twilight Sparkle and her stupid birthday party. She let her friends make asses of themselves infront of the elite of Canterlot. She made five dresses (and accessories) twice over for her overbearing idiot friends. She gave gems to Spike for helping her, even though she needs the gems for her designs.

I have bore witness to a brony wishing death on Rarity by concentration camp. This is deep seated hatred for a small pony, coming from bronie's past failures in life. The talk about how "manipulating the nerd pony" being such a "low blow" just confirms this.

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

09-09-2012 2:45 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
Rarity is the one who doesn't match her element.

Dash is the spirit of loyalty or some shit and spends an entire episode pitting animals against one another in gladiatorial combat, and in pretty much every other episode goes "Fuck everything not in the wonderbolts"

Quote:
that's a character with conflicting traits.

God forbid you expose children to the concept of nuanced characterization, don't you know thats a gateway drug to them reading literature they don't buy at the airport, or watching shows that don't have "CSI: (name of a city)" in the title later on.

More troubling, they may end up transferring this sort of behavior into life, which would lead to the dark specter of "judging things in context and not on binary categorization" which would mean that *gasp* they don't conduct themselves like they're 'sperginin'.

And its been established the worst written character was twilight sparkle season 1 when she was just an exposition machine/deus ex machina. Probably why they had her lose her damn mind like twice or so in season 2.

Quote:
I do frankly believe that bronies hate Rarity because she is a stereotypical "beautiful girl" in appearance (curls her hair, goes to the salon, hates things being messy) that they have been rejected by over and over again.

Probably. I had always figured it was "SEE, SEE, THIS ISN'T FUCKIN' GIRLY BECAUSE DASH SO ITS NOT LIKE '80S PONY. I'M A MAN" (before of course they'd pull a 180 and do some headless style rant about "gender roles" and invisible misogyny bandersnatches and other nonsense. Because post with effort.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2012 4:17 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's also true, Rarity is pretty much an exact copy of Truly from G1. Truly was a "southern belle" type, the accent and all..wore fancy hats sometimes, didn't like messes, same thing. But funny enough, Gusty acts like Rainbow Dash... (Gusty is a bitch)

I've only watched about 5 episodes of G1 but, it's honestly not that different at all. It just has HYOOMANS in it for the whole "little girl gets warped to a fantasy land of magical ponies" deal. The ponies act just about the same, and could definitely go for a redub cause some of the voices were awful. But otherwise it's no different.

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

09-09-2012 4:48 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought rarity was glory since glory was, like, your favorite and looked similar

My only problem with rarity is it took me a while to figure out just what the hell accent the voice was going for, then it just hit me "Oh duh its supposed to be upper-crust northeast/new england"

Go listen to FDRs pearl harbor address (go to example for this kind of accent/enunciation) and tell me you can't picture rarity enunciating "december 7th, 1941, a date which will live in infamy" pretty much like that...possibly magicing up a fainting couch but

And thats why rarity is in the upper echelon of bestpony. Also the funny cat. Also the couch gag stuff was funny in that episode.

Quote:
It just has HYOOMANS in it for the whole "little girl gets warped to a fantasy land of magical ponies"

SHOOBE DOO SHOOP SHOOP BE DOO

CALL UPON THE SEAPONIES WHEN YOU'RE IN DISTRESS

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2012 10:44 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Glory had no speaking roles in G1 I think.

09-09-2012 11:01 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh. I just thought that was your fav

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2012 11:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bronies are utterly insane.

It's probably a thing of "she wouldn't date me SO SHE SUCKS".
09-09-2012 11:22 PMEnclave Agent is offline Send an Email to Enclave Agent Search for Posts by Enclave Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
It's probably a thing of "she wouldn't date me SO SHE SUCKS".

I believe the term for this is "sour grapes", and its a totally normal thing, but most people don't dwell on it and forget it pretty much. Dating, jobs, whatever.

But because its bronies they fixate in a binary way on it, then project it as some deep seeded issue onto a cartoon horse.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-09-2012 11:24 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pretty much dead on. Bronies are nuts.
Pages (126): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » They're masterworks, all. You can't go wrong.  » Fuck Bronies