What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Ace Attorney 5» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ace Attorney 5
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-06-2012 1:11 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

First Look At Ace Attorney 5 With Screenshots [Update] - Siliconera

Phoenix is the main character again. It takes place after 4, and he's apparently gotten his job back. Looks like he has a slightly different suit and hairstyle. And a new assistant, too, for that matter...

Poor Apollo. I hope he's in the game. A few playable cases with him, a la Mia Fey in AA3, would be great.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

09-06-2012 7:49 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

For 3ds, Phoenix is back, with an uglyass assistant.

Boo, hiss, burn in hell Capcom

Harry S Truman: Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

09-06-2012 10:44 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Siliconera always gives me malware warnings.
09-06-2012 1:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

God damn that assistant is hideous. The hair, the glove...

Also, why doesn't Phoenix look a day older than AA3?!
09-06-2012 3:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Semi-fingerless gloves are vital to successful court proceedings. This is like the first thing they teach you in law school

(mind you, I never said "in a good one", in fact I never said these schools were even accredited.)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

09-06-2012 5:35 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Diglett:
Siliconera always gives me malware warnings.

I assume it's those new annoying video ads they have at the bottom of the pages now. I get that shit 1 in 4 pages too.

09-06-2012 5:46 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Use Noscript to block.
09-06-2012 5:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I didn't have any problems

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

09-06-2012 5:58 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I sounded like a Hollywood Squares contestant!
09-06-2012 6:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

noscript is charles nelson reilly?

Quote by Alizarin:

09-06-2012 7:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"I'll take Noscript to block."
09-07-2012 7:08 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I predict this game will be about pheonix wright travelling back to the eighties so he can save the sideways ponytail in time for his sidekick's trip to the salon.

Also I can't wait for phoenix to shout off the comb-over that winston is sporting.

Quote by Iron, who hit the jackpot:
You are actually a snake, and can take on a naga form at will, transforming your lower half to a snake tail. You are actually a raven, with black wings that can be displayed or hidden at will. You are actually a fox in human guise, and can display or hide your tail and ears at will. You are actually a spider, and can turn into a human-sized spider or grow six extra arms at will. You are actually a large predatory cat, and can display or hide the ears, tail, claws and teeth at will.

09-08-2012 10:36 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Apparently that's Winston Payne's son.

You know Japan, according to their media kids look exactly like their mom or dad.
09-08-2012 11:11 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's his younger brother, I think. Also, he's supposed to be a darker character than Winston.

I don't mind a new sidekick, as long as Maya is mentioned, at the very least...

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

09-08-2012 11:26 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The new design is so very modern anime it hurts.
09-08-2012 11:50 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I still haven't played one sadly but between you and hol I've seen enough of the art to form some kind of opinion.

And yeah thats pretty much it, it seemed off but I couldn't quite put my finger on it until you pointed that out.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-08-2012 1:12 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, the older characters have an early 2000's anime look to them. This is a game that's been made today, so it only makes sense that it would look more modern. It still has that overtly wacky look to it that the Ace Attorney games are known for.

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

09-08-2012 4:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
Well, the older characters have an early 2000's anime look to them.

Maya and Mia did not have an "early 2000 anime look" to them. Maya looked like she was--some goofy-ass mystic from a japanese-esque backwater village. Mia looked like a smart lawyer. Phoenix is...well, he's Phoenix. His hair is weird, but that's about the only weird thing about him. (besides how he acted as a teenager but...)

This character, just from looking at her, has no personality whatsoever. Since they trumped up her design to look as disgusting as possible, that means she needed her design to give her personality since she has none.

Look at some of the previous characters. The hilarious Gay chef. De Killer. Max Galactica and his girlfriend. They all had awesome personalities.

Harry S Truman: Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

09-08-2012 4:42 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm going to withhold any form of real judgment until I see what the character ends up being like in the game itself.

Some people on GameFAQs have presented the idea that she might just be a temporary character, or someone that fulfills a role similar to Maggey Byrde in JFA. Who knows, though?

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

09-08-2012 5:13 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I forget what Maggey did.
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Ace Attorney 5