What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » Fake dinosaurs» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Fake dinosaurs
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-11-2012 5:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aliz's subforum seemed quiet, and this is tangentially related to dinosaurs so I figured it would be good to put this here. So, anyway..

Jurrassic Park 4 at one point was going to have human-dinosaur hybrids being used as bioweapons or some shit. this is apparently what it woulda looked like

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-11-2012 5:43 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

These would work...if they weren't for Jurassic Park. They're pretty neat designs, but best suited for vidya, in my opinion.

Mel Brooks: Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love.

10-11-2012 5:54 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Jurassic park 4 script was wacky, I think it started with escaped pterodactyls descending on a little league game and wasting everybody (or something, there were like 2 or something they never made)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

10-11-2012 5:58 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pterodactyls eating soccermoms isn't a bad concept, in theory.

10-12-2012 1:17 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm sort of glad this didn't take off, because of the obligatory "fanart" of the worst possible kind.

Valkyrie Profile - Distortions in the Void of Despair

10-12-2012 1:22 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Iron Savior:
I'm sort of glad this didn't take off, because of the obligatory "fanart" of the worst possible kind.

...Good god, yeah thats for the best then.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-12-2012 1:25 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Iron Savior:

BAD IMAGERY

Also, nobody cares about the InGen bioweapon backstory, all they care about are the DINOS.
10-12-2012 1:33 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:
Quote by Iron Savior:

BAD IMAGERY

Also, nobody cares about the InGen bioweapon backstory, all they care about are the DINOS.

Yeah I actually read the novel like...years and years ago as a kid. I don't remember them being umbrella incorporated and doing bioweapons, so I dunno where black-ops dinowarriors was coming from.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-14-2012 7:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They were, actually. That was what Nedry was doing, getting the DNA to InGen for bioweapon applications.
10-14-2012 9:05 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Honestly I never finished the novel, cause I was a kid when I read it and there was this whole thing about..like..a fax machine that bored the hell out of me.

(I'd like to say I grew out of this, except I've tried reading SSN by tom clancy on a couple of occasions..and when it gets into borderline 'sperginy stuff about sonar or navigation systems I just kind of fall asleep, its like ambien in novel form)

Quote by Alizarin:

10-14-2012 9:49 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Anything in too much detail is a bit of a snore, honestly.

Also, I'm pretty sure Dino Crisis 3 had some wonky concept like this.
10-14-2012 10:02 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
(I'd like to say I grew out of this, except I've tried reading SSN by tom clancy on a couple of occasions..and when it gets into borderline 'sperginy stuff about sonar or navigation systems I just kind of fall asleep, its like ambien in novel form)

brb buying amazon out of these

10-14-2012 11:14 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno if it gets better (I think its about late cold-war submarine warfare), but like the first chapter is just like paragraphs about the sonar system from what I remember, its pretty dry.

Quote:
Also, I'm pretty sure Dino Crisis 3 had some wonky concept like this.

There was a dino crisis 3? I thought they stopped with the sequel about time travel, and..like...you fight a tyrannosaur with a tank at some point. I dunno I just rented it a while ago.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-14-2012 11:24 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by freneticpony:
These would work...if they weren't for Jurassic Park. They're pretty neat designs, but best suited for vidya, in my opinion.

This. I was expecting them to look horrible what with the whole "CONCEPT ART THAT KILLED JP4" thing people keep saying but they're actually pretty cool, and some are even kinda horrifying. It really woulda made for a terrible sequel though.

Quote by X:
I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT THE FUCK UP; ERGO, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PS: YOU ARE STUPID FOR SAYING THE THING THAT YOU SHOULD SHUT UP ABOUT.

11-08-2015 2:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

11-08-2015 2:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Makes more sense than crossfit.

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2015 1:06 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Crossfit makes theoretical sense... except it falls apart under even minute scrutiny.
11-09-2015 1:48 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I lol'd when we walked past that old studebaker dealership/garage (or that building once had that) and its a crossfit and hol was joking like "oh there's a place to kill yourself"

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2015 9:05 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

More like give yourself crippling spinal injuries.
11-09-2015 12:38 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought the title was "Fuck Dinosaurs" and was legit ready for some weird Internet outrage.

GD dinos and their giving us oil. Dinos killing environment, even after environment killed them. Fuck dinos.

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » Fake dinosaurs