What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (26): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Megaman Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-26-2002 7:56 PMSenka is offline Send an Email to Senka Search for Posts by Senka Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I changed this to be a thread about Megaman cause no one cared about the original post about Rockman EXE 3
08-02-2011 1:21 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And no one cared.

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

08-02-2011 3:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like how he had to use the jap name to seem like a TRUUUU FAN

(rockman sounds like the name of some shifty dude who hangs out on a street corner slinging crack. Like instead of "FOR EVERLASTING PEACE" he keeps glancing around and going "Yo nigga dis shit, dis shit gets you fucked UP" and hawking small vials of product)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-02-2011 6:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And Sharp nails it again.
11-08-2011 5:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Internal Megaman documents etc

Seems like X was going to get a soccer game? Or maybe Capcom was confused which Megaman to draw.

My favorite comment on the pics: "Also, the goalie himself should be on fire."

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

11-08-2011 10:37 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I assume they outsource to various artists to draw the cover art for the US games, so they were like, "Could you draw Mega Man kicking a soccer ball into a goal?" And the artist looks for references of Mega Man, assumes Mega and X are the same character, sketches it up and says, "Here I draw Megman," and Capcom's like, "Uh...that's Mega Man X. We need the original Mega Man," and the artist is like, "Ops, sory."
11-09-2011 4:37 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So you're saying that Capcom artists are mildly dyslexic.

..>After Capcom Unity, I can believe it.
01-11-2012 8:09 PMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

MAGfest related. This band played the Megaman 2 soundtrack while someone played the game live on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=GnQ7bDGhOLI
01-11-2012 8:11 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay, what the fuck is MAGfest. They keep blabbing about it on GameFAQs.
01-11-2012 8:22 PMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Pretty much a convention centralized around video game music.
01-11-2012 8:23 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's sad.
01-11-2012 9:00 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What always bothers me about these live performances is that...they're live performances. Game music is, by its nature, not done with live instrumentation, so such performances always seem to me less like "a celebration of game music" and more like, "Hey, this is my band. We'll play game music you like so we'll get hired for this gig."

Koji Kondo, an actual game music composer, bringing out his keyboard an entertaining us with a night of chiptunes? You call me when that happens.
01-11-2012 9:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, look at those idiots in that youtube vid.

They're not even that GOOD. They're not bad either, it's just...mediocre.

It would be neat if they did their own version of the song..maybe a techno version, or metal version. But it's just shitty rock.

01-11-2012 10:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They kinda look like hipsters, szo do you still have that grenade launcher and can I borrow it for...it won't take long.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-23-2012 5:28 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

While playing through MML2, X purposely lost on Nino Island while Glyde's fucking Birdbots attacked.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

That's some fucked up shit for a Megaman game

07-23-2012 6:57 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That was the bestest thing.

I still like the delivery of "Ready the Ultimate Glyde Buster."
07-23-2012 7:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Still not as messed up as the mengaman rp

Quote by Alizarin:

07-23-2012 8:26 PMLovelyRays is offline Search for Posts by LovelyRays Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Still not as messed up as the mengaman rp

The one where they're trying to find the daikatana or whichever? That one is gold.

Quote by Iron, who hit the jackpot:
You are actually a snake, and can take on a naga form at will, transforming your lower half to a snake tail. You are actually a raven, with black wings that can be displayed or hidden at will. You are actually a fox in human guise, and can display or hide your tail and ears at will. You are actually a spider, and can turn into a human-sized spider or grow six extra arms at will. You are actually a large predatory cat, and can display or hide the ears, tail, claws and teeth at will.

07-23-2012 9:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's messed up in a funny way, yes.
07-26-2012 1:45 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by SUP, BITCHES:
While playing through MML2, X purposely lost on Nino Island while Glyde's fucking Birdbots attacked.

Oh, he's not just in Misadventures of Tron Bonne?

In really need to play MML2 apparently.

Pages (26): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread