What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (25): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Megaman Thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-13-2012 1:06 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

While I've been indoctrinated to have the whole "bishonen" design aesthetic be appealing to me, when I first found out that Zero didn't have a cape - that was his hair - I was mortified.

To this day, I'm still amazed at how different the concept of "cool" is between American and Japanese audiences. Of course, a lot of characteristics overlap, but the differences are like night and day, sometimes.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-13-2012 7:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A cape? Huh, never saw it that way. Just totally thought he was a chick

Moose: I wonder how many trannies were created from Chun-Li players losing to Guile.

08-13-2012 8:51 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So did I for a bit, then I realized what was going on when I saw his death pose.
08-13-2012 9:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Deus Ex Machina:
So did I for a bit, then I realized what was going on when I saw his death pose.

....that he has tits?

Moose: I wonder how many trannies were created from Chun-Li players losing to Guile.

08-13-2012 11:23 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
While I've been indoctrinated to have the whole "bishonen" design aesthetic be appealing to me, when I first found out that Zero didn't have a cape - that was his hair - I was mortified.

To this day, I'm still amazed at how different the concept of "cool" is between American and Japanese audiences. Of course, a lot of characteristics overlap, but the differences are like night and day, sometimes.

I still kinda hold a grudge about that, mostly because FF12 was originally designed for Basch being the main character, but they had to shove Vaan in because Basch didn't rate well as the main character.

Ah well!
08-14-2012 12:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's like how Nintendo made Link bishie to sell games, and unfortunately it worked

I hate bishie Link

i like WW Link and oldschool badass Link

08-18-2012 8:40 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

LttP Link was best Link.
08-19-2012 2:05 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

LttP Link looked like an ordinary teenager... albeit with pointy ears. His sprite had purple hair, though. Weird.

I'm a fan of Skyward Sword Link, myself.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-19-2012 11:51 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

windwaker link is the best

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-19-2012 11:52 PMD is offline Send an Email to D Search for Posts by D Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

going to be a megaman rpg for the iphone.

not sure if it's been mentioned but thought you'd like to know.

08-20-2012 12:00 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Regular MegaMan, or X?
08-20-2012 12:47 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Both, actually

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

08-21-2012 7:27 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by D:
iphone.

Shits given = 0
08-21-2012 8:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Agreed with Moose for once.
10-03-2012 4:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Does anyone know where I could either watch an X8 playthrough without a mouthbreather talking over it, or read the entire most-likely-balls-stupid plot for myself?

10-03-2012 9:55 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Megaman X8 [Part 1] So many copies of Sigma!

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

10-05-2012 2:31 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WHy not just play it? I have the PC version...
10-05-2012 5:14 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The jellyfish level

That's why

10-06-2012 10:51 PMKrash is offline Send an Email to Krash Search for Posts by Krash Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I bought the Megaman X collection the other day. I've yet to play it since I packed the PS2 up the same day. Hopefully the games after X4 are as fun as the first three. If not, eh, waste not want not.

Since I'm moving out, I might actually take a valid shot at playing Command Mission instead of "Oh, this is a thing I that I have now." Any thoughts on that?

10-06-2012 10:59 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Krash:
I bought the Megaman X collection the other day. I've yet to play it since I packed the PS2 up the same day. Hopefully the games after X4 are as fun as the first three. If not, eh, waste not want not?

That was my dream too, I was dead wrong. Shit got weird.

Pages (25): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » The Megaman Thread