What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » 2013 Oscars: It's happening again» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2013 Oscars: It's happening again
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-24-2013 11:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wait Ray Bradbury and Ralph McQuarrie died in the past year?

...Huh, I apparently missed both of those things happening.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

02-24-2013 11:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Cherry Bliss:
I don't like fantasy crap (fucking ELVES) but I really liked Lotr and Hobbit

Also
Quote:
Although he is on medication (which he doesn't take because of the way it makes him feel) and has mandatory therapy sessions, Pat Jr. feels like he can manage on the outside solely by healthy living and looking for the "silver linings" in his life. His goals are to get his old job back as a substitute teacher, but more importantly reunite with Nikki. He finds there are certain instances where he doesn't cope well, however no less so than some others who have never been institutionalized, such as his Philadelphia Eagles obsessed OCD father who has resorted to being a bookie to earn a living, his best friend Ronnie who quietly seethes over the control wielded by his wife Veronica, and Veronica's widowed sister, Tiffany Maxwell, a recovering sex addict. In their fragile mental states, Pat Jr. and Tiffany embark on a love/hate friendship based primarily on what help the other can provide in achieving their individual goals. But they may reevaluate their goals as their relationship progresses.

Fuck this movie

Good, whoever "wrote" this (and I'm still not convinced my "mad libs" theory is wrong) lost to Argo

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

02-24-2013 11:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Kathryn Bigelow wasn't even NOMINATED for best director? Is this officially now some kind of Stalin-esque "disappear it from history, it isn't convenient to the narrative" deal with Zero Dark Thirty? Also I kind of figured Spielberg would at least be in there..

Either way Ang Lee got it but.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-24-2013 11:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Jessica Chastain lost.

Grab the torches, tonight we burn hollywood.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-24-2013 11:56 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And Argo ends up taking it after all.

(I'm still up for burning hollywood though, but I mean..well, I generally am)

Quote by Alizarin:

02-25-2013 12:57 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
And that anamatronic robot standing next to the CGI bear was...Oh wait, no that was just Marky Mark.

How dare the Academy snub The Funky Bunch

Chris Rock: I'm severely overrated. I'm just above a hack. That should be the name of my new DVD: 'Chris Rock: Slightly Above Hack'.

02-25-2013 1:04 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because this was a thing, here is mark wahlberg negotiating with a plastic tree

Quote by Alizarin:

02-25-2013 3:10 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Kathryn Bigelow wasn't even NOMINATED for best director? Is this officially now some kind of Stalin-esque "disappear it from history, it isn't convenient to the narrative" deal with Zero Dark Thirty? Also I kind of figured Spielberg would at least be in there..

What did Ang Lee get it for?

Was Zero Dark Thirty nominated for ANYTHING? Everything implied it ruled.
02-25-2013 4:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:
Quote by Sharp:

What did Ang Lee get it for?

Was Zero Dark Thirty nominated for ANYTHING? Everything implied it ruled.

Life of Pi which I didn't see and I've never read the novel. (I do, however recall once hearing m night shyamalan's name attatched to it way before ang lee was so...they definately traded up on that one)

Zero Dark Thirty was nominated for best picture, best actress for jessica chastain (aka the reason I loudly yelled "FUCK THAT NOISE" when jennifer lawrence in her hideous dress tripped her way on stage to receive it), best screenplay, and best sound editing.

I remember the last one because it was a tie with Skyfall and I don't remember seeing two awards be given out before off the top of my head.

And you heard correctly about it ruling.

Quote by Alizarin:

02-25-2013 6:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Life of Pi looks stupid as fuck. A CG tiger with a guy on a boat in the ocean?

Chris Rock: I'm severely overrated. I'm just above a hack. That should be the name of my new DVD: 'Chris Rock: Slightly Above Hack'.

02-25-2013 7:18 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it won...something having to do with cinematography and I was kind of going "yeah but wasn't it mostly cg..." but I'm still not enormously big on using loads of cg just as kind of a gut reaction (I guess they kind of had to)

Quote by Alizarin:

02-26-2013 3:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A lot of dudes are obsessed with CG for... some reason. Technology fetishism?
02-26-2013 3:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's easier to just run shit through a computer was the theory I'd been operating under.

Or it seems like laziness has to somehow be involved here.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-01-2013 12:52 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay I probably should go see that recent remake of Les Mis that Anne Hathaway got that oscar for

I heard the version of "do you hear the people sing" (the one about the French Revolution, and pretty much the only part of that musical I'm familiar with) and it was pretty good so...alright yeah I'm down with that then.

...I noticed they didn't have them singing that during the part where they all did some rendition of a song from it, probably the academy figured lyrics like "singing the song of angry men, it is the music of a people who will not be slaves again" or "the blood of the martyrs will water the meadows of France" would seem upsetting ;_;

It should be, but the members of the academy are primarily old and rich and desperate to keep it

Quote by Alizarin:

01-16-2014 11:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

nominations came out, thoughts?

01-17-2014 8:45 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The only mildly surprising thing is that coen brothers movie wasn't on there just based off everything I'd heard, it seemed like the sort of thing that'd get thrown in there somehow.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2014 12:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Franziska von Karma:
nominations came out, thoughts?

Flatus expels from anus.
01-17-2014 12:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah my overall reaction was "bored"

Quote by Alizarin:

01-17-2014 2:26 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gravity for best picture though??
?
Weird thing for me is that i'm pretty sure I've heard all these movies mentioned. Usually there's some movie on the list that I've never heard of.

02-24-2016 5:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh right...this still exists.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » 2013 Oscars: It's happening again