What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » 2013 Oscars: It's happening again» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2013 Oscars: It's happening again
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
02-22-2013 6:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Is it really that simple in regards to Zero Dark Thirty? Wasn't Sigourney Weaver awarded Best Actress for Ripley in Alien?

I mean yeah, your overall message is basically right (that the left nowadays is insane), but I'm not sure about that bit.

My money was on Les Miserables for Best Picture, simply because it's an adaptation of that French play.

I have never heard of Silver Linings' Playbook. Is the guy autistic or what?
02-22-2013 6:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well... bipolar people certainly can land girlfriends.

Let's not pull punches though: it's fucking rare they land a "hot" one, and they tend to not stick around.
02-22-2013 8:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So why the hell is The Hobbit rated so badly?
02-22-2013 8:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Quote by Pearly Gates:

Because Peter Jackson is splitting it into three movies and I believe he's cramming shit from the silmarillion into it because he's an obsessive Tolkein fanboy and enjoys the opportunity to film in New Zealand.

Say what? As far as I can tell he didn't cram jack crap from Silmarrillion into it!
02-23-2013 5:26 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Quote by Pearly Gates:
Quote by Sharp:
Quote by Pearly Gates:

Because Peter Jackson is splitting it into three movies and I believe he's cramming shit from the silmarillion into it because he's an obsessive Tolkein fanboy and enjoys the opportunity to film in New Zealand.

Say what? As far as I can tell he didn't cram jack crap from Silmarrillion into it!

I...thought? Wait did you read it? I thought that shit about "the lich" or whatever was from there.

You mean the Necromancer.

It's never made quite clear, but the Necromancer they keep talking about is Sauron himself. He's being a dick and playing a shell game.
02-23-2013 5:51 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah, it did happen in the Hobbit.
02-25-2013 3:10 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Kathryn Bigelow wasn't even NOMINATED for best director? Is this officially now some kind of Stalin-esque "disappear it from history, it isn't convenient to the narrative" deal with Zero Dark Thirty? Also I kind of figured Spielberg would at least be in there..

Either way Ang Lee got it but.

What did Ang Lee get it for?

Was Zero Dark Thirty nominated for ANYTHING? Everything implied it ruled.
02-26-2013 3:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A lot of dudes are obsessed with CG for... some reason. Technology fetishism?
01-17-2014 12:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Franziska von Karma:
nominations came out, thoughts?

Flatus expels from anus.
02-24-2016 5:53 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

One more thing President Trump will dismantle?
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » 2013 Oscars: It's happening again