What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lets Just Be honest» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lets Just Be honest
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-05-2013 10:40 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

no disrespect to michael jackson, but madonna is the TRUE king of pop, and the only thing keeping her from having the title is the lack of a phallus. mj stopped being releveant and became little more than a punchline in the latter days of his career. had he not died, everyone would have thought he was still just some weird pedarest

since being established, madonna has been constitently relevant to the world of pop and always will be

because, baby, shes the king I rock.

discuss

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-05-2013 11:25 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote:
stopped being releveant and became little more than a punchline in the latter days of his career.

Wait which one are we talking about here

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-06-2013 4:06 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ladies and gentlemen, as usual sharp knows nothing about music, HINGA DINNGA DURGEN.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-06-2013 5:36 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...So you're saying Madonna needs a sex change?

No really.
03-06-2013 9:44 AMIron Savior is offline Send an Email to Iron Savior Search for Posts by Iron Savior Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think he's just saying that the only reason she's not "king" is the formality that kings must be men.

Blue Öyster Cult - E.T.I.

03-06-2013 2:07 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Iron Savior:
I think he's just saying that the only reason she's not "king" is the formality that kings must be men.

this

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-06-2013 4:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Cpt. Badass:
ladies and gentlemen, as usual sharp knows nothing about music, HINGA DINNGA DURGEN.

Your saying madonna isn't considered, by and large, a walking punchline/botulism toxin repository (well it'd be less a botox joke, and more either a kaballah/why is she british now joke most of the time)

Yeah no that is the general consensus. Like its independent of your central thesis anyway which I wasn't disputing. Particularly not the death thing, not that thats uncommon but it was particularly striking in that case.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-06-2013 7:38 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well yeah, anything that comes out of her mouth that isn't singing sucks, what else is new?
03-07-2013 12:40 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

um yeah dude madonna's albums still sell very well and shes successfully reinvented herself multiple times during her career

the only thing that could have brought michael jackson back to relevancy was his death.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-07-2013 12:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh this was a sales thing.

The criteria seemed vague, alright then.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-08-2013 4:20 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Madonna's songs are generally just better as well. I dunno. I have her music and not MJs on my Sansa.

ps I am not saying he's terrible, he has some really catchy stuff, just I prefer Madonna

Schwarzenegger: "I'll be back" always sounded a little girly to me.

03-08-2013 5:41 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Eh. I just dislike Madonna as a person.
03-08-2013 7:41 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Pearly Gates:
Eh. I just dislike Madonna as a person.

Didn't she produce some (apparently godawful) biopic of wallace simpson that depicted her as "misunderstood" instead of..you know, a fascist sympathizing social climber whore.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-08-2013 8:38 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Cherry Bliss:
Madonna's songs are generally just better as well. I dunno. I have her music and not MJs on my Sansa.

ps I am not saying he's terrible, he has some really catchy stuff, just I prefer Madonna

what do you have

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

03-09-2013 2:21 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lucky Star
Borderline
Like a Virgin
Material Girl
Into the Groove
Dress You Up
Papa Don't Preach
Open Your Heart
La Isla Bonita
Spotlight
Like A Prayer
Vogue
Material Girl
Who's That Girl

I don't venture into anything past the early 90s with her Laughing Out Loud I grew up when her vids of Ray of Light and Frozen were on MTV...man were they crap songs

03-09-2013 10:50 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i acyually have all of her albums except her newest on my iPod

the boxset was cheap Ninja!

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-06-2013 8:51 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There was another song I heard of hers recently that I liked, I forgot what it was called though Frown

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Lets Just Be honest