What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Bubbles of pure madness: Gravity Falls thread» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bubbles of pure madness: Gravity Falls thread
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-27-2013 3:24 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

We didn't have one, so I made one!

Rules of the thread

-If you mention "pinecest" I will hunt you down, and make you watch as I kill everyone you love before finishing with you. Keep that weird shit to the horsey cartoon.

Otherwise it is a fun show, here is a silent hill/gravity falls thing.

Season finale is next week, because they air it at weird intervals.

There is a secret history of the world. WADDLES EXISTS.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-27-2013 10:42 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Keep that weird shit to the horsey cartoon.

Or, you know,

don't.

Harry S Truman: Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.

07-27-2013 11:18 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yep. I sold pone out.

Sorry, I'm unpredictable like that.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-27-2013 2:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bit late there.
07-27-2013 8:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Traffic was a nightmare?

Anyway, as they say "better late than never".

We needed a gravity falls thread, and god help me I am doing that.

edit: Ironically I will be busy when the finale is on. Nobody spoil if gideon gets shot at that gas station on route 17 oh wait no I'm thinking of the final episode of the sopranos.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-29-2013 3:51 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Our on Demand refuses to give us new episodes.
07-29-2013 6:13 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah Comcast also never seems to really have a lot of it on demand.

Also I don't ever use on demand because..well I went over this, I had that weird fucking issue when I tried watching an episode of "Veep".

Also I need to try and figure out like...I think I have a DVR but I'm not sure (there is some show on sundance channel I kinda wanna see but probably won't watch when its on, cause only my one room gets all the digital channels, it's about like..writing teams on shows, and they are interviewing the people who write "breaking bad" and I'm interested to see that. Maybe they'll repeat it though.)

Quote by Alizarin:

07-29-2013 12:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Check if you have a DVR?
08-02-2013 9:55 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

huh, comcast didn't leak it for once seemingly..maybe they put it on demand (haha probably no, come on youtube do your job)

edit: Oh snap then next week the last episodes of breaking bad start airing. That's good timing somehow.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-03-2013 11:52 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That show will finally be over? Thank God.
08-03-2013 9:19 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My understanding is the creator was pretty adamant that it was only to go five seasons because they more or less had a definite endgame in mind.

I can understand your aversion kinda, now that it's in the last season people are pulling "IT'S BETTER THAN ANYTHING EVER!!1" card and making like..sorta bullshit comparisons.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show and I think it's an excellent series, one of the best I've seen. But I'm not gonna start claiming it's perfection incarnate and everyone must watch it and all television has hit its pinnacle. I like other shows too.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-05-2013 2:21 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by OrgaSam:
Quote by Sharp:
Keep that weird shit to the horsey cartoon.

Or, you know,

don't.

I find the incest fanfic crowd way more disturbing with this show, for reasons I explained elsewhere.

But yeah also don't...in fact can nobody write freaky-ass fanfic? About anything? Just in general, nobody do it. New Rule as they would say on real time with bill maher.

I dunno why I phrased it like that. It seems easier to just try and contain it to bronies since we all know..all too well..their madness. But yeah it's everywhere.

But not in this thread! This is a happy thread!

Quote by Alizarin:

08-21-2013 6:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

WARNING. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. MAJOR DIMENSIONAL BREACH. THE FOLLOWING POST CONTAINS REDDIT. DUCK AND COVER UNTIL REALITY HAS BEEN RESTORED.

I am Alex Hirsch, creator of Gravity Falls. Ask me anything! : gravityfalls

-The entire show WILL take place within the course of one summer.

-Season 2 will feature flashbacks to before dipper and mabel went to gravity falls.

-Season 2 is about a year off, but apparently the "bill cipher" demon whatever is coming back again.

COUNTERMEASURES ACTIVATED. THE OFFICE OF INTERNAL DOTTLE SECURITY THANKS THE SURVIVORS FOR THEIR COMPLIANCE. WE NOW RETURN TO REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-22-2013 3:00 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It doesn't honestly feel like one summer though.

Grunkle Stan seems too attached to the kids, basically. It feels more like it's been a year.
08-22-2013 3:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Batter:
It doesn't honestly feel like one summer though.

Grunkle Stan seems too attached to the kids, basically. It feels more like it's been a year.

Sparing you the horror of having to click a reddit link (I deserve hazard pay probably, I'll settle for DENTAL PLAN)

The way it was explained is the show is loosely based on the creators summers as a kid, which in his words, "felt endless". So it isn't..really..chronologically oriented.

The grunkle stan stuff also kind of makes sense, it's been established dipper reminds him of himself as a kid, also there are implications he might be more than he seems, particularly the end of the season finale.

That seemed like the biggest revelation frankly, the "bill cipher" stuff is apparently coming back, so yes there is an overarching plot it seems. I figured there was, if you look at the very end of the end credits on each episode there is a cryptogram.

No honestly, people translated them.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-22-2013 9:06 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Haven't seen the Season Finale.

That said, it's all been pretty obvious Stan knows something and probably owns the last book. You could call it that something was up with him from the first episode with him sneaking around, and Gideon having his own book sealed the deal.
08-30-2013 3:28 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Orchestral type cover of the opening theme, because why not?

edit: O snap the comic-con panel seemed AWESOMMEEE. I'm just starting to watch it, but they seemingly gave people dipper hats! I need a new hat, my NPS Volunteer baseball cap was in the trunk of a car and I think bleach or a bottle of wiper fluid got on it, cause its got this weird whitish stain.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-31-2013 2:08 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd use a Dipper hat...
08-31-2013 3:03 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I totally should have a dipper hat.

As a kid I was obsessed with reading about conspiracy theories and paranormal shit, and had this awful tendency of making passes at slightly older chicks who weren't interested. Also I like redheads.

Ditch the sister part and I can totally relate.

Quote by Alizarin:

09-01-2013 2:45 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Only slightly older?
Pages (18): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Bubbles of pure madness: Gravity Falls thread