What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-05-2013 10:20 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Uboa:
Quote by OrgaSam:
Well, that describes Patient and myself, but not everyone who plays vidya

High five?

Up top.

Mel Brooks: Everything we do in life is based on fear, especially love.

08-05-2013 7:58 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've always been a solo player myself and don't have a lot of time for this social gaming tomfoolery but it's clear that everybody wants a slice of the Farmville cake. And no, I'm not going to ask random people to be my 'friend' just so I can get some achievement in whatever batshit insane universe you want me to occupy. In short, fuck off with that kind of bullshit.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

08-06-2013 2:47 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Achievements are aggravating, aren't they?
08-06-2013 3:29 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I find achievements sorta amusing in a dumb way, like when it pops up randomly.

But I never understood people who specifically try for them. I mean if something pops up "Achievement unlocked! You killed (x number of zombies in killing floor, or y number of some enemy in tsw, or did something in new vegas)" I kinda just go "Huh, neat I guess" and then just keep vidjyaing.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-06-2013 4:24 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I saw this and died a lot on the inside, but at the same time it's Capcom. They're making a lot of really strange choices lately while solidifying what is already good.

Also hilarious note, apparently the HD remake of Revelations sold nowhere near as much as RE6. I just find that funny considering everyone and their mother swore it'd sell leagues better.
08-06-2013 8:10 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And it'll only justify Resident Evil's shift further toward action-horror in the eyes of the moneymen.

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

08-07-2013 12:50 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll keep saying it until my ears turn blue: RE4 was already starting that, and everyone was stupid to assume that they wouldn't emulate that in every single way possible.

Besides that, RE6 actually feels like it's worth it. But I'm also interested in Mikami's new IP anyway that looks very survival horror-y.
08-07-2013 3:03 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's funny when you look back on how much acclaim Resident Evil 4 was getting when you realise that Capcom had been thinking about refreshing the series prior to all the side stuff that stuck with what was beginning to be old hat.

Motherfuckers just don't know any better.

Quote:

Quote:

08-07-2013 4:44 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It worked, you have to admit.
08-07-2013 5:07 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Resident Evil 4 being, y'know, an excellent game to play also helped. A new direction isn't going to last if it's shit.

Quote:

Quote:

08-07-2013 7:26 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

RE6 was great. It had it's fair share of problems, but it was one of my favorite games of 2012. The hatred for it is way overblown...

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-07-2013 9:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Manchester Devil:
It's funny when you look back on how much acclaim Resident Evil 4 was getting when you realise that Capcom had been thinking about refreshing the series prior to all the side stuff that stuck with what was beginning to be old hat.

Motherfuckers just don't know any better.

Well they already were sort of doing that with the gamecube remake (or the "cirmson head" mechanic, at least)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-07-2013 9:38 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
RE6 was great. It had it's fair share of problems, but it was one of my favorite games of 2012. The hatred for it is way overblown...

My only immediate problems with it was making Chris and Peirs Nubbins very action heavy but giving you NO FLIPPING AMMO.

And way too much lead on the skills, it's actually fucking nuts how much faster certain fights are with firearm damage upgrades. I was expecting a little boost, but there's a huge difference.
08-07-2013 9:46 PMSZO is offline Send an Email to SZO Homepage of SZO Search for Posts by SZO Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Ammo? Beefcake Redfield has guns that didn't require ammo.
08-09-2013 5:09 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't the coop good?
08-09-2013 6:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

inb4heh

Quote by Alizarin:

08-09-2013 9:47 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by SZO:
Ammo? Beefcake Redfield has guns that didn't require ammo.

Shoewesome

08-09-2013 10:23 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Batter:
Wasn't the coop good?

Co-Op was amazing and Mercenaries was probably the best I ever played, yes.

Also +1 to Airforce, joke never gets old.
08-10-2013 10:22 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

...I finally got the joke!
08-13-2013 4:03 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:

That series is just....I don't know where it is going.

Umbrella is gone, RE4 kills it off by mentioning a congressional hearing. Wesker apparently dies in RE5, finally, after being made some 11 HERBS AND SPICES magic-dude.

So...what are you even shooting at now? Is it a virus, or the plagas parasite, or what is even going on.

Also did they ever explain resident evil 0, because it seems hilarious that the medic chick technically has more experience than anybody when she is depicted as being terrified in RE1.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)