What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-13-2013 10:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The Wesker Children. There's more Weskers.
08-13-2013 10:51 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by The Batter:
The Wesker Children. There's more Weskers.

Sooo..it just ripped off the plot of metal gear solid?

Clones and such.

I miss when you were shooting zombies.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-13-2013 11:36 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also I gotta say, I fucking loved the ps2 version of RE4.

Just, in general, but I liked the extra scenario where you play as ada. At one poiint you infiltrate a battleship, fire cannons at cultists, then blow it up I think.

Every single part of that is baller. I think a grappling hook is also involved at one point.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-14-2013 2:51 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:

Just, in general, but I liked the extra scenario where you play as ada. At one poiint you infiltrate a battleship, fire cannons at cultists, then blow it up I think.

Every single part of that is baller. I think a grappling hook is also involved at one point.

Yeah, the extras were awesome. Too bad the graphics took a hit, though. This is why the Wii/HD versions are the best, because they have the Gamecube graphics and the PS2 extras.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-14-2013 5:57 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even have the GC controls.
08-14-2013 10:26 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
Quote by Sharp:

Yeah, the extras were awesome. Too bad the graphics took a hit, though. This is why the Wii/HD versions are the best, because they have the Gamecube graphics and the PS2 extras.

Eh, I'm not huge on graphics. Like as long as its fun I kinda don't concern myself with how good the graphics are.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-19-2013 7:26 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Going from GC version to PS2 version is like playing a game with mud in your eye, I'm pretty indifferent to graphics myself. But the port difference graphically was pretty damn striking, if I had played the PS2 version first it probably wouldn't have mattered.
08-19-2013 7:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You want a shitty port, try the PC version. Woo boy.
08-19-2013 9:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Diglett:
Going from GC version to PS2 version is like playing a game with mud in your eye, I'm pretty indifferent to graphics myself. But the port difference graphically was pretty damn striking, if I had played the PS2 version first it probably wouldn't have mattered.

I played the GC version precisely once when I was over at somebodys house, and they all had hooked up their computers to play stuff, and they got to a game I don't like. So I was just "hey is it cool if I try re4 on that GC of yours over there". CV:X hadn't even been confirmed yet.

And I only played mercenaries really cause I didn't wanna botch up one of their saves.

So I didn't really notice.

Quote:
You want a shitty port, try the PC version. Woo boy.

Yeah didn't they screw everything up on that, the targeting was like impossible?

Quote by Alizarin:

08-20-2013 7:23 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The graphics were also shit.
08-20-2013 12:14 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I wasn't sure but I thought I remembered hearing that, they didn't port the engine over right or..something and the graphics were even WORSE than the ps2.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-23-2013 5:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
RE6 was great. It had it's fair share of problems, but it was one of my favorite games of 2012. The hatred for it is way overblown...

Was Operation: Raccoon City any good?

Quote by Alizarin:

08-24-2013 1:23 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharp:
Quote by Freeze:
RE6 was great. It had it's fair share of problems, but it was one of my favorite games of 2012. The hatred for it is way overblown...

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I didn't actually play it, but I have not heard good things about this game from anyone, not just the general internet. Friends, die hard RE fans, apologists who normally defend the underdog games, etc. Nobody liked it.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-24-2013 1:27 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Freeze:
Quote by Sharp:
Quote by Freeze:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I didn't actually play it, but I have not heard good things about this game from anyone, not just the general internet. Friends, die hard RE fans, apologists who normally defend the underdog games, etc. Nobody liked it.

Yeah that seems consistent with just...everything I've heard.

I figured I'd check on the off, off, totally off chance it didn't suck.

Quote by Alizarin:

08-24-2013 11:37 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I really didn't want it to be a bad game, either. The concept is actually really cool.

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

08-24-2013 3:07 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah when I first heard about it I kinda thought it seemed neat.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-22-2014 7:21 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Apparently some HD remastered version of RE4 is heading to the PC soon, so maybe there will be a good RE4 PC port now.
01-22-2014 8:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, if there's one good thing RE4 PC did, it was show Capcom they needed better PC ports.
01-23-2014 2:07 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

why couldnt they just make bof vi on the 3ds instead

its where jrpgs should go

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-23-2014 3:10 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

IOS is seen as the new big handheld market.
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Capcom Legally Stabs Us In The Throat (Bof 6)