What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Why is it in vogue to hate the Beatles?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why is it in vogue to hate the Beatles?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-07-2014 11:40 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, seriousky. I see it all over the internet.

How could someone hate the Beatles? They did fucking techno even. They have something for everyone.

Dali: Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them.

11-07-2014 2:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Because the internet hates everybody older than them (seriousky, every complaint you hear invariably digresses into some rant about their family). They want to be special, they want to hold on to this delusion, and so they just throw everything under the bus and try to pretend modernity, and by extension, they are superior in all ways to everything ever.

In their binary system of judging things, the beatles = "eww, old, ergo bad".

TL;DR. They are desperate cretins who probably need therapy...spoiler alert internet: nobody cares about your family problems and I'm dreading thanksgiving because the whole internet will just be bitching about thanksgiving dinners for like two weeks.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

11-07-2014 4:41 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm personally indifferent to The Beatles, that doesn't mean I hate the songs though. There's never really been a time where I'm like 'Turn that Beatles shit down', but I don't actively look for the music. I've never really had any reason to dislike ANYTHING I've heard from them.

So I'm in the middle crowd, I'm not crazy about the Beatles, but I've never hated a song I've heard from them. It's different, it's catchy.
11-08-2014 10:55 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bill Maher (I know, I know..) went off on a good rant about this sort of thing. This current generation has an absolutely unwarranted sense of being special and wonderful and keeps putting down "OLD STUFF". The example he used was larry king being replaced by piers morgan.

People are already upset. "Ooooh, he said negative things about PWECIOUS ISWAM" and "OOOH HE SAID SOMETHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ~MILLENNIALS~". You know what? I'm part of this generation...I would butcher one of you like a hog before I joined your little crusade of "OLD IS BAD, YAAAYYY MEEE". Fuck your egomaniac terror of linear time. Your attempt at culture is pathetic and laughable. You aren't special, your parents were lying.

Quote:
I'm personally indifferent to The Beatles

No you aren't, probably everything you like owes a debt to them indirectly.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2014 2:13 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

everyone has always loved the beatles since forever so no shitheads probably think it sets them apart to hate on them

the beatles are fantastic and if you don't realize that, you're wrong~

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

11-09-2014 9:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Perfect Cell:
the beatles are fantastic and if you don't realize that, you're wrong~

On a scale of one to ten, with 10 representing metaphysical certitude, that statement is like 11 or possibly 11.5

Quote by Alizarin:

11-09-2014 2:02 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can see not "getting into" the Beatles or it not being "your thing" but outright hating them? No way. You're just trying to be edgy, "unique", special

Dali: Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them.

11-11-2014 5:17 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Diglett:
I'm personally indifferent to The Beatles, that doesn't mean I hate the songs though. There's never really been a time where I'm like 'Turn that Beatles shit down', but I don't actively look for the music. I've never really had any reason to dislike ANYTHING I've heard from them.

So I'm in the middle crowd, I'm not crazy about the Beatles, but I've never hated a song I've heard from them. It's different, it's catchy.

This. WHY YOU GOTTA KNOW MY FEELS MAN?

Although also things like this that tell me I should be liking something I'm whatever about will almost always have the opposite effect on me as well. It's how I've gone from indifference to active dislike on many topics.

11-11-2014 6:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm not telling you to like the Beatles. I am asking why the internet in general hates them. Nowhere did I tell you to like them.

11-11-2014 7:10 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Personally, I haven't listened to a song from The Beatles at all (or if I had, I wouldn't be any the wiser). Not out of malice, or even indifference. Hell, this isn't even under a misguided sense of being edgy.

Of course, there is a lot of popular stuff I don't have so The Beatles aren't the only ones absent from my music collection. Again, not out of malice, indifference or edginess. Not including some stuff my other half plays that I can see why people would listen like 'Power of Love' or 'The Time of Your Life' but it doesn't move me to go and buy myself a copy. Excluding some of the stuff that is truly shit like Aqua's 'Barbie Girl'. That is one of the first songs that shown me what true hatred is.

That all said, it may be the case of tipping a sacred cow because, let's face it - The Beatles are so well known and hailed as a classic band that there is the chance that some of these people would've listened to them and find the material a little underwhelming because everybody and their granny has built them up to be so omniscient and godlike in the world of music. Make of what you will.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

11-11-2014 7:56 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That wasn't directed at you milady, I had a friend who tried to hustle them at me back in the day.

11-11-2014 10:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I don't force music into people's faces, it's more background noise from being around me (generally) and they can pipe up if they like something. It's the way Chris does it.

11-12-2014 12:41 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

wait the internet hates the beatles now?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

11-12-2014 7:05 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You get enough people together and they turn into a whirling typhoon of aggressive jihad hatred over the dumbest shit imaginable.
11-12-2014 2:08 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Perfect Cell:

Not edgy and disruptive enough
11-12-2014 4:01 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Perfect Cell:

I've seen it a lot lately. There's a 7,000+ faved thing on Tumblr talking about how the Beatles AND the people who enjoy them are terrible

11-13-2014 11:45 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's a shock.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-18-2015 6:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My buds at college also expressed distaste of The Beatles and they are both 22 years old, so

07-18-2015 10:23 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They have bad taste (wait are they people in that club you are like the head of? KICK THEM OUT AS COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARIES. LIKE THE FRENCH REVOLUTION. THAT'D BE super hot FUNNY!)

Quote by Alizarin:

07-19-2015 12:10 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

they're likely just ignorant of the bigger picture and why the beatles are important

the beatles have a collection of good tunes, is it the best material ever made? no, not really, but it doesnt have to be for them to be regarded as they are

ignorant people dont see the bigger picture and they think that because it's not their taste and they're universally accepted as being great, that something is wrong

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Why is it in vogue to hate the Beatles?