What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Embarrassment» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Embarrassment
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
11-22-2017 11:43 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Windom Earle:
I dunno what the deal is with that whole industry but I'm just gonna blame the changeover to automated playlists just programmed with the garbage that hits the top of the charts, or at least somewhat.

Like, I remember they did that with WCBS-FM up in nyc for a while until it flopped.

If you go to Billboard and compare the current charts with say, charts from 1986 or 1995, you'll immediately see the problem.

March 15th 1995

Madonna - Take a Bow
Soul for Real - Candy Rain
TLC - Creep
Brandy - Baby
TLC - Red Light Special

November 22, 2017

Post Malone Featuring 21 Savage - Rockstar
Camila Cabello Featuring Young Thug - Havana
Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
Imagine Dragons - Thunder
Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)

The problem is that all the entries from 1995 nix possibly Soul for Real (probably a one hit wonder) are all talented people (ironically also all women!) who can actually sing.

The crap up there now are no-talent hacks that are "marketable". It enrages me so much

Patient: (bathroom door blew open while I was making a poopy earlier)

12-02-2017 11:18 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Struggler:
Now I can actually listen to that

Yeah postmodern jukebox does that.

They took a fucking miley cyrus song of all things and made it good by getting people turning it into doo-wop. No clue where the mad genius that came up with this is finding all of these people, but I am not going to question results.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-05-2019 6:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Running Gun Blues by Bowie

It's kind of hokey

Patient: (bathroom door blew open while I was making a poopy earlier)

Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Maestro - Music  » Embarrassment