What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » Therizinosaurus» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Therizinosaurus
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
12-07-2014 5:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why the hell does an herbivore need claws like this

I think he's got us all fooled

Groucho Marx: I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.

12-07-2014 6:09 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Herbivores always seemed shady.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

12-07-2014 6:50 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

To dig?
12-07-2014 6:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Moles have claws like that to dig, sure. But a 33 foot dinosaur? Why the hell would it need to go underground?

Groucho Marx: I read in the newspapers they are going to have 30 minutes of intellectual stuff on television every Monday from 7:30 to 8. to educate America. They couldn't educate America if they started at 6:30.

12-07-2014 7:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

My theory (my paleontologist credentials begin and end with the fact I believe I had a utahraptor t-shirt as a child) is it would have been useful to chop stuff to get at the leaves.

A cleaver like hand would be useful if one wanted the stuff at the top of a tree, or rapidly gather leaves with a slicing motion...wait did herbivores also eat the bark or wood? Or get the water from the trunk?

I mean, look at it, it kind of resembles a sickle, which is used for harvesting, sooooo...seems legit. Form follows function. And if it's 33 feet presumably the overall mass would be large, it'd have to eat a lot more presumably, so getting a lot would be necessary.

The central claw seems like it would be the utility part of the claw.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

12-08-2014 5:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay, I will take your theory on this, Paleontologist Sharp.

Thing is they're just found the arms and assume it was an herbivore.

12-09-2014 3:32 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Didn't a couple of them have pretty big claws.

Or I think I remember hearing that they can usually tell from the teeth, dunno if there's some similar deal with the claws too.

Quote by Alizarin:

12-09-2014 11:09 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

But they didn't find any teeth.

It's just a weird dinosaur because it has hugeass claws and it's like, how can something with those big arms and claws walk upright all the time

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » Therizinosaurus