What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Your favorite Zero type?
Sharp Zero. Poofy hair and katana plz 4 80.00%
Transitional Zero. X8 is pretty cool 1 20.00%
Smooth Zero. Chains and elves plz 0 0.00%
Total:5 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-09-2015 9:36 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You can vote for up to two Zeros.

Smooth Zero:

Sharp Zero:

He is the angry red one

Or the weird transitional form in X8, small-footed and semi-smooth, with a weak hair game:

I've always liked the original Zero with the ball-shoulderpads but always end up drawing the blocky shoulderpads because...mystery flavor.

X: I can draw a better swastika than that. It's just a bunch of straight lines!

01-09-2015 9:38 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno, the thin ponytail kinda grew on me on a practical level. but I did kind of miss the wild bush of hair. Then again, I found that the art style in X8 was generally okay, but I did miss the blocky look.
01-09-2015 9:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

POOOOOF
01-10-2015 9:39 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The best Zero:

Fuck his MMZ design. If the game looked like this, it would be 100 times better.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

01-10-2015 10:20 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Best Zero design for me is the X2-X6 (X7 can burn in hell on the grounds of being shit), especially when Sensei Seito does it. The Zerp series artist can burn in hell (as well) for that awful redesign. Not forgiving X8 for cutting holes in Alia's tops (because Capcom doesn't think that the average gamer knew what a pair of tits look like) or that nonsensical "We can go Maverick at will" speech.

I can laugh at dying a million times in video games but that speech made me throw my controller, that's not how free will works... at all... you imbecile!

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

01-10-2015 1:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think it was a poor translation, or just Lumine attempting to say "Maverick isn't insanity, it's just rebelling against THE MAN" the man being humans and the Mav Hunters

Which, that's pretty much what the non-infected Mavs are (and there have been several as far as I recall) rebels under a leader, or just deciding to be part of the whole Mav thing to further their own causes

Yes though, Axl is the worst character in the Megaman series I dare anyone to contest me on this, and the whole attempt at leading into X9 with "Does that mean I'll go crazy too?" BS was just a rehash of X worrying about his Mavness in X4, and it was dumb as hell, and I hate Axl

Also yeah the hilarious attempt at sexuality in X8 was a terrible move on Capcom's part. Layer's characterization also made me want to burn things. She looks to be a tough character, by her design (nix the underboob but lolcapcom) but the way she blushes about our favorite necrophiliac is absolutely disgusting. The fanboy reaction of Zero "getting close" to Layer just because he says "be my navigator" is also completely Durrrr....

So if Iron is a cashier at a store and I tell him "I'm going through your line", that means I have a crush on him I guess? Zero is literally just telling Layer "do your job", wtf.

01-10-2015 4:35 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Even if it was the result of a bad translation, it's still negated by the copy chip reploids all having Sigma's data coded into them. Oh yes Lumine, you sure showed the world that reploids can go "Maverick at will" when they have the data of somebody who is a sentient computer virus as a side order to their ability to transform into other reploids. I'm sure even Alia pointed out that the reploids aren't just like Sigma, they are Sigma because of this, ignoring the introduction FMV introducing the player to several Sigmas reverting to their original forms. Chekov's middle finger is ready and present.

Even after years had passed since I last played X8, that fucking speech beats the ruination of Alia's tops, the continued existence of Axl, Layer's stupid fucking fringe, Gigavolt Man-o-War's and Avalanche Yeti's levels and that Vile impersonator (the real deal rides in the armour, not stands on it) as the worst thing in X8; purely on the basis that it is stupid on so many levels.

I seriousky doubt we'll have a X9 but I cannot imagine Axl nicking one of X's sub-plots and running it into the ground. Capcom, if you're going to make more X series games, bring Gate back and over the course of three games make into the final boss he was meant to be. Speaking of Gate, I just imagined him saying to Zero "By the way, I've erected a wall of spikes just after the long drop into my lab. Have fun climbing, jackass.", with Zero yelling "That's bullshit man!" in response.

Quote:
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:

01-10-2015 5:29 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Gate is pretty fucking boss, not gonna lie. I've been meaning to doodle him up again. Fucking InafKING refusing to allow the new translation into the X collection.

I wonder if fanboys retrans'd X5?

01-10-2015 6:28 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, if anyone ought to be the first final boss in the X series not called Sigma it should've been Gate. Of course Capcom dropped a bollock by bringing a drunk Sigma out of the pub after Gate was defeated.

Quote:

Quote:

01-10-2015 7:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love Sigma but the shoehorn was dumb. He should have just showed up in the ending all DUN DUN somehow, but you don't actually fight him

01-10-2015 8:36 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'm going to be cliche and say I think his X1 design was the best too

his redesign when they brought him back was just abit too much

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-10-2015 8:45 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I think that's why I like Neo Sigs. So gaudy with wolverine claws. Cheap C4 chip effects with the wireframe dealies...so 90s.

01-11-2015 7:48 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Neo Sigma:
I love Sigma but the shoehorn was dumb. He should have just showed up in the ending all DUN DUN somehow, but you don't actually fight him

On the other hand, the OST literally calls the second form HELL SIGMA.

Which is a pretty boss name.
01-11-2015 10:48 AMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

"Fear my -" achoo! "Fear my - wait, let me blow my nose. Now, fear my -" ACHOO! "Goddamnit, now you bastard - fear my - ack". *Sigma dies courtesy of the Spanish Flu.* X6 didn't exactly help with his defeat end with a victory song and dance from X (or Zero). It's like the developers knew that shoehorning a drunk doesn't make for a good idea and so took the piss. That's the only way I can explain why Sigma was dragged out of the pub just to stop Gate from stealing the show. Only for Sigma to set himself on fire and die on the moon like a complete tosser, just so that gormless albino twat Lumine gets to play final boss.

Quote:

Quote:

01-11-2015 1:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You gotta admit Sigma's moon palace was boss as fuck though.

That was classic Sigma. Building a goddamn palace on the moon.

01-11-2015 3:59 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And what does Sigma do? Spoil it by turning up char-grilled with bits of lettuce stuck in places and taped a red beach ball to his gut. I'm even betting to say his horns are carrots painted to match the incinerated look. What kind of self-respecting villain would do that to himself? Not even Gary Glitter would do that and he's an immortal, whiny nihilistic loser.

Quote:

Quote:

01-11-2015 4:56 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love X4 to death, but this is the doofiest Sigma of all time:

And he kept switching between forms somehow.

On the same note, X6 is the worst incarnation of Sigma but has a pretty intimidating final form for him:

He was always evil, but this is like... in your face about it.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 01-11-2015 4:58 PM.

01-11-2015 5:56 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

honest question: why do you love X4? what is it about the game that you really like?

it'd be my least favorite in the series if X7 wasnt a massive pile of shit

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-11-2015 6:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I assume Freeze likes excessive loading times, consistently running right, mavericks dying as soon as you look at them, and animu that looks like it was drawn by a couple people off the street

OH OH

And X sounding exactly like a girl

What if I become one of the mavericks? What if I'm stranded away from Hunter Base with no feminine products?

01-11-2015 7:55 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I like the level design, maverick design, story, music, graphics, characters, anime cutscenes.

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp