What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Your favorite Zero type?
Sharp Zero. Poofy hair and katana plz 4 80.00%
Transitional Zero. X8 is pretty cool 1 20.00%
Smooth Zero. Chains and elves plz 0 0.00%
Total:5 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-12-2015 12:45 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

ok, but what is it about the level and maverick design that you like? what is it about the story and characters?

i absolutely hate the maverick design in X4, they all have terrible AI. like normally, yes, using the correct weapon makes the fight much easier but they don't even attempt any sort of pattern if you hit them with the right weapon. and while you could say well just don't use your weapons, i shouldnt have to not use my weapons in a megaman game

the story always felt out of place to me compared to the rest of the series, seemed like inafune wanking zero off to be more important than X and contradictory compared to the rest of the series, setting up X to be the one to turn maverick and be destroyed at Zero's hands. X5 is a much better sequel storywise to where X3 finished off

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-12-2015 12:49 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

btw you dont have to agree with me and i'm not trying to change your mind, i'm just laying out why i don't like X4 at all. i'm interested in hearing a more indepth reason why someone would actually like X4, because i know alot of people do and i dont understand it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-12-2015 12:51 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

the only thing about X4 I did like was double

double was pretty cool

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-12-2015 7:27 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's pretty obvious that anyone who likes X4 was like, 10 years old or less when playing it, so it's just nostalgia goggles.

It was made in 1997, same year as SPIKYHAIR BELTAN ZIPPERS and Symphony of the Night, two more games that nerds act like are God's gifts to mankind when they're not exactly very good (Sotn is a slight exception but once you think about it, it's just reused sprites and Super Metroid's map system, its plot was dreadful)

I used to like X4 myself, watching Moose play. Then I played it.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-13-2015 5:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Neo Sigma:
And X sounding exactly like a girl

But x is a guy, zero is the female robot.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-13-2015 5:40 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Magma Dragoon is one of the best designed mavericks in the series (Hadoken!), the music is great, the idea of Repliforce was much better and more interesting than either Doppler or the X-Hunters (although the way they were written as villains is admittedly laughably bad), it was the first time Zero was playable, and it may be on the easy side but the levels don't disappoint thematically. Spider's jungle, Walrus' ice zone, Owl's airship fortress... they're all visually interesting places to go. The voices aren't a problem in the JP release.

I can see why someone might not like it, but it is right up there along X1 as my absolute favorite in the series.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

01-13-2015 6:38 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Shun Akiyama:
Magma Dragoon is one of the best designed mavericks in the series (Hadoken!)

He is Akuma. Sensei/whoever was so shameless as to even give him Akuma's beads. I know the series is all about ripping people off, but I don't see how a "best design" could, once again, be a ripoff of a Capcom character.

Quote:
the music is great

Great how, exactly? The change from X3 to X4 was a severe drop in quality, which is sad considering the SNES was a less-capable system. Did X4 have CDMA music or PSX format? I guess it doesn't matter regardless since Mitsuda made excellent music with the PSX format, it can be done.

Quote:
the idea of Repliforce was much better and more interesting than either Doppler or the X-Hunters

The idea of Repliforce is good, but how well were they implemented? You saw them in one cutscene, saw General in one, and Colonel in one. Colonel fought Zero for no reason (read the sourcebook lol@@22!!!11), General was doing shady deals with Guy in Cape with Scars on his Face I Wonder Who That Could Be. They were shit villains too.

Quote:
it was the first time Zero was playable

I guess my brother has magical powers cause he played as him in X3, in the last levels no less

Quote:
they're all visually interesting places to go.

Yes, I can see X4's dark, mushy 1997 3D program models are more visually interesting than X5

I can even see that the animu in X4 is more visually stunning than X5s which, while not animu, was drawn by Sensei himself so it was on-point to character design

Quote:
The voices aren't a problem in the JP release.

99.9% of us didn't get this version.

Not saying X5 is great or anything, it has a lot of flaws. But that's honestly the problem with people who hail things like

- X4
- SPIKYHAIR BELTAN ZIPPERS
- Metallica
- SotN
- The third gen of pokemon (or hell, the first gen too)
- The original Star Trek
- Ocarina of Time

They don't go "yeah it's a shit thing now that I've matured and looked back on it, but I still love it" it's "this thing is still the BEST" "this thing is a LEGEND" "this thing is still a MASTERPIECE OF THE ART FORM"

No, it's pretty shitty all things considered. But just admit you like shit, it won't kill you, and what exactly is wrong with admitting you like something that's not so good?

Afraid someone will judge you? They're already judging you as an old fart cause you like some oldass game from 1997 anyway/you like an aging rock band that should have quit years ago/you are obsessed with Spock dicking Kirk. Afraid someone new won't be willing to enjoy your media? Who gives a flying fuck? If they're so strange as to not try something cause a person on the internet says it's shit but they love it, then whatevs.

Quote:
the story always felt out of place to me compared to the rest of the series, seemed like inafune wanking zero off to be more important than X

It's because they tried to add "drama" with Iris and Repliforce, I think. It was shoehorned in by jap developers that can't write for shit. And that was InafKINGs intention all along, he wanted Zero to be Megaman, so. It was always a FUCCCK YOU DAD CAPCOM thing, not so subtly giving Zero the best weapons, heralding him as the "cool" one.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-13-2015 10:06 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

gen ii has some really bad fans, too, and ocarina of time is one of the games I felt like mentioning from the same period that fans cling to as the best. pretty much every zelda made after it has been better, but gamers at large still hail it as the best

(i think ocarina is a pretty good game and if you dont, you either didnt play it when it was new or you just dont like 3D zelda)

i actually like doppler, he was seduced by Sigma's power and did something very foolish. repliforce just.. kinda reacted stupidly to a situation that they could have i dunno, talked themselves out of

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-13-2015 10:08 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

though i do agree about X1. imo it's easily the strongest entry in the series and amongst the best megaman games made period

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-13-2015 10:09 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

morph moth. i hate moths but now there was an awesomely designed maverick concept

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

01-14-2015 3:26 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Neo Sigma:
Longass post about having a better opinion, then

No, it's pretty shitty all things considered. But just admit you like shit, it won't kill you, and what exactly is wrong with admitting you like something that's not so good?

Afraid someone will judge you?

Or I just, you know, legitimately like the game and think it's good? It's not an objectively bad game.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 01-14-2015 3:27 PM.

01-14-2015 4:23 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

At least I can admit the MM series as a whole is pretty shit (it's just a ripoff of Casshern by far) and am not living in some fantasy land where stuff is only amazing since I played it when I was 5, 10, whatever.

I am the first in line to tell you that Chrono Trigger has a lot of flaws yet I wear a hoodie with Lavos on it. The "magic" is still there when I play it. But I don't go YOU MUST PLAY THIS!111 to everyone. I don't say how impressive it is, how it's sooooo amaaaazing.

Because it's not. For 199...5? it was impressive, I guess. Seems generally better than what was out there at the time. It takes balls to admit you can view things objectively.

Even with DP, I fucking love that game. But the controls are pretty lackluster and the button-mashing cutscenes (whatever they're called) are annoying as fuck.

Whatevs, I'm not a fanboy so I don't get along with fanboys and don't understand their logic. That's the sum of it.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-14-2015 5:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Neo Sigma:
Even with DP, I fucking love that game. But the controls are pretty lackluster and the button-mashing cutscenes (whatever they're called) are annoying as fuck.

"quick time events", probably why I haven't gotten around to finishing it because I'll never understand why those were a thing for a while (re4 was pretty fucking bad with these, I've heard "I DIED IN THE CRASH, IS THAT WHAT THEY TOLD YOU" way too many goddamn times)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2015 6:53 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

QTEs are a sign that the Sega Mega CD simply refused to die when those things were all the rage. And I've played my share of Mega CD titles.

Seriousky though, Inafune Sigma wanted to have both the Maverick Hunters and Repliforce to be down each others throats while he goes trick or treating. Unfortunately for him, there's no reason for either side to do so, even after Akuma Magma Dragoon drops Sky Lagoon from the sky like a sack of potatoes. So whoever wrote X4's script decided on making Repliforce act like complete bloodthirsty morons with a hardon for war. Double pointing out both sides being idiots doesn't help X4 either. General tells Sigma to fuck off to the Halloween party he was supposed to attend yet fold like a cheap suit whenever Colonel starts sabre rattling, all because Colonel got mad when X or Zero asked if he can come in for questioning. Who the hell wears the trousers between Colonel and General?

And Inafune must have some weird ideas how to make Zero the main character (yes, I know I've ranted about Inafune over the years) if making him kill the one girl who was actually attracted to him while neglecting to move him beyond 'killing machine who has trouble expressing his feelings without killing anybody'. And getting the Zero series artist to make him/his stunt double (who gave a shit after Inafune finally got his way? The answer is nobody) look like an underage sex slave.

At least Doppler and Gate's falls into villainy in X3 and X6 respectively make sense.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

01-14-2015 7:17 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Manchester Devil:
QTEs are a sign that the Sega Mega CD simply refused to die when those things were all the rage. And I've played my share of Mega CD titles.

But sega always had such brilliant ideas, remember how the 32X revolutionized the industry

Quote by Alizarin:

01-14-2015 9:19 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

To be fair Sega was ahead of the time.

Remember how Nintendo tried the 64DD afterwards?
01-14-2015 10:47 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nah, apparently that never made it outside Japan (probably why not)

Quote by Alizarin:

01-21-2015 8:03 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Manchester Devil:

Seriousky though, Inafune Sigma wanted to have both the Maverick Hunters and Repliforce to be down each others throats while he goes trick or treating. Unfortunately for him, there's no reason for either side to do so, even after Akuma Magma Dragoon drops Sky Lagoon from the sky like a sack of potatoes. So whoever wrote X4's script decided on making Repliforce act like complete bloodthirsty morons with a hardon for war. Double pointing out both sides being idiots doesn't help X4 either. General tells Sigma to fuck off to the Halloween party he was supposed to attend yet fold like a cheap suit whenever Colonel starts sabre rattling, all because Colonel got mad when X or Zero asked if he can come in for questioning. Who the hell wears the trousers between Colonel and General?

And Inafune must have some weird ideas how to make Zero the main character (yes, I know I've ranted about Inafune over the years) if making him kill the one girl who was actually attracted to him while neglecting to move him beyond 'killing machine who has trouble expressing his feelings without killing anybody'. And getting the Zero series artist to make him/his stunt double (who gave a shit after Inafune finally got his way? The answer is nobody) look like an underage sex slave.

At least Doppler and Gate's falls into villainy in X3 and X6 respectively make sense.

this thread was worth it for this post

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-21-2015 8:36 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

As long as we don't have to rapidly hit a button to praise it.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-21-2015 11:46 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought we did?

KARMA KARMA KARMA
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Do you like your Zero smooth or sharp