What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Lavos Invades Dragon Ball Z» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lavos Invades Dragon Ball Z
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-03-2015 9:14 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Boo, hiss.
03-04-2015 9:56 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yoko Ono worked on Xenoverse

Necro: sex is an intoxicant for the mediocre

03-04-2015 10:06 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yes. Was very odd seeing her in the credits.
03-05-2015 2:27 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i'm kinda indifferent to gold freeza. it's not particularly visually appealing, but it doesn't really bother me either way. more interested in how the story plays out - looks like freeza is more than a match for goku this time

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-05-2015 12:25 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I keep wondering just how much farther up the scale Goku is going to go, in Battle of the Gods it was more or less implied that Goku absorbed whatever magical fairy dust that made him a Saiyan God so that he didn't lose very much when he changed back to Super Saiyan.
03-05-2015 1:04 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I hope Vegeta is the hero this time. After rewatching the series through Kai, Vegeta is a much more appealing fighter. He's strategic, calculating, cunning, and refined. Really the complete opposite of Goku. He gets shafted way too much - I want to see him come out on top, for once.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

03-05-2015 1:19 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You won't, ever.

Even the times where Vegeta actually shows his merit, he still gets shown up by Goku. That being said, the movies are generally (GENERALLY) a fair bit more balanced in regards to character usage. Vegeta is usually as much torn up as Goku is, Goku just has protag armor to give him that last push.

Goku and Vegeta are kind of a representation (or maybe a start, depending on how you look at it) of troupes regarding rivals. It gets a little murkier with DBZ, since both are effectively extremely competent martial artists. But Goku has always represented a pure, raw talent and Vegeta has represented what excessive training can do.

Ryu and Ken share a similar thing. So do Yang and Yun.
03-05-2015 4:21 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

When you put it that way, assuming it is true, that's kind of a shitty message.

"Oh, it doesn't matter how much you train, you'll never match up to the guy with the natural talent!"
03-05-2015 4:59 PMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well, with Vegeta it's somewhat different. Goku is kind of a flat character, not that this is a bad thing. But you never see as much depth as you do with someone like Vegeta, I'm not sure if it's simply because he is one of the few characters in the show to actually have the breathing room to grow in terms of both personality and training...or it's simply because he is the only one who does it at all.

Gohan had growth until Majin Buu, where he basically got reset into a teenage kid.

I personally like Vegeta because by the end of Majin Buu, he realizes that he cannot surpass Goku no matter how hard he tries...and that all of his effort to actually overcome him has cost him more than it gained him.

Let's also not forget that DBZ just plain cast characters aside after Freiza simply because Toriyama kept being pulled back into DBZ because of it's immense popularity and he honestly had no fucking clue what he was doing for the majority of the series.

So I'm probably just digging too deep, but roleplaying DBZ forever will do that.
03-05-2015 6:41 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, to put yourself in the shoes of Toriyama, the reason Goku always wins, the reason why Goku is the star, is because....can you imagine what would happen if Goku lost, and Vegeta won?

I'm pretty certain Watsuki got death threats over him killing off Kaoru (which was what he wanted to do...he wanted her to stay dead but the fans were so psychotic he had to bring her back to ensure they would allow him to finish his manga), god knows what would happen if Toriyama made it so that Vegeta bested Goku.

Goku's the best anyways. Gohan is the worst.

03-05-2015 8:43 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I got a sword, guys!

Awwww yeah

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Freeze: 03-05-2015 8:44 PM.

03-05-2015 10:19 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's sword skills you can use with it, in fact I think you even need to wear the damn thing.

Speaking of wearing... Nec, you said you wanted us to try and make your old character, here's what we got. I dunno, I think he looks boss as fuck. Look at that pimp chain.

We didn't have a picture of his gloves and boots, so we don't know what you'd want there. We also couldn't remove the horns completely, though I imagine I could eventually hack the horns out somehow.

If he's not buff enough for you, you can make him taller and buffer.
03-05-2015 10:26 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, wow, I didn't know you could actually use it.

That looks just like Necro's old MMO avatar. Nice.

Quote by Necro:

i ate the dough

03-05-2015 10:29 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's what we're making, actually!

Also, round 2.
03-05-2015 10:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

And at maximum possible size.

Second one is max height, middle weight.
03-05-2015 10:55 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Finally, with lavender fingernails. I say he's done!
03-05-2015 11:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

One more for the road.
03-05-2015 11:31 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

doG si orceN

03-06-2015 7:15 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You don't NEED to use the sword, but it looks a lot better if you do. Otherwise you just kinda pull a sword out of hammerspace.

The sword skills are pretty legit, honestly. Just a matter of the RNG gods letting you get them.
03-07-2015 3:49 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

awesome Necro in Xenoverse is awesome. I like the pose in the last picture, very appropriate for character.

Quote by Shun Akiyama:
I hope Vegeta is the hero this time. After rewatching the series through Kai, Vegeta is a much more appealing fighter. He's strategic, calculating, cunning, and refined. Really the complete opposite of Goku. He gets shafted way too much - I want to see him come out on top, for once.

i think you're describing Piccolo more than you are Vegeta. I don't think Vegeta every really was that strategic, calculating or refined. he's the character most guilty of losing his temper and just trying to destroy things. i can't think of any attack he really did that was strategic, it was generally just something designed to blow the shit out of his opponent

piccolo on the other hand, often did spectacular aainst opponents he was weaker than. he did the best against the Cell Jrs, he showed strategy by allowing Cell to absorb his arm so that he'd spill his guts. against android 17 he tricked 17 by throwing his ki attacks all over the place so that he could entrap him. yeah, i think you're describing Piccolo more than Vegeta

not saying you should prefer Piccolo (I personally do), because Vegeta is a fun character, just that what you said doesnt really describe Vegeta

Quote by Diglett:
Well, with Vegeta it's somewhat different. Goku is kind of a flat character, not that this is a bad thing. But you never see as much depth as you do with someone like Vegeta, I'm not sure if it's simply because he is one of the few characters in the show to actually have the breathing room to grow in terms of both personality and training...or it's simply because he is the only one who does it at all.

Piccolo grew alot from his first appearance at the budokai tournament to the end of the series. he showed alot of maturity once he became Gohan's pretty much second father, to absorbing Kami and becoming way more chill,and while he kinda becomes irrelevant fightwise in the Buu saga, he's definitely still an important supporting character. he's pretty much the brains of the operation for the good guys (ignoring Kaioshin)

Outside Piccolo and Vegeta, the only other character I can think of that had that kind of room to develop is Mr. Satan and Gohan.

Quote:

Gohan had growth until Majin Buu, where he basically got reset into a teenage kid.

i think the reset was kinda necessary for Gohan's character, because the big thing he had to grow past since his introduction was his reluctance to fight. #16 taught him that it's ok to fight if it's to protect something, but like.. gohan never really liked to fight to begin with. so even if he isn't holding back anymore he still doesn't like to fight so what else are you going to do with him?

gohan was supposed to be the main character of the Buu arc but Toriyama himself said it just didn't really work. he doesnt have the charm goku does. he doesnt like to fight (which was, at that point, the main focus in the series) and he's not stupid. at least, not in the same way Goku was.

it's interesting though, because if Gohan was supposed to be the main character of the Majin Buu storyline.. who did he really replace? Goku was the big hero of the Freeza arc, but.. the majority of that storyline focuses on Kuririn, Gohan, Vegeta and Bulma. Goku spends the majority of the android saga MIA because of illness and bows out to Gohan against Cell.

Quote:

Let's also not forget that DBZ just plain cast characters aside after Freiza simply because Toriyama kept being pulled back into DBZ because of it's immense popularity and he honestly had no fucking clue what he was doing for the majority of the series.

yeah, alot of characters sorta become irrelevant or MIA. and while some, it's kinda unfortunate (Tenshinhan is a cool dude), i think the series does a good job with substituting new characters for old ones. i'm ok with yamcha, roshi, kuririn, all becoming spectators. it kinda sucks that it happened to piccolo too, but kid Trunks/Goten/Gotenks and Mr. Satan are awesome characters in their own right.

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Lavos Invades Dragon Ball Z