What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » 7 year old finds vegetarian Velociraptor» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 7 year old finds vegetarian Velociraptor
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
04-27-2015 6:00 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Newly Discovered Dinosaur Is The T-Rex's Vegetarian Relative

"Different parts of its body resemble those of other dinosaur groups due to mosaic convergent evolution," Marti­n Ezcurra, a professor at the University of Birmingham, said in a press release. "In this process, a region or regions of an organism resemble others of unrelated species because of a similar mode of life and evolutionary pressures. Chilesaurus provides a good example of how evolution works in deep time and it is one of the most interesting cases of convergent evolution documented in the history of life."

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

04-27-2015 7:31 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's kinda baller that some 7 year old kid just stumbled across this and now it's giving a window into scientific research.

This all reminds me why it's so baffling when people deny evolution. Like, if God is the creator of all things seen and unseen, and we were made in His image. And we have the capacity to explore and understand what was created. Then wouldn't our continual understanding or exploration of the process bring us closer? Giving us this gift and then having it be "you can't use it" would just be perverse. I prefer to believe in a god that isn't a cosmic internet troll.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

04-27-2015 7:50 PMManchester Devil is offline Send an Email to Manchester Devil Homepage of Manchester Devil Search for Posts by Manchester Devil Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Found out about this dino on the Guardian and mentioned it on the main news thread but it is cool that this kid found it and it opened a window to expand our knowledge on dinosaur evolution.

Some people on the other hand prefer ignorance because some silly cow ate an apple because a snake told her too in the bible.

R.I.P. Mother: 14/01/1955 - 03/04/2017

R.I.P. Brother: 22/01/1981 - 03/12/2018

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharp
It gets weirder too. I just realized...if..if he nailed her he technically had sex with everything and everyone on the internet. Including this forum.

Except he ALSO posts on this forum....so....so then is it masturbation? This is fucking trippy, how did I not realize this before.

Quote:
Originally posted by Holly
Your computer magically produces hentai?!

04-27-2015 8:05 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
It's kinda baller that some 7 year old kid just stumbled across this and now it's giving a window into scientific research.

This all reminds me why it's so baffling when people deny evolution. Like, if God is the creator of all things seen and unseen, and we were made in His image. And we have the capacity to explore and understand what was created. Then wouldn't our continual understanding or exploration of the process bring us closer? Giving us this gift and then having it be "you can't use it" would just be perverse. I prefer to believe in a god that isn't a cosmic internet troll.

Evolution hasn't been concretely proven I don't think. Plus, it doesn't help that we still have not found any direct links from apes to humans.

Yes we share 99% of DNA with apes (and all life, really) but what does that even prove?

Not saying I don't think evolution is a thing, just saying that there's no concrete evidence that humans somehow evolved from apes who evolved from mice who evolved from amphibians who evolved from fish who evolved from amoeba

Necro: if you don't think roy batty was badass you're a Faggot and need to drink turpentine until you die of poisoning

04-27-2015 8:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No I was talking about the dinosaur and the general theory, because it mentioned the skeleton being adapted to survive in that region.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2015 9:22 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Sharpy:
I prefer to believe in a god that isn't a cosmic internet troll.

I dunno... kiwi's produce eggs as big as they are, and these exist

08-13-2015 9:29 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Margot:
Quote by Sharpy:

Those are what, like some sort of crustacean kinda.

Lobsters look a little weird too if you think about it (I doubt these are half as tasty)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2015 9:56 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Margot:
Quote by Sharpy:

What the hell are these

And why are they eating Doritos

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-13-2015 10:06 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

They look like giant amphipods that've adapted to land!

This post has been edited; it was last edited by Edger: 08-13-2015 10:08 PM.

08-13-2015 10:13 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
They look like giant amphipods that've adapted to land!

Or this and its a tank (the dorito bag sorta looks like its floating, and that seems to be a tank liner)

Quote by Alizarin:

08-13-2015 10:20 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Those are in the same taxinomic class as amphipods, so yeah, they're very similar.

08-14-2015 8:50 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Giant isopods, essentially giant pillbugs

08-14-2015 1:10 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

D=

They should not exist

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-14-2015 6:23 PMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Griffith, The White Hawk:
D=

They should not exist

All hail nightmare creatures from the sea!

08-14-2015 6:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hibiki:
Quote by Griffith, The White Hawk:
D=

They should not exist

All hail nightmare creatures from the sea!

Ah screw the esoteric order of dagon, they're all obsessed with gold. Which means they're probably libertarians.

Quote by Alizarin:

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » She Blinded Me  » 7 year old finds vegetarian Velociraptor