What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Are you able to trust people?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Trust, can you do it
Only a certain few people, but it's hard earned 3 75.00%
No, trust burns 1 25.00%
Yeah, of course 0 0.00%
Only one other very special person has my complete trust 0 0.00%
Total:4 Votes100%

Go to the bottom of this page Are you able to trust people?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
08-16-2015 1:15 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Weird topic, I know, but self explanatory.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-16-2015 2:03 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The only people I fully trust are X, Necro, and Sharp

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

08-16-2015 3:00 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

this is too broad. i might trust people in certain contexts and not others, and i might trust them with something depending on how valuable it is

trust is situational

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

08-16-2015 9:55 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Thinking about it further I don't fully trust X but this is related to things that I wouldn't discuss publicly

Necro: just really makes you think: only have sex with people that arent batshit

08-16-2015 10:34 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hannibal Lecter:
this is too broad. i might trust people in certain contexts and not others, and i might trust them with something depending on how valuable it is

trust is situational

This is super true. There are a few people I'd trust to the maximum point my own mental issues/personality will allow though.

08-16-2015 12:40 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is a pretty decent question though, if the options in the poll aren't ones I want to pick.

Like I trust certain family with certain things, but not others. Trust my wife with pretty much everything, but we both forget about some things so I tend to double-check some stuff (like purchases, appointments.)

But I can be unusually trusting at other times. One of my friends & coworkers was having money issues and needed to borrow a considerable sum to get his electricity turned back on. I paid the bill and gave him the loan until the next time we got our student loan monies. It was a huge risk (like $500+), and I'm not sure why I did it, TBH. But, the guy didn't let me down and paid me in cash the day the money came in.

08-16-2015 12:47 PMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, this is pretty broad, sorry about that. I guess I meant as a general question, if you had to answer yes/no, take into account whether you tend to lean towards reserving your faith to yourself or placing your trust willingly in another person. So a "which to I tend to do more often, all circumstances considered" kind of thing.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

08-16-2015 2:35 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I try to trust people until they give me a reason not to.

But, I don't trust them with anything until then. I tend to incrementally give them opportunities to earn greater levels of trust.

With the guy I lent money to it started with dollars here and there, $20 a couple of times, and he always paid me back exactly, in full, and at the promised times.

If it's a team project, I give people small tasks to start. Ask people to be prompt or communicate delays promptly. It's pretty easy to sort out who can be trusted with tasks that way.

With the kids, we have to spend some time with the other person with all the kids there before we feel comfortable with playdates or babysitting. I will never trust a daycare or baby sitter for hire kind of situation. I have no way to test that until something goes wrong.

I don't trust any service to keep my data safe, so I monitor my credit and finances constantly. I don't trust services to not overcharge me so I always double check my bills.

When it comes to personal stories or issues, there are a great many I only trust my wife with. Everyone else always seems to think it's okay to tell other people THEY trust. So, if I tell someone something I always assume that it can and will be told to someone else. (Like sending a nude pic on the phone. Once you send it it's out of your control.)

08-16-2015 3:58 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Margot:
The only people I fully trust are X, Necro, and Sharp

You're probably one of the few people I'd "unconditionally" trust too.

Mostly though:

Quote:
trust is situational

This...yeah, he even phrased it almost exactly the way I was gonna.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

08-16-2015 5:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I would legit let Sharp or Nec into my bank account, that sort of thing

"bosco" level shit here

(I didn't mention X cause he already knows)

08-16-2015 5:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Margot:
I would legit let Sharp or Nec into my bank account, that sort of thing

"bosco" level shit here

(I didn't mention X cause he already knows)

"The Rogue's Wallet. That's where he kept his card, his dirty little secret. Short, devious, balding. his name was Costanza. He killed my mother."

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Are you able to trust people?