What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » Changed database connector to PDO.» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Changed database connector to PDO.
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
09-21-2015 7:43 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

However, shit may be busted.
09-21-2015 8:52 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Should be fine now.

Damned row counts.
09-21-2015 9:18 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Still, it seems a bit quicker, so I'm happy until some catastrophic bug appears.
09-21-2015 5:24 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I love it when you count my rows

Brad: No. You don't understand. I've been dead for 35 years. Today is the day I live.

09-21-2015 5:59 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

You wouldn't if you had tried to access the forum this morning!
09-21-2015 10:16 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Something is still fucked.

Only seen this once so far, but it messed up like the first 5 posts in the thread and then everything resumed as normal.

09-21-2015 10:17 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Nope, I take that back.

Every post of Necro's (on Esin Trim at least) fuck up the posts.

09-22-2015 4:17 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Just Necro's? Wow.

EDIT: Only reason it did that is because he messed up his info. Esin Trin loses its mind if the little info box isn't there. I have reprogrammed it to not care, and also fixed up the little box in the process.
09-22-2015 4:37 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I figured it was something with his user info section (the %1 and such were visible suddenly).

09-22-2015 6:05 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I'm reprogramming that whole thing so it doesn't use arcane percentage symbols, and instead uses something simple like :name:, :info:, and :post:.
10-11-2015 5:07 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow, I can't say I expected PDO's error handler to REVEAL THE DAMN MYSQL PASSWORD ON ERROR because I didn't bother to catch the PDOException... sigh. Have to change that.
10-11-2015 6:03 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There. Changed stuff, made the error handle NOT SHOW MY PASSWORD TO CHINESE BOTS...
10-11-2015 8:33 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow, lol. Way to go PHP.

code:
1:
ini_set('display_errors',0);

10-11-2015 9:30 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I just catch the exception now and make the error display "Access Denied".

08-02-2016 3:53 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This broke the forums horribly for awhile there.

I took the time fixing it to also switch from serialize to json_decode in some common areas. Gave a good speed boost...

...and revealed that the automatic backup has not been working for months on end.
08-02-2016 7:25 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also json'd the template lists.

Not much else to json except PMs or something.
08-02-2016 7:35 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Time to make an API

08-02-2016 8:01 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why?
08-02-2016 9:06 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why NOT?! Muahahahaha

08-02-2016 9:28 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I need an actual reason to do things.

For this forum that's usually "speed? Speed speed speed. Speed?"
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » First and First - The Nexus of the Universe  » Changed database connector to PDO.