What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » X Files» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page X Files
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-03-2015 4:15 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So I'm like twenty years late to the party here, but X Files is a great show. I love the dynamic Mulder and Scully have and Mulder is such a likeable character. Everyone thinks he's nuts, but he never loses his cool and takes everything in stride.

Up to episode 4 now. Can't believe it took me this long to get into it.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

10-03-2015 5:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by 蛙:罰当たりな剣士:
So I'm like twenty years late to the party here, but X Files is a great show. I love the dynamic Mulder and Scully have and Mulder is such a likeable character. Everyone thinks he's nuts, but he never loses his cool and takes everything in stride.

Up to episode 4 now. Can't believe it took me this long to get into it.

S1 gets sort of...very hit and miss

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-03-2015 8:42 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hey, this topic isn't about me at all!
10-04-2015 1:05 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by 蛙:罰当たりな剣士:

so hes sharp?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

10-04-2015 1:07 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Laughing My Ass Off

no wonder I cannot fucking stand Mulder

Well, I just hate David Duchovny too, he's always the same character

I hate his voice I hate everything

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

10-04-2015 1:09 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

they thought he was too "slow" when he first started playing mulder, but impressed producers or someone by being one of the most read actors they knew

i bet he studied alot of political science and even considered minoring it

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-04-2015 1:10 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He does sound Durrrr... sometimes, no lie

Political science is useless and a minor has to be even more useless than a major

Necro:ugh red, i like googling her every so often because i like to irritate myself

10-04-2015 1:15 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

he has such a russian looking face, im not sure who he is thinking he is fooling with the name david

sergei the spy duchovy sounds so appropriate, turning the youth of the 90s against the american government

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-04-2015 1:16 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Didn't they also intentionally try to make scully look frumpy in the first season, I heard that too.

Freeze isn't up to the "space ghosts" episode I guess (which unfortunately is not the space-ghost you'd want it to be).

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

10-04-2015 1:16 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

you ever notice that x files did not exist until the USSR dissolved and sergei became david to infiltrate and ruin america?

i dont think this is a coincidence

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-04-2015 1:18 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Didn't they also intentionally try to make scully look frumpy in the first season, I heard that too.

Freeze isn't up to the "space ghosts" episode I guess (which unfortunately is not the space-ghost you'd want it to be).

10-04-2015 1:19 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:

Do you have an actual source or is that just misogyny

10-04-2015 1:27 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Stan:
Quote by Bill Cipher:

Do you have an actual source or is that just misogyny

It's something I heard somewhere about the network ("they" being the network, not the writers or showrunner) giving them notes along those lines, like reeeally early on, and then eventually going "okay yeah nevermind" when it became apparent their concerns were dumbass.

Considering networks apparently will give notes about the weirdest, most off the wall crap who the hell knows.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-04-2015 1:30 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Hannibal Lecter:
you ever notice that x files did not exist until the USSR dissolved and sergei became david to infiltrate and ruin america?

i dont think this is a coincidence

There's an episode later in the series where mulder gets kidnapped by the Russian offshoot or whatever of the government conspiracy.

The writers were trying to tell everyone something.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-04-2015 1:33 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i thought fox wanted them to cast a sex bomb as scully and felt gillian was too quiet

little did they know gillian anderson is sexy as hell

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

10-04-2015 1:36 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i thought fox wanted them to cast a sex bomb as scully and felt gillian was too quiet

Wait that might be it. I'm trying to remember now, it's...there was something where they were trying to feed them notes about "she has to be more/less sexual" and then eventually the network stopped.

And damn straight.

Quote by Alizarin:

10-04-2015 1:44 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

10-04-2015 1:55 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

What the hell is that exactly
10-04-2015 9:31 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's Gillian Anderson. A female.

10-04-2015 11:57 AMFreeze is offline Send an Email to Freeze Search for Posts by Freeze Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

She is very attractive, but she has this weird speech inflection, it's hard to describe. She talks like she's from the 20s. It's charming though.

And no, no space ghost ep yet. Some of them have definitely been better than others. So far the first two eps were the best.

Quote by Necro:
there's this cookie cutter life that people expect you to have and once you hit your 20s you're supposed to be somewhere in the middle of it

i ate the dough

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » X Files