What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Have you ever been in love?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have you ever been in love?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-24-2015 2:16 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Honestly there are people who can't make it work.

What now? The acronym?

I'm confused :/

10-24-2015 2:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, STEM degrees. Sorry!
10-24-2015 2:56 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh.

Well, better than a Graphic Design degree. Everyone I knew that has a BA in Graphic Design did not graduate: a) with professional-level art skills b) a job.

I thought Graphic Design would be pretty high up on the unemployed list, but I was surprised by their placement here: 25 college majors with the highest unemployment rates - CBS News

10-24-2015 1:14 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I thought Graphic Design would be pretty high up on the unemployed list, but I was surprised by their placement here: 25 college majors with the highest unemployment rates - CBS News

Okay I'm sorry. I gotta say I zoned in on this, and belittle whoever did it.

Gotta rant a lil bit here.

Quote:
3. United States history 15.1%

That is ridiculously over specialized for a bachelor's degree, and also I've never heard of this being done. May god strike me down if I'm lying, I have never encountered anyone who said their declared major was "u.s. history".

Like they probably just figured "if I memorize facts jobs will come! Cause hurf durf I was good at that in the one class in high school" instead of learning stuff like research or writing or conveying information....or...you know what people who actually major in history are taught or do.

Yeah anybody who picked this? You are a cretin, and the only phrase you'll need to remember is "Would you like fries with that".

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

10-24-2015 1:35 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

holy mother of god clinical psych is at the top?!

And neuro is number 23? Well, that doesn't really mean anything though.

Aliz: its ok one day the fbi will surround his house and he'll be killed in a shootout and they'll raid his compound and it'll be filled with like a bunch of missing girls and like his dying words will be "i was trolling...".

10-24-2015 1:43 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah this list is...I question parts of it. A lot of this doesn't seem right.

Quote:
I'm also not surprised by the high unemployment rate of library scientists, particularly as some colleges and other institutions are questioning the need for large expensive buildings to house collections that can be stored on computers.

Reassuring. Guess who has experience with archival softwaaareee mothafuckaaaas

(Okay I turned this into me, I'll stop)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

10-24-2015 1:49 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Librarians are hot. (not really)

Aliz: its ok one day the fbi will surround his house and he'll be killed in a shootout and they'll raid his compound and it'll be filled with like a bunch of missing girls and like his dying words will be "i was trolling...".

10-24-2015 2:04 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Trainee:

I'd Dewey your decimal system gurrrl Eyebrow 2

(I did not remotely even consider library science)

Quote by Alizarin:

10-24-2015 2:32 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Trainee:
holy mother of god clinical psych is at the top?!

And neuro is number 23? Well, that doesn't really mean anything though.

I can see it. It's one of those fields where if you don't have your own practice it can be tough to find a position. People don't really get promoted up in order to free up the entry level positions. They just start charging more.

I don't know how accurate that list is. There's plenty of them out there, so it wouldn't hurt to compare.

10-24-2015 7:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Psych is because if you get a Bachelors you are useless, straight up.
10-25-2015 12:20 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Trainee:

I wanted to be a librarian as a kid until video games replaced books for me. Hanging out in a quiet places for work, minimal dealing with people, repetitive tasks. Lawdy~

10-25-2015 1:38 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why not comp sci?
10-25-2015 10:49 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Why not comp sci?

IT work positions are becoming decreasingly isolated, and social/communication skills becoming a must-have.

10-25-2015 11:02 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
Quote by Jack Crawford:
Why not comp sci?

IT work positions are becoming decreasingly isolated, and social/communication skills becoming a must-have.

Scared

10-25-2015 11:37 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sadly, it's true.

Pretty much the #1 thing I've noticed from all these industry presentations I've seen, and places I've visited, is that good communication and interaction are the top-sought skills for new employees.

Employers know they can teach the IT people their specific IT things. There's no shortage of technically-inclined people, unlike they days of old. So, there's not the "We need him, so we let him be that way" attitude anymore. Communication skills are much harder to teach, and so a bigger must. With IT guys, they specifically look for people that can explain technical things clearly to both other technical people and non-technical people.

I'm pretty good at that communication stuff, and it's more important in MIS even, so that's a good fit. MIS roles usually involve having to communicate with the super-technical positions (developers, administrators) and the functional business areas, acting almost as a translator.

02-09-2016 3:42 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So, my topic about love turned into a discussion about STEM.

TDottle....

02-09-2016 4:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

~ Luv

Quote by Alizarin:

02-10-2016 8:01 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
So, my topic about love turned into a discussion about STEM.

TDottle....

Doesn't that always happen?
03-26-2016 1:11 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

With Alec, sure. But I expected different here.

03-26-2016 1:28 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Well we are a show forum about nothing, soo...

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Have you ever been in love?