What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Have you ever been in love?» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have you ever been in love?
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
10-21-2015 1:56 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I do feel bad about how she'll probably have to take calculus 1 and ochem when she needs neither for what she wants to do in life.
10-21-2015 4:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I've taken statistics, done them by hand even. ANOVA, chi-squares, etc etc. To indicate the extent of how utterly I annihilated my math classes, I didn't even attend most of them and was still at the top of the heap. My professor of stats was happy to see me whenever I showed up, because I was basically the only one who knew what was going on and would talk to him. I also did three semesters of research that involved statistics.

So you'll see that I am in a position of relative authority when I tell you right now that Calculus I is utterly superfluous for the vast majority of statistics. You need college algebra at best, with maybe some low level pre-calculus.

Most people don't even do the stats by hand, they use a program like SPSS.

You REALLY don't need better than college algebra for most things outside of engineering and comp sci (and I hesitate to suggest you actually need calculus for the vast majority of application programming). It's ridiculous how much math she's been forced to take.
10-24-2015 12:45 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

A SET degree... ehhhh
10-24-2015 2:12 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Honestly there are people who can't make it work.
10-24-2015 2:19 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

No, STEM degrees. Sorry!
10-24-2015 7:11 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Psych is because if you get a Bachelors you are useless, straight up.
10-25-2015 1:38 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Why not comp sci?
02-10-2016 8:01 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
So, my topic about love turned into a discussion about STEM.

TDottle....

Doesn't that always happen?
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » The Jerkstore  » Prognosis Negative - Polls  » Have you ever been in love?