What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Setsuna IS CRAP» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Setsuna IS CRAP
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
01-29-2016 10:12 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I don't have time to keep up with vidya news any more, but it seems that Squenix is releasing a game in February around the theme of heartbreaking sorrow (or some incomprehensible emotion because the japs are kooky)

Who gives a shit, though. Except it's actually a new RPG and not Final Fantasy, and its battle system is Chrono Trigger's.

Also, the samurai looks fuckin badass.

Kind of a Shishio with Gogo's fashion sense thing going on.

Gameplay.

The bigwigs at Squenix supposedly asked for a game "like the SNES classics".

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-29-2016 11:07 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wow, that looks great. Is it getting a US release?

Chrono Trigger might be a dead franchise, but I think the story is good as it is anyway. A spiritual successor would be better IMO. I haven't played a full RPG in a couple years (went through CT DS and some Dragon Quest GBA/DS games), but this looks like it's up my alley.

01-30-2016 12:58 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i heard bout this awhile ago and people comparing it to chrono trigger but i couldnt find good screeens and i wasnt into watching videos at the time

watching the video it looks fantastic

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

01-30-2016 1:32 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aww, man... It'll be worldwide, but it's a PS4/Vita game, which means I can't play it anytime soon.

01-30-2016 1:41 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can't play it at all. But never know, could do a PC port. They did that with DDogma after like, 4 years.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-30-2016 8:48 AMDiglett is offline Send an Email to Diglett Search for Posts by Diglett Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'd hold a reasonable hope for a PC port if it's getting a worldwide release, Squenix seems to be more interested in putting games on PC
01-30-2016 10:10 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It also apparently has a materia style system which I always had fun with in SPIKYHAIR BELTAN ZIPPERS.

01-30-2016 11:34 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh, never really got into a FF game to see materia system in action.

A port 4 years out sounds about the time I'd be able to afford a PS4 anyway! So, it can wait.

01-30-2016 12:39 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
I don't have time to keep up with vidya news any more, but it seems that Squenix is releasing a game in February around the theme of heartbreaking sorrow (or some incomprehensible emotion because the japs are kooky)

It's been done..

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

01-30-2016 12:53 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Silent Hill 2 is not an rpg

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-30-2016 2:22 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Aeris Mary dies

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

01-30-2016 2:35 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
I can't play it at all. But never know, could do a PC port. They did that with DDogma after like, 4 years.

And don't forget, Square PC'ed the entirely of Final Fantasy XIII and is doing FF9.
01-30-2016 4:08 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Didn't they make some mmo also

Quote by Alizarin:

01-30-2016 4:09 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

FF 13 and 14 or 12 and 13 or something, yes. I know it's some numbers

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-30-2016 5:37 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I always forget which is the "HA. HA. HA." one.

Quote by Alizarin:

01-30-2016 5:54 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

That's ten.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-31-2016 2:44 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

11 and 14 are the MMOs!
01-31-2016 9:12 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Could we stop talking about FF in a thread that's not about FF

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

01-31-2016 12:06 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

JRPGs all kinda look the same

#insensitive, #japanshaming, #consolelivesmatter

Quote by Alizarin:

01-31-2016 3:37 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

if this is for ps4 it'll be another reason for me to want a ps4

i watched the video long enough to see a battle, but not long after the first one. anyone know if there's link attacks or anything?

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

Pages (2): [1] 2 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » G.L.C., 860,630 Points.  » Setsuna IS CRAP