What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ghostbusters Reboot
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-03-2016 4:27 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Finally, a trailer!

It looks fuckin great! ...then falls apart towards the end with "modern" comedy. But that's bound to happen.

Also, the weapons they use are Durrrr... looking, but again, modernization.

What gets me is that I believe "Egon" has the Peter characterization, while "Peter" has the Egon personality. But hey, it's just a change of hair color.

The firehouse looks great, the locales look great. The car looks amazing. The fat white chick playing Ray's character will definitely be a problem, though, and its a shame they cast her. She just eats the scene, her comedic timing is bad.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

03-03-2016 5:30 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Agreed on fat white chick.
03-03-2016 5:35 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is the End Exorcism of Jonah Hill - YouTube

03-03-2016 5:50 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh so it is going the sequel route judging by that opening text. I kept hearing yes and then no and then yes but kinda as to just what the deal there was.

Quote:
Also, the weapons they use are Durrrr... looking, but again, modernization.

I'd seen the photos and was actually okay with it looking like some borderline fallout piece of tech cobbled together from random components.

...Then this one had the pistols and that was just pretty stupid.

Quote:
The fat white chick playing Ray's character will definitely be a problem, though, and its a shame they cast her.

Paul Feig/the studio.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-03-2016 5:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The pistols and the thing the fat chick punched with, those were just awful.

I call it a reboot but only because it seems like one? They very well may reference the older GB, I dont know.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

03-03-2016 5:53 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it was the "30 years ago" bit. It seems like it could go either way, I didn't really notice anything to conclusively say yes or no.

I'm guessing the pistols thing is gonna be the capper to some running thing with mckinnon's character being the prototypical "crazy engineer constantly trying to top stuff"

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2016 5:20 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hol is probably right. So I'm proceeding with the assumption this is a reboot and the "30 years ago" was just because its the first trailer. Any references will likely be kind of incidental callbacks...I could see Aykroyd showing up somehow but not as ray, I even saw a theory he's the villain somehow.

I'm betting the hearse gets destroyed/something and at the end right before it goes to credits (there's no way sony isn't trying for a franchise) the "classic" one shows up as they go off to another call.

Quote:
The fat white chick playing Ray's character will definitely be a problem, though, and its a shame they cast her. She just eats the scene, her comedic timing is bad.

Going by SNL unless Leslie Jones can really reign it in that's the achilles heel. McCarthy also can go way too scene chewing too though.

Kate McKinnon I'm predicting is gonna be the part of this everybody likes. Again just going by what I've seen on SNL.

There's no barometer aside from that for Jones and McKinnon I can think of, or I'm drawing a blank on other examples.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2016 5:57 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Also this is half the internet (about anything): GHOSTBUSTERS TRAILER REVIEW - Red Letter Media

Yes I know I just did try guessing act 3 based off a 2 minute trailer.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2016 6:04 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

The trailer didn't wow me, but it was fun. I love Kristen Wiig so I'm going to go see this anyways

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-04-2016 6:11 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wiig seems like kinda a given.

It's gonna come down to whether or not Paul Feig can write worth a damn since I've only seen one of his movies and he didn't write it.

Looking it up his co-writer did the one I have seen. So who knows.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2016 7:08 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Wiig is hit or miss for me. McCarthy, too. No idea who the other two are.

I'll rent it, but not gonna get a babysitter for it.

03-04-2016 7:21 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It seems like a 'wait until it comes on tv' thing.

Unless the reviews end up being mind-blowing. Then again I often end up disagreeing with those.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-04-2016 7:52 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
Kate McKinnon I'm predicting is gonna be the part of this everybody likes. Again just going by what I've seen on SNL.

Doesn't help that she's hot.

I'll probs go to theaters to see this.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

03-04-2016 8:23 PMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking the same thing

Female Egon has a certain sexyness

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

03-04-2016 8:40 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

From her mannerisms I think she's more a Peter? In the first ghost scene, there's a Pringle hanging out of her mouth.

She is seen with her feet up on a desk -- pretty sure Peter did the same thing.

Wiig writes an entire board of quantum physics stuff. She also wears more "plain" clothing.

When Leslie Jones shows the hearse, McKinnon has a sarcastic kind of smile and clap combination. Wiig looks perturbed.

McKinnon has on a wig and hat to scare Wiig. (weirdly enough I am pretty sure this happened in the cartoon)

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

03-04-2016 8:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I think they're going for her as the zany or sarcastic one. Which I guess would be peter.

It remains to be seen if they're trying to do 1 to 1 analogues or just general variations (if they're trying to do direct copying down to line delivery and all, horrible idea). Wiig and McCarthy seem to be the Ray and Egon ones where one is super into the paranormal and the other is a little more buttoned down.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-05-2016 1:48 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

There's controversy about Jones' character since shes black and is the only one not a scientist.

Jones has said the correct thing along the lines of "If my character WAS a doctor, people would complain about what KIND of doctor."

But naturally she is the Winston analogue. Just overblown. Winston was supposed to be a marine with a phd though...which is ludicrous so I understand why it wasnt in there.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

03-05-2016 3:48 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

He was? I don't...remember that. I haven't seen either of those in a while. I just remember the "if you're paying I'll believe whatever you want" line. Or however it went.

Them establishing her as somebody who has insider knowledge of or moreso access to the local infrastructure almost makes more sense.

Quote by Alizarin:

03-05-2016 4:04 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
But naturally she is the Winston analogue. Just overblown. Winston was supposed to be a marine with a phd though...which is ludicrous so I understand why it wasnt in there.

Actually, the thing with military is, you go for however many years you get a free education from the GI Bill.
03-05-2016 4:06 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Bill Cipher:
He was? I don't...remember that. I haven't seen either of those in a while. I just remember the "if you're paying I'll believe whatever you want" line. Or however it went.

Them establishing her as somebody who has insider knowledge of or moreso access to the local infrastructure almost makes more sense.

Winston was in the book. Not the movie.

It was a dream.

We live inside a dream.

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot