What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ghostbusters Reboot
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
03-05-2016 4:52 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh. I wasn't aware of the book even (or, I mean, it stands to reason one exists since that's a thing)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

03-09-2016 1:12 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This looks like a good movie and I can't wait to see it.
03-09-2016 1:35 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I have no interest. Best character in the trailer was Slimer.

03-09-2016 1:37 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is the cooler.

03-09-2016 7:25 PMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Moose:
The trailer sucked so much ass. It looks just as bad as I worried it would. And the black chick is loud and stupid and annoying. And nobody's cool in this trailer. Everyone's awkward and quirky and obnoxious. Winston was cool. Peter was cool. Egon was sort of cool. Ray wasn't cool but his enthusiasm was infectious. These chicks just look dumb.

This isn't a sexist thing. If it were guys delivering these same lines, I'd be just as disappointed.

I still thought it was entertaining until the ending where Jones is slapping McCarthy who was possessed. Those two are really gonna ruin it.

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

03-10-2016 10:02 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Queen Bitch:
There's controversy about Jones' character since shes black and is the only one not a scientist.

Why stop there. This entire film is problematic. Scientists and a municipal employee fighting "ghosts" (oh, so ghosts are 'others') who may be from eras where they faced microaggression and shaming based on ethnic background? It's new york so the ghosts were possibly immigrants. And also it glorifies nuclear-accelerator powered weaponry.

And the first one was so anti-environment, making the EPA out to be bad guys is so right wing.

#Corporealspalining, #NotAllStaypufts.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

03-10-2016 10:11 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

This is still an era where people face ethnicity-based shaming and microaggressions.

03-10-2016 10:16 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
This is still an era where people face ethnicity-based shaming and microaggressions.

This was a serious discussion of the societal implications of a ghostbusters remake trailer yes.

Quote by Alizarin:

04-17-2016 11:11 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seriousky, though, Leslie Jones' character is pretty embarrassing for black people. Winston didn't have much to do, but he wasn't a screaming, face-slapping, crowd-diving moron like this chick is. "I don't know if it was a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell." Are we really gonna go there? You're gonna pull the race card and the sexism card because you're a dumbass that fell on the ground when you tried to go crowd surfing? Goddammit. Go back to the Tyler Perry movie you fell out of.

The GB reboot trailer's one of the most downvoted YouTube videos of all time. It's actually got a worse like-to-dislike ratio than this Justin Bieber video with nearly six-million dislikes. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this reboot more terrifying than any ghost could be.

...Although at least one YouTube channel thought it would be cool rebooting the movie with Seth Rogen as one of the Ghostbusters. I think I'd rather this reboot actually erase the original Ghostbusters from existence than have Seth Rogen anywhere near Ghostbusters. Holy shit.
04-18-2016 12:33 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I can only hope that's like, the worst part of the movie they showed in the trailer (probably isn't but one can hope)

David Lynch: A lot of artists think they want anger. But a real, strong, bitter anger occupies the mind, leaving no room for creativity.

04-18-2016 12:34 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Let's just all agree that regardless of your feelings on the Ghostbusters reboot, lethal weapon needs to be brought back in some form starring rob mcelhenney, Glen howerton, Charlie day and Danny devito

Fund a full length high budget movie for theaters, hollywood

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

04-18-2016 12:41 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

YES PLZ!

04-18-2016 3:20 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:
Let's just all agree that regardless of your feelings on the Ghostbusters reboot, lethal weapon needs to be brought back in some form starring rob mcelhenney, Glen howerton, Charlie day and Danny devito

"Why would we do reshoots on that, that movie was PERFECT"

Quote by Alizarin:

06-25-2016 12:30 AMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Fall Out Boy - Ghostbusters (I'm Not Afraid) (Audio) ft. Missy Elliott

New version of the theme song. It's getting a ton of hate, of course, because everything attached to this movie does. I don't hate it, but it doesn't do much for me. It kind of reminds me of the Extreme Ghostbusters theme song, which I always thought was a bit corny and trying a little too hard. The repetition of "I'm not afraid" gets tiresome, too.

At least the Missy Elliot part gives me some nice GB2 soundtrack memories.

...Wait, Jim Cummings sang the Extreme Ghostbusters theme song? Darkwing Duck? Cat from CatDog? I did not know that.
06-25-2016 12:54 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I thought fall out boy had just sort of fallen into the mists of pop culture ephemera.

(Yes I listened to the song, it's...I just had no reaction except this. Which is probably not a good thing when you feel nothing about a song)

edit: And yes I know I was yelled at for the "don't care" comment. But that is a criticism, it augers poorly when there's just no emotional response generated by a film. Art, and film is a subset of art, is supposed to engage something in the beholder at least somehow.

But there seems to be nothing here except the stuff about people arguing over it. Even one of the primary stars said the trailer sucked. That's the problem, it seems lazy and just created so people will argue about it.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-25-2016 8:59 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I saw Finding Dory today. Had a preview for Ghostbusters. Woman behind me loudly said "That's going to be the worst movie ever."

But... Only if you're judging it against the originals. Otherwise it'd just be normal trash

06-25-2016 9:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:

This is happening actually, but it's a t.v. show.

And unfortunately, no, it isn't them.

Apparently when Fox tried making a minority report tv show and it bombed they decided to double down on the concept of "let's remake a movie as a weekly procedural". Because when something explodes in your face you just do the exact same thing banking on a different result because dammit stop asking questions.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-25-2016 10:11 PMMoose is offline Search for Posts by Moose Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I saw Finding Dory today. Had a preview for Ghostbusters. Woman behind me loudly said "That's going to be the worst movie ever."

But... Only if you're judging it against the originals. Otherwise it'd just be normal trash

Many GB fans wished this new movie would instead have been marketed as a parody of the original rather than a reboot, just like how a previous Paul Feig/Melissa McCarthy project, Spy, spoofed Bond films. Then it wouldn't really matter how stupid this movie ended up being since it would just poking fun at Ghostbusters, rather than being a bizarre, fan-insulting attempt to continue a beloved franchise.

If not a spoof, then at least I wish more of real-life had been injected into this movie. It should have been an actual sequel to the previous movies. Make it that Egon's dead and Peter and Winston have moved on, and it's just Ray trying to keep his beloved ghost-busting franchise alive. These four women are intrigued about the paranormal and decide they want to be ghostbusters. Then they'll bumble around and do their awkward shtick like in the trailers because they're all dumb wannabes that Ray hired out of desperation. JUST LIKE IN REALITY! Awesome
06-25-2016 10:33 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Sometimes I really just question if Paul Feig got very very lucky with bridesmaids and spy and mostly it was Melissa Mccarthy who made his career, but now feig is just holding onto that.

And then nobody crosses him because he's friends with Judd Apatow who from what I can tell...people seem to be, like, afraid of that guy? It's very peculiar.

Quote by Alizarin:

06-25-2016 11:09 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Bridesmaids bored me. Kristen Weig just hits my unfunny bone

Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last »« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot