What a Weird World We Live In
Register Calendar Members List Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot» Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread PostRecommend on Facebook
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ghostbusters Reboot
Post« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
07-13-2016 8:00 AMGudetama is offline Send an Email to Gudetama Search for Posts by Gudetama Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

If I have an interest in a movie, I try and avoid trailers like crazy for that very reason.

07-13-2016 9:04 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I have the tv on in the background so it's more difficult, but yeah.

edit: I'm very glad Independence day: resurgence didn't do this. Just using the last thing I saw as an example.

And I actually was kind of "..You're kidding, that..you're kidding" at something near the very end, but still. Better to have that reaction than have it plastered out there beforehand.

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Nina Fortner (regarding faking one's death):
Been there done that. No one would believe it this time.

Quote by Alizarin:
holy fuck i am ready to burn it all down. all of it.

07-13-2016 12:16 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Hell even video games do it now.
07-13-2016 12:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Jack Crawford:
Hell even video games do it now.

Fallout 4 kinda did, it didn't dawn on me until I saw it happen though (and it was daytime so it didn't look the same)

These are not fairy tales, or myths. This place of power is tangible, and as such, can be found, entered, and perhaps, utilized in some fashion..

Quote by Alizarin:

07-14-2016 6:44 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

It's mildly reassuring there's a co-writer (it's the woman who did "the heat" which I remember actually liking) and not just feig cause he doesn't seem to have that much of a background as a writer. I didn't see his last one, spy or whatever, supposedly that was all him and apparently wasn't bad from the reviews.

Somehow I thought the script was gonna be all him, probably cause with the whole internet malarkey he's been vocal.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 4:46 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

it was ok

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:
Necro: Pfft. You're a useless waste of oxygen.

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
Political Correctness Needs to Stop
08/27/2015

07-16-2016 10:00 AMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Seeing it in less than an hour.

07-16-2016 11:02 AMStruggler is offline Send an Email to Struggler Search for Posts by Struggler Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Dennis Reynolds:
it was ok

That's all you're gonna give me?!

Come on give the real dirt

X: One of my favorite things is the bubonic plague.

07-16-2016 11:22 AMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Betting it sucks.
07-16-2016 12:46 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure everybody is going to just be very reticent about criticizing it because Sony pretty ingeniously managed to spin this into some kind of crusade.

(I'm sure it was partially them, it's the internet blogosphere, nothing is real)

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 4:48 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I loved it. I was laughing right from the opening and all the way through. It was a lot of fun. Lots of cameos, too, and references to the original that fit really well.

Very enjoyable. Got me motivated for the day after I saw it. Got a lot of stuff done.

07-16-2016 5:00 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

So the marketing was just terrible then?

edit: Trailers...wait, trailers are marketing. Whatever.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 5:12 PMEdger is offline Send an Email to Edger Search for Posts by Edger Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I dunno that the marketing was terrible. Everyone picked apart every individual piece we were shown. When separate like that, it's easy to do.

When everything was integrated, it worked very well together.

There were just a lot of anti-women Ghostbusters haters. That made it into the movie, too. In comments on their YouTube video someone was like "Ain't no bitches gonna catch ghosts."

07-16-2016 5:42 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Quote by Edger:
I dunno that the marketing was terrible. Everyone picked apart every individual piece we were shown. When separate like that, it's easy to do.

When everything was integrated, it worked very well together.

There were just a lot of anti-women Ghostbusters haters. That made it into the movie, too. In comments on their YouTube video someone was like "Ain't no bitches gonna catch ghosts."

Melissa McCarthy even said the first trailer sucked.

And as far as the whole misogyny angle I'm really only more interested in the movie and not the pissy little internet arguments between mra types and sjws on comment sections. You can't judge quality based on internet comments because 99.99% of people on the internet are below insects, insects are probably more capable of thought.

edit: I'll probably end up watching it on t.v. I really am not that enormous of a ghostbusters fan to give a damn. I mean I like them and as a kid I had ghostbusters toys but it wasn't like "mah childhood". Now the star trek movie and maybe the star wars one I'll probably see cause that was more my thing.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-16-2016 7:40 PMAlabastard is offline Send an Email to Alabastard Search for Posts by Alabastard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

I'll see it when it's on demand or such, like I do almost every movie!
07-18-2016 1:06 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

i found the movie to just mostly fall flat in alot of areas, and the action scenes were just too ridiculous. take it for what you will, but i generally hate action in newer movies

(civil war was cool though, ignoring that iron man didnt fuck cap up)

chris helmsworth had moments though and the movie at times was funny. bill murray's final scene was my favorite

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

There is an idea of a Necro; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-18-2016 1:43 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Oh they got Bill Murray? I thought he was just like sick of the whole thing.

Quote by Alizarin:

07-18-2016 1:48 AMThe Greatest of All Time is offline Search for Posts by The Greatest of All Time Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

yes

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Year of Sharp, 2016

Quote by X-sah:

\m/ Megadeth \m/
08/27/2015

07-18-2016 11:22 AMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Okay I lol'd at that then

Quote by Alizarin:

07-19-2016 3:30 PMRussian Agent is offline Send an Email to Russian Agent Search for Posts by Russian Agent Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post       Go to the top of this page

Lol the half in the bag guys (redlettermedia, the plinkett reviews, it's their general review show) just pulled out a bottle of crystal skull vodka midway through and began drinking it.

Then they made a screwdriver using the remade hi c stuff and the vodka.

...It's a nice looking bottle, frankly.

Quote by Alizarin:

Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
What a Weird World We Live In » Media Area  » The Triangle Guy - Art  » Ghostbusters Reboot